Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Walibi World?

Walibi World?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 26th, 2004, 2:54 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
I was looking around in another topic about First Drops when I saw that Six Flags Holland was now known as Walibi World?! I think Dirk lives nearest to the park - so how long has it been called this? Because when I visited the park about 8 weeks ago it was Six Flags Holland..

Post October 26th, 2004, 4:49 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

I think the name officially takes effect next operating season, as six flags sold the european parks off

Post October 26th, 2004, 5:37 am

Points on hand: 4,127.00 Points
The name is not officially brought out by the StarParks group, the group that runs the 7 SixFlags parks in Europe right now. There are some clues that the name will involve Walibi, but the name Walibi world is totally denied by the staff of SixFlags Holland.

Ren?????????

Post October 26th, 2004, 6:07 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
yeah, it's because the parks are sold, also if you look like how SFB is called it's totally different, but the wierd thing is, i recieved over mail to puchase my season pass for next year. And they still call the SFH, SFB etc... But no WBMWM... [:(] Here's a screenie of the e-mail(it's in dutch):

Post October 26th, 2004, 8:20 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

how do you read that, its like hoffen squuen bobban(no offence)

Post October 26th, 2004, 8:22 am

Points on hand: 4,794.00 Points
Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

And they still call the SFH, SFB etc... But no WBMWM...

Six Flags didn't sell WBMWM couse they never really owned it, they just run it. That is also why there were so many problems with the ESP in WBMWM. [;)]

Post October 26th, 2004, 9:30 am

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
--------------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 26th, 2004, 3:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
how do you read that, its like hoffen squuen bobban(no offence)

^^ Never mind reading it how about saying it! Dutch has to be the most confusing language in the world...

Post October 26th, 2004, 7:03 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post October 28th, 2004, 12:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,843.00 Points
I agree with Fornication Nation. Even though I don't like learning spanish, at least it makes sense. [confused] [:D] But that's off topic...

Post October 28th, 2004, 1:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
I live pretty near to Six Flags Holland too, about a 45 minute drive, so I have been reading about all this. So here is the story behind it.

A british investment company called Palamon bought the entire Six Flags European Division, however I am not sure if Warner brother movie world Madrid was included. These parks were sold last year and next year the parks will be renamed, the company name will be StarParks and SFH is going to be renamed to Walibi World, because Walibi was sort of the root company which turned this place into an amusement park in the first place. Because the DC comics stuff can't be used anymore a few rides would have to be renamed and re-themed so that is promosing. There are also a lot of rumours about a new family ride for the next season, however, just rumours so far.
That's about it, from what I have heard so far it seems that Star Parks is not willing to invest in the parks a lot, and they want to attract more families, so we'll see how that turns out. I believe Palamon is planning to make the parks "healthy" again and then sell them in 5 years to someone else. They did get a guy from the Tussauds group in the staff for theming, so I hope he does some good things for the park, because theming and indoor rides is what SFH lacks.
Anyway, let's hope the SFED has a bright future ahead of it.

Never heard of Star Parks? Look here: http://www.starparks.com/

Return to General Theme Park Discussions