Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster intamin giga coaster

intamin giga coaster

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post November 7th, 2004, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

how come on the giga/mega coaster trains, the wheel thingamabobs stick right up into the front of the train? does it do that in real life?

Post November 7th, 2004, 10:27 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I am pretty sure, but because most Intamin hypers dont usually pull quick transitions IRL, they are not commonly seen. Ole and his team know what they are doin so its probably realistic.

Post November 7th, 2004, 10:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
I just noticed that today, and I think it's realistic...I agree with Brtnboarder495 that the nl team wouldn't put in something fictional or un-realistic.

Post November 7th, 2004, 10:49 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

It depends on the coaster, some intamin's have trains with a higher front and the wheel assembly below that, but others, such as EGF, have trains like the ones in NL, so the NL dev team had to decide which to do and decided to make the Intamin trains with the wheel assembly axles able to "pop-up" out of the front.

Post November 8th, 2004, 1:24 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
There are 2 types of trains... EGF and MF.

Considering that the MF train fronts I believe are the only ones of their kind (I think maybe the SROS's may be similar, not sure) but I believe that majority of the trains have the lower front. I talked to Ride_Op about this and he posted elsewhere that he chose to go with the lower front because its used on more models.

And yes, you SHOULD be able to not get the axel to pop through. You can however, get the shock to stick through, thats ok. It does it on EGF, but, the axel doesnt hit. EGF is a pretty twisted ride too, way more than MF. So if on EGF they can use the low fronts, you can too.

Post November 8th, 2004, 1:54 am

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Yea, thanks for the backup there Real, I was hoping you'd give some more detail.

Post November 8th, 2004, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
But EGF trains don't have those headrests like MF does, right? They should've added them anyways because most of our intamins will need those. Or perhaps they should've made different versions of it, maybe one with OTSR's since alot of peeps love to make inversions on intamin rockets.

Post November 8th, 2004, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
The new trains are not able to perform tight inversions like the old ones. They will especially have problems wiht heratline twists.

Post November 8th, 2004, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
i think they should just have more variations or custom trains, that'd solve all of our problems

Post November 8th, 2004, 7:46 pm
Premium Member

Originally posted by x

The new trains are not able to perform tight inversions like the old ones. They will especially have problems wiht heratline twists.

Well if the track is going to pull tight turns the cars will be made to adjust. I dont think that any two intamin coaster trains (from two different coasters) are alike. They are all custom adjusted to the rides needs. I remember reading somewhere that the NL team created the new hyper trains around MF's trains rather than the EGF. Also considering EGF pulls tighter turns than MF and it was built after MF, your statement is somewhat incorret.

Post November 8th, 2004, 8:14 pm

No, they created them around EGF's, not MF's. MF's have a higher front and they chose the lower one.

EGF has a low front, check out some POV's. And if you dont call that track twisted, I dont know what is. The drop alone is one of the quickest transitions Ive seen by an Intamin, and it makes it.

Dont try to use the front end as an exscuse. Youll just need to control the banking and shape more. These are probably the most realistic trains in the game by far and react just like real life.

The headrests is a moot point. They arent really needed IMO, its just a safety thing that CP chose to use. I rather they werent there.

Post November 8th, 2004, 8:17 pm

Post November 8th, 2004, 9:33 pm
Premium Member

Are you positive Real? You are usually correct, but just want to be sure. I e-mailed the team to double check anyway.

Post November 8th, 2004, 10:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

thats cool, i was just wondering cause sometimes the wheel axel thing pops all the way up like a sore thumb and it looks really funny.

Post November 9th, 2004, 12:47 am

Actually I went back, I got confused.

He did end up using the MF version, which has more limited banking capabilities.

But heres where I think the MF ones are just as capable as the others...

MF's hood on the front is raised up about as high as any of the Intamin Hypers. Actually, its raised just about the highest and MF has some of the slowest (not speed, but time) transitions out of all of the Intamins. Which makes no sense in theory, but thats how it is.

Goliath @ SFH, EGF, SROS all of those are MUCH twistier, but, they have lower hoods which in theory should mean that they cant bank as hard as fast, but they do.

I know someone doing a recreation of EGF and hes told me that at first he thought it was flawed, then realized that he could recreate it and have the things pop through, but never cut the hood. Those holes are there to use, but you just cant pop the axel through the hood, thats definatly a bit extreme.

Id say to do your best and not punch out the hood. Restrictions will force you to be creative and work a way around a problem.

Post November 9th, 2004, 5:14 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Ah, darn it, one of my coasters taht I started before 1.5 was out now has the hood punched! I somehow never noticed this earlier either. I think these trains lack way too much articulation, look at what happens when it goes through a tight turn! Anyways, I'll do what you said- I'll try to straighten out the banking transitions (which are already abit tight, lol), and I'll have to make the turn less sharp.

Post November 9th, 2004, 5:44 pm

lol yeah Real is right after i looked at it (again)

Return to No Limits Coaster