Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Bush or Kerry

Bush or Kerry

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Bush or Kerry

Bush
31%
Kerry
44%
Both Suck!
24%
Both Are Good!
No votes

Total votes : 54

Post November 4th, 2004, 10:50 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Hmmm ... even as a Pastor I am going to STAY AWAY from where this thread has gone. Good luck with this one fellas!

Post November 4th, 2004, 11:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
actually, you are worng about the gay marraige thing (and i feel bad saying that b/c your on my side lol) but well... here's the situation. gays do not have these rights in the first place and last spring, several states realized that their constitutions DO NOT forbid gay marraige because it's not specific enough. this pissed off several other states, and now in this election, they basically just tok away any hope of gay marraige in 11 states. we did not have those rights before but what the election did was get rid of any hope of obtaining those rights in 11 states. so.. we are no further ahead in this battle for rights, but at the same time we are not going backward either. basically what happened is that these 11 states said "no, your not going any further." so, yeah, we werent allowed to marry before hand, and we're no better off now. i think an easy way of saying this is that we're in the same sopt, it just became harder to move ahead.

Post November 5th, 2004, 7:40 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Before coaster992001 said in response to my comments, I said that if gays wanted equal rights, they should be equal. You said that you thought I meant that you should change, thats not what I meant at all. What I meant and what you infact, also pointed out yourself, is that gays ARE different, there for do they not deserve a different set of rules? Yes, yes they do. 12 year olds aren't allowed to see a film rated 18, because they have a different mind set to 18 year olds, they're are different types of people so they have a different set of rules. Same thing should apply with gays and straights, different people, different rules. People who are different deserve a different set of rules, its obvious and every other walk of life this is true, like animals are treated different to humans, people of different age groups are treated differently to each other and so should gays be treated different to straights. Someone brought black people into the argument aswell, but I don't think the same thing applies there, because I don't believe that black people are different to white people, only they look different, whereas gays have something completely wrong with them in the head.

Post November 5th, 2004, 9:33 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
My opinion on gay people. I think it's okey that they get married. I don't care if they are married ir not. But they must not get the right to adopt children.

Post November 5th, 2004, 3:10 pm

well, gouldy.. yopu are right there, however: there is nothing wrong with us in the head because homosexuality does NOT prevent or disable us from doing anything... so there isnt a problem with anything, and so there is nothing wrong. also, your thing about different rules:

i agree that different age groups should have different rules because of the developmental stages, but homosexuals have the same amount of development and same capabilities as straight people so i do not see why the law should limit us. would you like it if the law said you cant live a happy life with who you want? i think that because there is NO genetic difference, no physical difference, and no handicap, that gays should be treated as equals.

and as for the thing about same sex parents (adoption)
because there has been absolutally no proof of any harm being done to a child developmentally, i think it's ok BUT i think that because it's a reletively new phenomena, it should be resarched more. i think that a child MIGHT need some form of influence from both sexes to be raised properly, but i just dont know. i'm iffy on the subject but certainly not against it. besides, what's the worst that coul happen? the kid grows up to be gay? lol[:O]

and because this topic got way off topic, please post gay replys here:http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6483

and now back to arguing about bush [:D]

Post November 5th, 2004, 3:52 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

If they re-wrote the US constitution to match with today's events, it would say "All men are created equal, but some are created more equal than others." Sound familiar, George Orwell readers? I don't think our founding fathers would be very happy if they saw what America has turned into. We need some serious reform, and our government is just making it worse.

Post November 5th, 2004, 4:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

Originally posted by cjd

If they re-wrote the US constitution to match with today's events, it would say "All men are created equal, but some are created more equal than others." Sound familiar, George Orwell readers? I don't think our founding fathers would be very happy if they saw what America has turned into. We need some serious reform, and our government is just making it worse.

from what my Ap US history teacher and my AP Lit teacher said that the founding fathers really meant "All white men are created equal"
(not to start any type of controversy)
America is controlled by white protistant men, we all have to accept it and deal with it.

Post November 5th, 2004, 10:10 pm

yeah, i'm pretty sure of that too... we are talking about people who were brought up with slavery and who's women had virtually no rights. it's hard to think they could think any differently.

Post November 6th, 2004, 2:17 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

it makes me wonder, if the south had won the civil war, what would life be like now?

Post November 6th, 2004, 10:52 am

Originally posted by thecool326

it makes me wonder, if the south had won the civil war, what would life be like now?

Living in the South for 14 years now I can safely say had they won the war .... there would be a WHOLE lot more biscuits and gravy at the breakfast table! Not to mention fried chicken (and not that greasy crap from KFC/Church's) ... but REAL fried chicken!!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Post November 6th, 2004, 12:40 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
KFC IS GOOD![:(!][pdie][oilwar][:p][:p]

anyway, if the south won, it'd be really different. I have alot of colored friends, and with all the south's beliefes, it would be very different

Post November 6th, 2004, 12:59 pm

Post November 6th, 2004, 1:52 pm

pacoasterrider ... just stop, ok? These pictures were taken back in the summer and have been overplayed. Geesh man, our boy won ... let it go. LOL

Post November 6th, 2004, 3:35 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Would a presidential candidate's skill level at playing sports seriously influence, or even be a deciding factor, of who you would vote for? That's foolish.

Post November 6th, 2004, 3:47 pm

that's rediculous! a president's sports ability has absolutally nothing to do with politics lol. it's also sexist. the phrase "catches like a girl" is used in a very derogatory manner, making it seem that women are less able to play sports when i'm sure there's just as many good female athletes as men. but that's besides the point.. it's completely stupid to begin with.

Post November 6th, 2004, 3:59 pm

it's just funny, i've seen it 1,000,000 times, and still love it. I didn't vote (well i cant vote) for kerry because of his issues, it still shows your afraid of pain if you catch like that, football's sting, but not that much, and i say that because i hate kerry. Go to www.bocm.us and go down to the funny page, they have alot of good stuff

Post November 6th, 2004, 4:04 pm

being afaraid of pain is more respectable than causing it.

Post November 6th, 2004, 4:12 pm

Bush hasn't caused any pain, he just freed 25 million people from a horriable dictatorship, and working on ending terrorism for the world (Spain understands the pain we have from 9/11), and i don't know anyone who died on 9/11, but it still hurts

Post November 6th, 2004, 4:30 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

He murdered thousands of innocent people, who lived in a country with no weapons of mass destruction, had never attacked America, never even threatened to attack America, and never murdered a single American citizen. The sickest part is that the war on Iraq was just a distraction to take everyone's attention off of Osama Bin Laden so that Bush could get away with his 260 billion dollars of profits from Saudi investors. Oh, well. The cheating, lying, money-hungy tyrant won the election, and we are the ones who will grow up having to suffer with his descisions.

Vote HILLARY CLINTON 2008!

(let's see someone say that she catches like a girl... [;)])

Post November 6th, 2004, 4:45 pm

hillary '08, lol. We had a whole convorstation on how screwed up that'd make the democrats. Women wan't a men in charge for security (you always see the girl clinging onto the guy), so not alot of women voters would vote for her. Then alot of guys (including myself) could trust a girl incharge. I AM NOT TRYING TO BE SEXIST!, it's just how it is. A women VP would be great for the country, just not at the head

Post November 6th, 2004, 9:11 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by cjd

He murdered thousands of innocent people, who lived in a country with no weapons of mass destruction, had never attacked America, never even threatened to attack America, and never murdered a single American citizen. The sickest part is that the war on Iraq was just a distraction to take everyone's attention off of Osama Bin Laden so that Bush could get away with his 260 billion dollars of profits from Saudi investors. Oh, well. The cheating, lying, money-hungy tyrant won the election, and we are the ones who will grow up having to suffer with his descisions.

Vote HILLARY CLINTON 2008!

(let's see someone say that she catches like a girl... [;)])

[:D] Where did you get that totally blown out of porportioned statistic from? What proof do you have? Yes, apparently there was no WMD's, but Sadam was planning to make some (Fox News) and what about the UN blood money going toward's paying for terrorist and crap? Explain that? he was still harboring terrists, in a way, and after 9/11 happened, I remember Bush saying he will get rid of anybody harboring terrorism, or funding, he didn't lie now did he?

THis is what we're fighting, Terrorism, not just Ben Ladin, not Just Al-Quida, but Terrorism as a whole, terrorism in our home town, terrorism in other countries, terrorism in the whole world. WE are doing just as much here against terrorism as we are in Iraq. We have anti-terrorist units of the police force now, long lines at our air-ports to scan for any potential danger, ect. This is a GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORSIM Not just a war in Iraq to kill innocent people.
Personally, I don't see Kerry being the right man for the job, he may be a good man, but Precidency wasn't the right job for him. Personally, I think Bush was the better man. Most of you people just wanted Bush out of office, and didn't look at what conscequeces would come with Kerry. Do you peole realise that Kerry would have appointed Micheal Moore as Secretary of Defense? My brother heard about this from his government class, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't lying, but the thought of Micheal Moore being Secretary of Defense really scares the crap out of me. If that was actually the case, I would have built a bomb shelter, and gotten 4 years supplies of food. Anyways, Bush, overall was the much better leader, deny it, or accept it, but be happy you live in America where you can have w/e thoughts you have. And when you go to sleep tonight, pray to God and thank him for the first Amendmant. And ask him to keep the soldiers who are fighting for your rights safe, whether you believe they are, or not.

Post November 6th, 2004, 9:13 pm

i smell a republican!!! lol

i think we need a black transexual lesbian for president. i'm sick of all these heterosexual white men. and by god the last thing we need in office is a republican. i thought that after regan and the first bush we'd be smart enough to not elect another republican..... but i guess not! besides, bush's war in iraq has nothing to do with anything. it's just like if we decided to attack switzerland for the hell of it. hehe, brainwashing comes in handy. if i were you, i wouldn't trust anything the bush administration tells you. he lied about the weapons in iraq, what else has he lied about? i dont even want to imagine what he'll do to this country in the next four years. this seriously reminds me of pre-war germany. and it's scary because it's not like this country doesnt have a history of work camps (remember ww2?) all i can say is that this nut is in power and i'm scared. right about now, amsterdam looks really nice lol.

and he got the right statistic: 260 billion bucks of saudi money is currently invested in our economy (watch farenheight 9/11)

Post November 6th, 2004, 9:32 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ Ha ha ha, watch farenhight 9/11? Do you realize that not everything in that movie is true? That Micheal Moor made up some lies and throught that in to a movie and labeled it a "documentary?"
HE didn't lie, he went off the info he was told, he was told there were weapons in Iraq, and he went off of what he was told, and!!!! Most importantly, I hate how you people always rehash the truth! Holy freaking crap!!! DOn't you people ever watch fox news and not that far left wing crap put out by democrats!??? At least Fox is dead middle of the road, and tries to get all sides from the best they can. Meaning, he never lied! He was told that Iraq had weapons, he listened, and had faith in that. So he didn't lie, he was just wrong! That's the only thing Kerry got right, but still, that was just what he used to get into the war, I'm sure he had other reasons to go to war, but used that as the major excuse! I would have done the same in his shoes, and hit every body who tried to oppose me on the head with a frying pan and say, "SHove it, when your president, you can do what you think is the best way to protect our country, I'll do mine, biotch!"
P.S I wouldn't every trust a black transexual lesbian for president. But maybe a black lesbian, but not a transexual, cuz that just gives bad messages about who we are. Cuz isn't a transexual some one who dresses up like the opposite sex? And that's like saying, we american's don't like how we look, and crap, and then people get pissed off at us for being stuck up, and it doesn't look good, imo.
And final edit of this post...
Damn right I'm republican, and proud of it![approve]

Post November 6th, 2004, 9:46 pm

actually, a transexual is someone who feels that they are not the sex that they were assigned at birth. but other than that: yes michael moore probably twisted the truth a bit, but in all biased anythings the truth is twisted. however, your comments on fox news are completely false. they may be reliable now, BUT i don't trust them a bit because they were the only news station to say bush won..... and what do ya know, one of bush's relatives was the guy making the call! fox has set up a reputation for being unreliable, and they always swing towards the administration in office. i watch abc 6... but i dont think they're truly reliable either.

Post November 6th, 2004, 10:09 pm

Oh ... My ... God! Now we are talking about transexuals?

Geesh guys, you need to get out more. Man, I am willing to bet taking myself out of the equation the median age here is about 15. (Being 32 I would hose that average.) You guys need too widen your minds ... oh ... and I am Republican, and last time I looked no matter anyone said or did (including Dan Rather's blatant lying on national tv by forging documents) Bush still won.

Also, the video Osama released last week ... he admitted to planning the bombings and executing them, so we went after him -- learn your facts. Hussein was a convenient target and a threat to the global citizenship as a whole, so we went for 2 for 1.

As far as elected Hillary in 08 ... well ... the snipers will come out in droves. Not to mention I am certain if she is elected, there will still be a male in the White House (think about it ... LOL).

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion