Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster No Limits Simulation in Germany in stores!

No Limits Simulation in Germany in stores!

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I know this is irrelavent to most of us here, but finally Ole has updated the developer site and has noted that No Limits is now available in some retail stores in Germany! Although it's not in any other location that's a big jump for the No Limits team. It would be neat if it would be sold in retail stores in the states. Below is the link.

http://www.astragon.de/shop/index.html

You have to scroll down a bit, but it's on the bottom right corner. No Limits fairground is also now being sold too. The developer site link is below for those who don't know the URL.

http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/

Post June 22nd, 2005, 1:25 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Cool -- hopefully the mark-up is reasonable (but not excessive) and they can reap some deserved profit from all of their efforts.

Post June 22nd, 2005, 1:27 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post June 27th, 2005, 3:18 am

Points on hand: 1,535.00 Points
The box :D
Just a bit to flowerpowerish for me :D
And those people on the coaster, just look at them! :D
To be honest, I don't really like the box, bit weird.

Post June 27th, 2005, 3:27 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post June 27th, 2005, 10:48 am

Points on hand: 79.00 Points
I have bought it when i was for a weekend in Germany. [:)]

Post June 27th, 2005, 12:17 pm
Premium Member

I kno the box art does seem little cartoonish, I think it kinda misrepresents the product.

Post June 27th, 2005, 5:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,808.00 Points
Okay I have to say something here: Yes the "team" has done alot to make No Limits what it is but Ole is the only one reaping in the profits. The more No Limits sells the more Ole makes not the team!

R

Post June 27th, 2005, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

Post June 27th, 2005, 6:39 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

last I heard in the grapevine, Ride_Op who was with Ole when it launched is also getting in on it, although it could all be rumors [:)]

Post June 27th, 2005, 6:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

As said the box is a mis-representation of the game. The game is alot better than the box leads on and since the packaging is one of the main selling points of a product these days they really should of gone all out, steered away from the cartoon look. Also adding people to the seats honestly did no justice on such a cartoony picture

Post June 27th, 2005, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points
It's actually cheaper to buy in stores. 19.99EUR = $24.03, versus $29.95 to buy online.

Post June 29th, 2005, 1:26 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
How many of you judge a game by its cover art? Shoot, most games now dont even use real game footage for cover art.

I always look for the real screenshots...as I think most all people do.

Post June 29th, 2005, 3:26 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
the screenshots on the nl-site are crap, they should take our screenies!

Post June 29th, 2005, 9:12 am
Premium Member

True, Real but still it looks more like RCT3 than NL.

Post June 29th, 2005, 10:04 am

But what appeals to people most? What gets people to buy the game?

;) Gotta think of whats going to grab your audience, not always what represents the game best.

Post June 29th, 2005, 10:53 pm

Box art DOES make a difference. It is what grabs your attention when you are in a store. I think what people are saying here is that the Box art for NL looks cartoony and immature(ish) when NL is anything but.

On a side note if you look at the box art of the original RCT1 and then compare it to what you now see in RCT3 it's as if the actual game has now matched and/or exceeded the original RCT1 box art.

Post June 30th, 2005, 1:08 am

Exactly my point...with slightly cartoony art it will appeal to teens and young adults alike.

I always pick up those cartoony covers just to see whats under it - is it crap or is it some bargain?

I think if it had something that was as real as the game, it would sit on the shelves forever. Enthusiasts make up very little of the roller coaster loving population, so you cant target us. You have to target everyone else.

Post June 30th, 2005, 1:16 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

the screenshots on the back are going to drive people away. I also look at the specs when buying a game, and I feel how much it ways. If its heavier, then it means more thought and care went into the product, and I'll consider buying, if its not heavy, I usually consider it crap, and toss it aside.

Post June 30th, 2005, 1:26 am

Half Life 2 was a very light - no manual - just 5 CD's.

On the contrary, Ive bought games on that theory and been burned by thick obnoxious manuals that mean nothing.

The only game that had a manual worth reading was Homeworld, THAT is how you do a manual. It won a few awards too if I recall correctly. (I need to find that game and install it)

Several other great games arent heavy at all, especially since the last few years now they all use that small packaging.

As for NL, I dont think the screenshots will always drive people away. Some will realize that hey, this is probably really hard. Others will see it and go "woah! Something thats NOT RCT!" and scoop it up and go home. Its not going to sell like hot cakes and nothing CAN make it sell huge numbers - the sims target audience isnt that large.

The audience however that follows is very, very dedicated and thats what keeps it afloat.

Post June 30th, 2005, 4:59 am

Points on hand: 2,861.00 Points
Homeworld did have a nice manual, That was one of the games that really was worth every penny I paid for it. Halflife, Motocross Madness, Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 and NoLimits were a few others (like that neat little segue back on topic?)

Maybe we do not like the packaging, but, and I am no marketing expert, I think something a little cartoonish would be more appealing to the RCT crowd. Let's face it, other than both have coasters in them, there is little if any similarities between the two. I think it widens the appeal of it, even though a majority of the people here would not like it. Fanatics like us are going to buy it anyway.

Post June 30th, 2005, 10:02 pm
Premium Member

Yea if anything, the RCT series and No Limits are pretty much polar opposites with very different goals. And yea, NL is priced way to low and it's value to me is at least $50.

Post June 30th, 2005, 10:46 pm

I'm pretty sure NL 2.0 won't be 25.00 dollars...especially if Ole decides to deliver on CD instead of download.

Post July 1st, 2005, 12:53 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

Yea if anything, the RCT series and No Limits are pretty much polar opposites with very different goals. And yea, NL is priced way to low and it's value to me is at least $50.

nope $30 is good. (What are you trying to do? Make the price go up?[lol])

Return to No Limits Coaster