Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions RITA - AT - The plans?!?

RITA - AT - The plans?!?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 1st, 2004, 1:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Are these the lans of RITA, the new coaster at Alton Towers. I found em on Towerstimesforum (thanks to all those TTF members, especially Dan who posted this. I dont know any of you but thanks, i just thought i shud alert every1 on this site who was interested.)I did not really find this info, it was posted on towers times, so i am giving you the link to the page on towerstimes, and if you scroll down a bit, you will find the link in the post by Dan.

This is the link to the page on Towerstimes:

Link to Site

This is only what the plan MAY look like! Read all the posts on TTF for more info. Anyways now uve seen what MAY be the plans, Lets speculate!!!! lol [:D]

Post November 1st, 2004, 2:06 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Well if thats what the real plans are, then it doesn't look all that spectacular does it really lol. But hey, a new ride is a new ride. This one had better bloody be themed though, not like that Air and Spinball crapness.

P.S. 600 posts [:D]

Post November 2nd, 2004, 12:59 pm

Yeah, i know. lol
If you go further along in the topic in the link i sent you can find a nolimits creation of the ride. It is not great, but still worth taking a look if you are interested. It is also in one of Dans posts, and it is easy to spot as there is a pic in that post 2. I think its in about pg 34 bt i aint sure.
Hopefully the real ride will have sum inversions in, cos wiv that as a layout, it needs em. lol. Im still not sure if this is the propa layout, cos to only get dat for ?????????7,000,000!!!!! Theres gotta b summat else to it. If so it will over soooooooooo fast. Maybe it will have sum decent air time. Or can you imagine if this was all just a cover up, and parts of a woody coaster started cumin on site. That wud b amazing, but i really doubt it wil happen. lol

Post November 2nd, 2004, 2:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Theres probably alot of theming in the ride, and you gotta remember this is fairyl new technology. But it looks good, I'm sure they're gonna change the name..

Post November 3rd, 2004, 9:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

Alton Towers aint that good a park. Nemesis is way too overated.

Post November 3rd, 2004, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

G-force, have you even been to AT. I doubt it, and personally I have not, but I think it looks like a very nice park, and this will be a nice addition.

Post November 3rd, 2004, 10:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

Well if thats what the real plans are, then it doesn't look all that spectacular does it really lol. But hey, a new ride is a new ride. This one had better bloody be themed though, not like that Air and Spinball crapness.

Yeah, because of course it couldn't be that good without theming, no matter how great of a ride it is...

Post November 4th, 2004, 2:10 pm

G Force said "Alton Towers aint that good a park. Nemesis is way too overated."

I am totally shocked. That is the first time i have ever heard anyone say anything bad about nemmy!!!!!!!!!! It is the best coaster i have ever been on!!!
Alton Towers is also wicked, although some of the queues are terrible, you have 2 wait ages to ride Air especially!!!!! But the quality of some of the rides make up for that, like NEMMY!!!! lol
Anyway bak to RITA, someone has posted new plans which are more detailed on towerstimesforum. To view this, go on the link above that i posted in my first post, then go to page 43 of the subject Scroll down and you will see the plans!!!!
It is really confusing though, cos some of what i think are the footers on the plans, are not used in the track layout!!!! hmm confusing?

EDIT: All edited G-Force Addict!!! lol [:D] Sorry, im just so used to texting!!! [:D]

Post November 4th, 2004, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Jpecool you mind regulating your spellings there? I'm sure im not the only one here who has trouble reading/making sense of what you posted. It also doesnt make you look too intelligent, and we dont want that [;)]

As for G-Force saying Nemesis is over-rated...if you havnt ridden it how do you possibly know? Before the first time i went to Alton Towers i had looked at hundreds of pics of Nemesis and when i actualy got to the park and could see the whole thing i was blown away. There is no way you can judge the coaster from looking at pics of it. Even videos of it just doesnt cut it. The whole area around Nemesis is simply amazing and i have yet to find another coaster anywhere in the world like it.

Post November 4th, 2004, 3:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Thats wrong. Because why are threy digging up the other side then?

Post November 4th, 2004, 3:51 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Maybe they're digging up over the other side to shove a massive piece of themeing down?.....just a thought

Post November 5th, 2004, 11:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
*yawn, doesn't look special to me. Even all the theming in the world i think could make it considered great

Post November 6th, 2004, 5:45 pm

Remember those plans might not be totally correct, and may be old plans which have been edited!!! I really hope it has 2 heartline rolls or something, and then maybe even a vertical loop on the crossover, which the heartline passes through!!! I doubt the loop thing will happen but we might see some heartlines hopefully, as some of the footers look in the right place to hold up a heartline, well, from what you can tell.

P.S I love nemmy and i totally agree with what all that G Force Addict said, although i was blown away by the pictures, and even more blown away when i first saw it. Especiall when you enter Forbidden valley, and you can hear the screams of terror echoing accross the air. Then you round a corner, and your eyes are suddenly drawn to Nemmy!!! You look straight up to the huge Corkscrew towering above you (although it aint really that big but it seems it) then down into the large cavernous pits below you, full of red, bloody water. Then suddenly the trains rush past you, and you are almost blown over by the wind it creates (well i am because im a very small person). hehe lol

P.S.S - All my bad spelling has been corrected in my last post, sorry about that. Im not really that thick, its just im used to writng in text. Im really very clever. Well kind of! Actually not really! i got a A in English! Surprisingly!

Post November 6th, 2004, 11:42 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ don't you mean AN A in English? [lol] j/k, anways, I'm sure they'll have a top hat thrown in there some where for air time, what's a rocket coaster without a top hat?

Post November 7th, 2004, 4:02 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
yeah you'll love some intamin heartlines/barrel rolls

Post November 7th, 2004, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

It'll probably have a turn right after the launch, and the queue line will right there so the wind almost knocks you down, and maybe a heartline roll thrown in there too.

Post November 8th, 2004, 3:07 pm

Originally posted by thecool326

^ don't you mean AN A in English? [lol] j/k, anways, I'm sure they'll have a top hat thrown in there some where for air time, what's a rocket coaster without a top hat?

Yeah, who am i trying to kid? im better at Science!!! lol

I dont know about the top hat, but hopefully it will have lots of high speed bunny hops with some decent airtime. That would be wicked. Apparently the cars are going to be the same as the Xcellerator cars, although with Over the shoulder restraints. This points to the fact that its either going to have a huge amount of airtime or an inversion, although i may be wrong. Lets just wait and see. Hopefully some of the steel work will arrive soon, and people might be able to get some pictures on the Winter weekends which are starting.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions