Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Any Recreations

Any Recreations

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post November 18th, 2004, 11:46 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Hey everyone,
simple question really, are there any recreations that you would really like to see on this site? After my Voodoo coaster, I want to make something else but nothing seems to be coming to me at the moment so, im asking for your help. Post your suggestions and I'll see what I can do!

Post November 18th, 2004, 2:59 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points

Post November 18th, 2004, 4:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points

Post November 19th, 2004, 5:02 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i think a good acurrate recreation of storm runner would be cool[:)]

Post November 19th, 2004, 7:43 am

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

i think a good acurrate recreation of storm runner would be cool[:)]

yeah an accurate one. Every one i've seen has to small radius on the barrel roll, the cobra loop is wrong, and the ending turns are off. I think it'd be great to do a accurate rec of SR

Post November 19th, 2004, 11:28 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Im working on this...which will take me a while since its not known very widely and no overhead layouts are known. Using a combination of onride and those photos I think I have the layout nailed.

Mexican Medusa

Post November 19th, 2004, 11:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Wow Real, you just made my day. I have seen pics of that coaster and it looks amazing IMO, better than the Boss even, dare I say. And the fact that youre recreating it ensures an awesome, top 1 NL ride ever. (In other words the best NL ride ever) Good luck with the rec., teke your time as always, and then in 2008 or so when you have completed I will discover why I am alive. OK, enough with the drama, good luck Real, I assume this means you have rediscovered your love for the NL editor, as you had been saying you were taking a break from it due to lack of interest.

Post November 19th, 2004, 11:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Real, I have seen that coaster on RCDB before when scouring for wood pics ... man, what an intricate design this ought to be! Good luck!!!

Post November 20th, 2004, 12:48 am

Actually Im still in a very blah stage, but I have started to lay it out and itll be some time before I determine the "accurate" layout. What I have on paper has a few flaws that can only be sorted out in 3d so I can compare to the pictures, the angles and so forth.

Im not a math major so I dont know all about triangulation and such to figure angles yet. But Ill eye it up and make sure things look right, and most of all, I feel I know how CCI designed, especially a ride like this.

There wont be much to it other than track, trees and a station with as much terrain as I can gather from the construction photos. So itll be a track + supports only track I think. When will it be done? lol, before 2008 but I havent a clue.

Post November 20th, 2004, 2:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

I would like to see a rec of Tennessee Tornado, Phantoms Revenge, Son of Beast, Boulder Dash, and any other terrain steel or woodie!

Post November 21st, 2004, 2:51 am

Ill be riding Tennessee Tornado and Thunderhead next week :D (If all goes as planned) Im looking forward to it quite a bit.

Post November 21st, 2004, 4:33 pm

Biggs???

if you do storm runner i'll help out on the track stuff, because Storm Runner changes from 4 to 3 to 4 to 2 rail alot. And i idolise Storm Runner and know all about it. Thrill Nerds has the best storm runner vid BTW. What im saying is....DO STORM RUNNER!

Post November 21st, 2004, 7:58 pm

ACN's video of SR comes with an onride (Though not that great, but one of the few (if only) on the net) and the editing + music is much better. I found the ones at TNerd to be blurry (not from compression, wrong use of focus) and such, but it was fun to watch.

SR is a great ride, the hardest part of that ride is everything. The landscape adds to the ride, the monorail, and the track itself is devilishly hard.

Post November 22nd, 2004, 11:49 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Well, it is what Real says really, the track is so difficult, I mean I started the top hat, and it took me about 3-4 hours to get it looking half good and with the G's right, I think it maybe a little too advanced for me, but I'll keep working on it and see what happens.

Post November 22nd, 2004, 7:32 pm

im surprised they would allow you to take a video camera. They let you take NOTHING on the ride, and people are strongly told to keep there hands down (they can't do crap to you when your out at the launchpad [;)]). Anyway, i have the best onride shot of achually riding it. If you do take the challenge, i'll gladly help. Anyway pacoasterrider@hotmail.com if you need any testing on the ride. PS, make sure you start the top hat about 30ft off the ground, the ride is 150' up but 175-180' down (175 listed on RCDB, 180 listed on opening ceremony)

Post November 22nd, 2004, 10:10 pm

He got permission before hand, but I think thats why they limited him to a pen camera and the second row seat. Why? Not sure, but its not that great an onride, but the rest of the shots are beautiful.

I know someone else who takes premium onrides who got one, its just a matter of him actually getting the videos done and I havent seen him online in awhile.

Post November 22nd, 2004, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

You talking about Cactus22 Real? That onride is not too good, I agree, but it isnt bad either, and its the only one so not bad. Biigs, good luck with this, hopefully it isnt too frustrating.

Post November 22nd, 2004, 10:24 pm

Real, could you recreate tennessee tornado? your so good at coasters and it would definetley look good.

Post November 22nd, 2004, 10:57 pm

Well see. Ill hopefully be taking lots of pictures and possibly video of Tennessee Tornado and Thunderhead. Since thats all there is to do there, it shouldnt be a big problem.

But recreating it could be, but well see. Its a WEIRD coaster.
http://www.coasterjoe.com/pov/tt/tt.htm

The loops bank left and right in them, so strange.

Post November 22nd, 2004, 11:20 pm

Sorry for double post...but this needs its own post

Well, this shouldnt be discouraging to anyone working on SR since I have a very bad habit of not finishing rides anyways...

http://nldc.interfix.net/p122

But I believe what I have from launch-end of snakedive is accurate, but after that remains to be accuratly redesigned. But, I have no release date on this and the last time I worked on it was months back, and right now Im in a kind of NL rut. So, feel free to improve upon whats already out there. IE dont give up your projects! You learn valuable things about trying recreations, thats for sure.

Post November 23rd, 2004, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points

Post November 25th, 2004, 2:15 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ who doesn't have a bad habbit of finishing off good rides? Almost all the good tracks never get finished, look at IF's Arrow Head. He quit because the supports got boring, but he may still be doing it, I'm not 100% sure. I was working on a silver bullet rec, I got bored, I just want to practice my wing-over's but everything else in between is to hard to make perfect. I hate pumping. It's so annoying, who ever though of marking down for that should be shot.

http://nldc.interfix.net/i373

is that thing suppose to have air time in the middle part right there? If so, Intamin is freaking smart!

Post November 25th, 2004, 11:37 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

Im working on this...which will take me a while since its not known very widely and no overhead layouts are known. Using a combination of onride and those photos I think I have the layout nailed.

Mexican Medusa

wow, that will be hard! good luck!

I thought you were making a 'shivering timbers' ? PLEASE finish that, or start it.

-tiepilot35

Post November 25th, 2004, 2:24 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

the hard part about ST is that there's not enough room to make it. IF has made a ride like it, except for a couple less hills, but it's basically the same exact thing. I told him he should just flop on the prefabbed wood magic and release him. But he insists on making custom supports that he gets bored with and never finishes. Meh, go figure.

Post November 28th, 2004, 4:51 pm

Next

Return to No Limits Coaster