Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Worst coaster designer?

Worst coaster designer?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 21st, 2004, 10:09 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
According to Alvey, Japan holds some real Togo treasures, smooth fun Togo rides.

On the other hands, Ive never heard him say anything good about RCCA woodies.

Post October 22nd, 2004, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
i honestly cant imagine what a good togo would be like lol... (why do we get the crappy ones?)

Post October 22nd, 2004, 2:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

i think vekoma do good designs its just they need to be smooth.

I have only riden 2 Schwarzkopt coaster (the bullet and magnum force-flamingo land, UK) and the bullet could be way smoother but it wasn't as bad magnum force which gave me a dead leg and arm lol but Schwarzkopt was way ahead of his time(like every1 has said)

Post October 22nd, 2004, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,694.00 Points
I don't get why people hate Vekoma. I have only been on 2 boomerangs and 1 SLC, but they defnitely weren't enough for me to care at all, and they were really fun. I have been on only 2 arrows, 1 mine train, one looper, and I really don't like them. The Canyon Blaster (mine train) was built poorly and has a terrible layout. The Steamin' Demon (looper) was too short, wasn't exciting, wasn't even fun, and the corkscrews hurt too much for me to like them at all. My ears turn bright red after riding it, and they stay red. I have been on 1 B+M (soon to be many). It was Batman: Dark Knight. It felt slow, but it was really smooth and enjoyable. If it felt faster and were a bit longer, it'd be great. I have only been on 3 woodies (Comet (Great Escape), Cyclone (SFNE), and Thunderbolt (SFNE)). The Comet is fun and fast, and especially cool in back. The Cyclone was weird, but I need to ride it again to really judge it. The Thunderbolt was really good for its size, but it was simply too small. I didn't ride Superman: Ride of Steel to rate Intamin yet, but I will hopefully have ridden it in about 6 months.

EDIT: Forgot to rate my only Schwarzkoph (sp?) coaster. It was the Nightmare. It doesn't loop, but it's one great ride. IT runs FAST, has great laterals, and throwns you all over and down steep drops. The only problem is the waiting area is also enclosed, making a huge, SMELLY line. I almost puke when I wait in line, so even though it's at my home theme park, I've only ridden 3 times (on separate days).

Post October 29th, 2004, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Come on peeps, John Wardley and B&M together are the best!!!!! Nemesis is pure genious.

Post October 29th, 2004, 5:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Come on peeps, John Wardley and B&M together are the best!!!!! Nemesis is pure genious.
I bet Intamin are wicked and i am yet to ride one, although one is coming to AT for 2005.
I dont think there is a worst coaster designer either! well there is the occasional one but noone is really that bad.

Post October 29th, 2004, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,843.00 Points
There's those Togo stand up racers in japan. Anybody here from japan, anyway?

Post October 29th, 2004, 5:58 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I have never ridden a Togo and dont plan on it, they dont sound or look real safe. I dont know they just look like they wouldnt be fun. I am skeptical about em.

Post October 29th, 2004, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

aboot the safe part, some one fell out of sky rider at PCW.

Post October 29th, 2004, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Those rides at Japan that are made by Togo are spectaculur according to Robb Alvey except fujiyama, and Alvey is a pretty good source for the quality of rides.

Post October 30th, 2004, 7:33 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

I have never ridden a Togo and dont plan on it, they dont sound or look real safe. I dont know they just look like they wouldnt be fun. I am skeptical about em.

How do you if Togo's are so bad if you have never ridden one? You never know, you may like Togo, but if you never ride one you will never know.
Like all roller coasters/thrill rides, they are safe as long as you follow the rules and don't act like a jackass while on the coaster/ride.
aboot the safe part, some one fell out of sky rider at PCW.

They guy fell out because he was fooling around a managed to slip through the restraints. So it isn't really the rides fault. ;)

Post October 31st, 2004, 8:09 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Gotenks06

I don't get why people hate Vekoma. I have only been on 2 boomerangs and 1 SLC, but they defnitely weren't enough for me to care at all, and they were really fun.

Vekoma has some quite good coaster. I don't understand also y people would hate it... The boomerang and slc are some populair coaster for people but for the coastersfans not really. Vekoma has build lots of different rides so i wouldn't hate him because only the boomerang and slc arn't so fun for us...

Post October 31st, 2004, 9:53 am

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

Post October 31st, 2004, 9:59 am

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

And Knott's wouldn't ruin Ghostrider to attract more people to Silver Bullet, it is a Cedar Fair park you know, not a Six Flags park

Post November 4th, 2004, 2:12 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
i really like vekoma.. their boomerangs are only rough because the upstop wheels do not touch the track, leaving about 1/16th of an inch to bang around with. if they were tightly locked on, i bet they'd be real smooth. also, vekoma did rockin' roller coaster.. which is an awesome ride! i still vote for togo being the worst.

Post November 4th, 2004, 4:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Vekomas aren't very rough, the only reason why they're considered as rough is because most of their rides have terrible transitions, that cause headbanging. They actually track pretty well.

Post November 4th, 2004, 8:01 pm

Hmm, I think you wanted to say something else there IF, lol. You say that they track well, but are rough because of transitions? Well, for tracks as twisted as theirs, the whole track is transitions.

The real reason for the roughness is part track design (The SLC's just arent mathematically that well done) but mostly in wheel assemblies. I remember seeing a shot of Elissa Alvey sticking her whole hand between the wheel and track when it was in the station...thats just WAY to much room. Theres that kind of room too on the inner side wheels, hence why they track WORSE than alot of wooden coasters.

Post November 4th, 2004, 8:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

why would they make the wheel have so much room? are they stupid?, thats so much room the train would fly of the track!

Post November 4th, 2004, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I meant transitions between elements (or even specific "parts" of elements), for example, I find Vekomas to be pretty smooth, except if they make a transition from a half cork into a half loop, theres usually a jerk, since the transitions are terrible. I havn't experienced much roughness in the track itself though, despite the wheel spacing. Arrows are the same way, except they seem to track even smoother.

Post November 5th, 2004, 11:23 am

I actually think the transitions arent as bad as ya think. Heres why i think its 90% wheels

Imagine, with all that wheel space, the train hits any sort of transition. We know that on the SLC's, they are fairly compact and do alot in a small area, hence small transitions. But when the train goes to take the transition, it wont track to the tube.

Your a wood fan, its best described as when a woodie start to hunt REALLY bad. Thats what the hang and bangs do. I cant vouch for other vekomas, I though the boomerang I rode was actually quite smooth. The hang and bang, that was another story.

Corkscrew at CP was smoother than the hang n bang.

Post November 5th, 2004, 3:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,694.00 Points
Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

Originally posted by Gotenks06

I don't get why people hate Vekoma. I have only been on 2 boomerangs and 1 SLC, but they defnitely weren't enough for me to care at all, and they were really fun.

Vekoma has some quite good coaster. I don't understand also y people would hate it... The boomerang and slc are some populair coaster for people but for the coastersfans not really. Vekoma has build lots of different rides so i wouldn't hate him because only the boomerang and slc arn't so fun for us...

Sorry, it must've been late when I typed that because I'm missing some letters in words and I'm missing some entire words. What I meant to say is I don't understand why people hate Vekoma since I really love their rides. The are fun and smooth enough not to hurt. One of the Boomerangs I went on was pretty smooth, while the other was pretty rough, but I really don't care if it's rough as long as my ears don't turn red or hurt (Steamin' Demon).

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions