Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Super Bowl prediction

Super Bowl prediction

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Super Bowl prediction

Philadelphia Eagles
21%
Pittsburg Steelers
50%
New England Patriots
No votes
Atlanta Falcons
No votes
New York Jets
7%
Indinapolis Colts
7%
Baltimore Ravens
No votes
Jackonsville Jaguars
No votes
San Deigo Chargers
No votes
Green Bay Packers
No votes
Minnesoda Vikings
7%
Seattle Seahawks
7%

Total votes : 14

Post December 4th, 2004, 4:44 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
simple; who's gonna win the super bowl

My vote; teh Philladelphia Eagles[:D]. There my favorite team and this year they are the team. The AFC will be decided on whoever get's home field advantage, if the steelers do the they'll make it (Tconwell is happy). If the Pats get home, then the Pats will make the bowl (Tconwell sad). But no matter who, EAgles will beat them (Tconwell sad)[:p]

Post December 4th, 2004, 5:40 pm

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

pittsburg steelers will win because the rookie qb is on fire, thats all i gonna say

Post December 4th, 2004, 5:43 pm

Originally posted by RCTfansMal818

pittsburg steelers will win because the rookie qb is on fire, thats all i gonna say

Rothersburger is good, but you have to realise he doesn't throw a whole lot. Also im sure inexperience will catch up to him, they just barley beat Cincinatti and Washington, both like 15-7, and rothersburger hasn't been as impressive.

Post December 4th, 2004, 5:46 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i wouldn't know who would win. I don't know the teams so. Is there a vote: i dunno?

Post December 4th, 2004, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
I think the Eagles will win, also, based on their earlier play this season, but if they keep struggling and barely winning games, they definitely won't be able to get to the Super Bowl...And if the Colts defense plays as well as it has in the last few games, they are just unstoppable, IMO...The offense can easily put up 35 points on any team in football...

Post December 4th, 2004, 6:04 pm

the Eagles still have been winning 30-6, just not impressive in the start

Post December 4th, 2004, 7:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post December 4th, 2004, 7:52 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

lol @ The Edge...

i voted for Pittsburgh. They have just about everything. A great defense, one of the best running backs in NFL history, and a solid passing game. Based on thier performance in previous weeks, I say that they roll through the playoffs.

Post December 4th, 2004, 8:41 pm

Originally posted by cjd

lol @ The Edge...

i voted for Pittsburgh. They have just about everything. A great defense, one of the best running backs in NFL history, and a solid passing game. Based on thier performance in previous weeks, I say that they roll through the playoffs.

one of the best RB's, that can't be duce is it? He was our 3rd string RB lol. Im not saying that pit isn't bad, there very good (they beat us), but they are just slipping past Cincinatti and Washington, and this week @ jackonsville. Gonna be tough for them to get home field advantage. And lol edge GO RED SOX!

Post December 4th, 2004, 9:25 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Post December 4th, 2004, 9:33 pm

yeah the bus is good, but he still is not one of the greatest in my mind, but i hate the Steelers so. He's a unique runner because of his size.

Post December 4th, 2004, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Paco, as far as the last two games of the Steelers if it isn't obvious what is going on let me point it out to you. (Pay attention, there will be a test.)

The Steelers have basically used the last two as scrimmages. It has been a "just do enough to get the win, but let's try some different things" attitude/mentality. The last time Cowher went to the SB (against Dallas which OMG O'Donnell should have been on the end of a rope at the close of that) ... Cowher pulled out all the stops, to include an onside kick to start that 3rd Qtr which got them the ball back.

Education time: It's spelled Roethlisberger. You might want to get it right now cause when he gets the MVP it will be all over the place and I would hate for you to embarrass yourself by asking "Who is that??". [lol]

Also, a little 10-1 record is hard to argue with boys ... especially after the Kordell years which pretty much neutured me as far as my feelings towards the Iron City team. He is for real, period.

Note: I have been a fan since 1975, and my Dad since the 60's (he is from Pittsburgh and lived there for 18 years). We both agree, WE have not seen a QB work like this since the very early years of Terry Bradshaw (#12), and four SB rings later we all know how he turned out.

As far as home field advantage, that is just about settled. Once the Steelers take care of Jacksonville we are pretty much in the home stretch (Jets, Giants, Ravens and Bills). The Pats, on the other hand, have both the Dolphins (they are about due) and 49ers (another one that could shock folks) still ... and if the Pats decide to show up weak one day (as they have done before) their chances are shot.

The AFC game should be the Pats and Steelers, which will be spectacular. Should by some odd chance the Pats blow it then the Steelers are in the SB (IMO) cause no one is gonna come on game day to knock them off. They are just too hot.

This brings me to the line up for the SB. Eagles, maybe. Atlanta, possible. Green Bay, odd - but it could happen. Either way, the Steelers for the AFC, again, shutting down the AFC with domination. And oh yeah, thanks for trading us Duece, obviously he needed an offensive line who could block and a QB who thought about the team and not about himself and could actually hand the ball of successfully.

Post December 4th, 2004, 9:57 pm

lol a phrase in my area is "A True Steelers fan can spell his name right" I know who he is, he kicked our asses, [lol] i think he's a great player in all. Definatly Rookie of the year, but MVP would be hard to earn agganst Peyton and TO, especally for a rookie. Im just not sure if he can handle the pressure agganst a good team at a visiting stadium, tomorrow night will be one BIG TEST for the rook. If he has a good game (i wont be able to see it cause i'll be at the eagles game [:D]) then i'll be very impressed with him. Dont expect the Pats to win agganst the 49ers and Phins, I expected them to lose to the cheifs that monday night game, but they didn't.

Post December 4th, 2004, 10:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Seahawks over San Diego, what can I say, I like the Seahawks. And as far as Pitt is concerned, they're just finishing the last half uncharacteristically well, expect a blowout when they face San Diego, Brees will single-handedly defeat them.(With Gates' assistance of course.)

Post December 5th, 2004, 11:18 pm

Seahawks??? All i know is eagles dominated the packers and shut down Farve completly. If the eagles play every game like that they will be unstoppable. Still waiting for the Steelers game to end, this is a good test for them

Post December 5th, 2004, 11:31 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

This is the most physical game I have seen the Steelers play to date ... and I am glad to see them holding up ... so far.

Post December 6th, 2004, 12:09 am

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

"Let's go Browns, let's go.. woof woof!" I know it's a long shot, but the Browns are gonna win it all!!!! [lol]

Ok.. maybe not.. I'm a die hard fan and have a few teams I support every year, and the one team I would like to see back in the super bowl are the Colts, so yea that's my vote... As long as the Pitts-puke Sqealers and the Rat-birds don't make it to the Super Bowl, I'll be a very happy man.. The Eagles, IMO, has the best shot of winning it all, but I hope not.

Post December 7th, 2004, 9:12 pm

Yeah Steelers almost blew that game, and it took that drive to win it. The colts won't be in a super bowl because Peyton always chokes. Yes i know the next thing im gonna hear is "McNabb chockes to". Well, if you remember he only really threw one INT last championship game, and the other two were due to the inexpierence of the WR's. And now we have er..um... Terrell Owens..the inexpierence at WR is all over, and as long as Westbrook stays healthy, this is the year, for real this time, i was just joking last year.

Post December 7th, 2004, 10:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Yea, McNabb still chokes, lol. And I now proclaim my guess of the Seahawks to be indubatebly correct, if they can lose to Dallas, then they can beat anybody.[confused]

Post December 8th, 2004, 4:31 pm

Originally posted by e-man

I now proclaim my guess of the Seahawks to be indubatebly correct, if they can lose to Dallas, then they can beat anybody.[confused]

yeah seahawks aren't going anywere lol

Return to Off Topic Discussion