Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Another Smoothing Technique

Another Smoothing Technique

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post November 13th, 2004, 7:21 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Im always tryng to find out all the possible ways to get the best smooth coaster. So i think i did it at last! When you make a coaster and there is a bump, split the sections up either side of it. Then i slight adjust ment to that vertcice and hopefully it will be smooth. Ill make some screenshots up for you if you dont understand.

Smoother Coaster Hopefuly

Any reply will be appreciated
Last edited by Matt on November 13th, 2004, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 13th, 2004, 8:06 am

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

Post November 13th, 2004, 11:37 am

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points

Post November 13th, 2004, 11:56 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post November 13th, 2004, 2:28 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

You just have to keep in mind with more track sections its alot easier to goof up

Post November 13th, 2004, 2:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Actually i have to disagree with you there! With more track segments you can focus on the bumpy bit. With less segments you move the whole track segment but with more segments you dont affect as much of the shape as before. And try this method because it does actually work.

Post November 13th, 2004, 8:13 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
the bad thing is you can get still an unsmooth track if you enter the wrong banking after splitting segments...

Post November 14th, 2004, 5:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Did that first vertex have one handle that was much larger than the other?

If so, thats a common problem known as Conroll Jerk, or, even just on straights, the long and short handle lengths make for some tricky shaping. When you have a vertex with one long handle and one short one, I always split the segment on the longer handle side to make it shorter. But, that then can cause problems for the vertex that was before or after the long handle, which could then become just like the one you fixed, uneven.

You certainly dont need to have equal segment lenghts to build a coaster, but, with the way the banking works, the best way to get smooth coasters is by using a medium-high vertex resolution (meaning, the amount of verticies used) and using C2\Equal Handles.

Return to No Limits Coaster