Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion The other RC of my life

The other RC of my life

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 6th, 2005, 9:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,829.00 Points

My other major hobby right now is R/C or radio controlled vehicles. And I'm not talking Wal-Mart or Radioshack toys. I'm talking about real R/C cars, expensive, fast, and fun, both electric and fuel cars. One of my vehicles, a highly modified Traxxas Rustler, is tons of fun to play around with. I have invested hundreds of dollars into it. I would say it goes at least 30mph, but I haven't had the chance to GPS it for speed. My other vehicle is a two-stroke engine-powered on-road car called the Ofna LD3, which hits around 55mph (I have an aftermarket engine). I compete with it at the local racetrack. Here is my R/C gallery (which needs an update BTW).

Anybody else into these things? They are really fun but will eat through your wallet. Ask me questions if you like or post them in this forum.

Post July 6th, 2005, 9:54 pm
rob User avatar

Points on hand: 3,083.00 Points
Sounds interesting...my friend has one he spent about 400 dollars on and it goes about 60 mph

Post July 6th, 2005, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 5,694.00 Points
For only a few thousand dollars more and some skills, you can build a roller coaster in your backyard. I choose the roller coaster. :)

Post July 7th, 2005, 12:26 am

Points on hand: 3,649.00 Points

Originally posted by Gotenks06

For only a few thousand dollars more and some skills, you can build a roller coaster in your backyard. I choose the roller coaster. :)
Sounds like a good idea, I wanna see another Blue Flash, damnit!

Post July 7th, 2005, 12:54 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
yeah, I do RC planes, weve spent over 2000$ on our 3 planes we have now, 2 are kits were still workin on. Its a great hobby.

Post July 7th, 2005, 9:23 am

I'm working on the planes, but it's gonna be one or two years before then because I need a couple more vehicles and a boat before I start planes. :D

Post July 7th, 2005, 9:31 am

Points on hand: 1,480.00 Points

Originally posted by rob

Sounds interesting...my friend has one he spent about 400 dollars on and it goes about 60 mph
i love rc cars i have alot of them

Post July 7th, 2005, 10:32 am

Are you on any forums? URC is my beating ground (link in first post).

Post July 7th, 2005, 10:53 am
rob User avatar

Points on hand: 3,083.00 Points
there was an aritcle in the Raleigh paper not to long ago about two people that have built coasters in their backyards. One was a steel coaster with one loop and the other was a out and back woodie. They have also talked about the backyard coasters on a TV show called Ripley's Believe it Or Not.

Post July 7th, 2005, 12:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,649.00 Points

Originally posted by rob

there was an aritcle in the Raleigh paper not to long ago about two people that have built coasters in their backyards. One was a steel coaster with one loop and the other was a out and back woodie. They have also talked about the backyard coasters on a TV show called Ripley's Believe it Or Not.
Yeah, thats Blue Flash(the steel one)maybe I should try making backyard roller coasters myself...or not...probably not it would take to much patience and I don't have that.

Return to Off Topic Discussion