Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Super Bowl prediction

Super Bowl prediction

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Super Bowl prediction

Eagles
22%
Falcons
No votes
Packers
No votes
Rams
No votes
Vikings
4%
Seahawks
9%
Steelers
39%
Patriots
9%
Colts
13%
Broncos
No votes
Chargers
No votes
Jets
4%

Total votes : 23

Post January 6th, 2005, 7:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
simple who's going to win the super bowl

the Bowl---Eagles vs. Steelers

winner...EAGLES!!!

Post January 7th, 2005, 1:40 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Definitely the Steelers. They are still undefeated with Roethlisberger at the helm, and I vote that it stays that way.

Post January 7th, 2005, 9:13 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Steelers, period. I have been a fan since 1976 ... there is no other, period.

The ring is ours, and victory shall be mine when Cowher FINALLY hoists that trophy over his head and then hunts down and kills O'Donnell for his two interceptions in 94, thrown to the same person, that effectively gave the game away to the Cowboys.

Post January 7th, 2005, 3:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
I want the Pats to win it, but I think the Steelers will.

Post January 7th, 2005, 11:13 pm

Rothersberger is just another QB to me. He was born in a amazing offense with a great running game. The steelers have good WR's to. If you check rothersberger throws only 15 passes a game. And with the steelers WR's, most of them should be completed. Rothersberger is a improvement from Maddox, but not a great QB in my mind. The Steelers aren't undefeated with Big Ben just because of him, but because of the whole offense and the defense stepping it up. I still haven't seen Ben play in a playoff game, so that's my only doubts. But anyway still the Birds.

My Predictions for Wild Card Weekend
Colts over Broncos
Jets over Chargers

Packers over Vikings
Rams over Seahawks

Post January 8th, 2005, 9:58 am

Originally posted by pacoasterrider

Rothersberger is just another QB to me. He was born in a amazing offense with a great running game. The steelers have good WR's to. If you check rothersberger throws only 15 passes a game. And with the steelers WR's, most of them should be completed. Rothersberger is a improvement from Maddox, but not a great QB in my mind. The Steelers aren't undefeated with Big Ben just because of him, but because of the whole offense and the defense stepping it up. I still haven't seen Ben play in a playoff game, so that's my only doubts.

Leading the offense through 14 wins in a row, yeah, you're right ... he is pretty much a poor excuse of a QB that only wins games because of a good team. [V]

Listen man, I respect your opinion and all, but you are off your rocker on this one. I have been a Steeler fan since 76, and have been through it ALL and seen it ALL, to include the Brister / O'Donnell / Stewart eras. However, comparing him to someone else's rookie year, he looks VERY familiar to me, and we all know how he turned out ....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... adTe00.htm

Post January 8th, 2005, 2:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
What? Bradshaw was much WORSE, TC. Is that the point you were trying to make? He had 4 times as many picks as Roethlisberger. But I still don't think Roethlisberger is in the top 5 QBs in the playoffs...(Manning, Brady, Brees, Culpepper, and McNabb are all better, IMO). Roethlisberger is probably right outside that top 5 with Favre. Vick is not much of a passer, but he is the most athletic of them all. My pick is the Colts. The Patriots have a bunch of injured players on defense, especially in the secondary, and I think that will really help Manning. If the Colts beat the Broncos, I think they'll be able to put up 35 on the Patriots, and get to face the Steelers. I'm really not convinced they'll be able to beat the Steelers, but I still don't know if the Steelers defense can stop Manning from getting the Colts 4 TDs, and I'm still not sold on the Steelers offense, despite their great rushing game, which matches up well against the Colts poor run defense. But I still think that unless the Steelers can really do something to pressure Manning's timing, the Colts explosive offense will be able to outscore the more rush-oriented offense of the Steelers if they meet.

Post January 8th, 2005, 3:29 pm

Hmmm ... talk to me in three weeks about who plays who ... I left my crystal ball in my other suit. (huge eye roll) All I was doing was defending Ben, McFly, not making more predictions about the unknown (again, refer to my crystal ball comment).
Originally posted by McFly

What? Bradshaw was much WORSE, TC. Is that the point you were trying to make? He had 4 times as many picks as Roethlisberger.
Thank you for making my point that in Roethlisberger's rookie year, he has done far better than Bradshaw did, and Bradshaw has four rings on his fingers.

Post January 8th, 2005, 3:33 pm

Yeah, I know, I was just saying that it seemed like you were saying Roethlisberger's first year stats were comparable to Bradshaw's, when actually, Bradshaw's stats were quite bad, and Roethlisberger's are quite good, lol....but my predictions for this weekend will go.....

Chargers over Jets
Colts over Broncos
Packers over Vikings
Rams over Seahawks

Post January 8th, 2005, 7:18 pm

I can agree ... UNLESS Denver gets lucky and Indy comes out flat (we've seen it before). Everything else ought to hold true to form.

Post January 8th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Yeah...Denver could surprise me...but Plummer is just so inconsistent, and Indy has only improved since last year's blowout against Denver...Though the Pats are good enough to beat anybody, and they would be favored over the Colts. It's a tough road for the Colts, and it's a good thing the Steelers will be able to play EITHER the Colts or the Patriots, and not both(making finishing first in the AFC very important this year)...

Post January 8th, 2005, 9:48 pm

Yeah, his inconsistency is what may do it for them ... would be good to see Indy go bye-bye (from a Steeler POV) cause then it only means NE stands in their way ...

Post January 9th, 2005, 2:17 am

Chargers over Jets
Rams over Seahawks

Looks like I was 1 for 2 today [V]

Can't believe the Jets stifled the potent Chargers offense...

Post January 9th, 2005, 2:37 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
A good first season doesnt mean a great career. And you cant ignore the fact that he was born into a GREAT offense, the #1 defense in the league not to mention the offense being balanced like crazy.

If you stuck him with a team with a crappy OL thats a pure pass or pure run, he wouldnt be half as good. Now yes, hes blessed to have gotten that role at this time, but reguardless, you cant judge his true character till his team isnt so great and hes got more than a few years under his belt.

Right now IMO hes enjoying the spoils of a balanced, potent offense, #1 defense and good WR's.

Personally Id like to see the Colts. Manning is too awesome, love that guy. Have ever since he played at UT.

Post January 10th, 2005, 9:14 pm

Packers over Vikings

oops again...

Oh well, 2/4 [xx(]

And I also am a big fan of Peyton Manning. He just seems like a really good guy, and it's really great to see someone who doesn't care about personal records and such....plus, his playcalling abilities are a lot of what makes the Colts offense so great. Roethlisberger seems like a good guy, too, but you have to like Manning....

While I'm at it, let's look at this week's matchups...I'll take

Eagles over Vikings - This could be close without Owens, especially with the good play of the Vikings last weekend, but for now I'll take the Eagles, though I may change my mind before this weekend
Falcons over Rams - Rams offense is good, but Bulger can throw some picks, and the Falcons have a very good defense, plus Vick can run for 100+ yds at will.
Colts over Patriots - The Colts offense may just be unstoppable this year, even in New England, and the Patriots have a badly injured secondary....looks like Peyton could get another 4 TDs. Main reason they lost last year was the mugging of the Indy receivers...that won't be possible this time.
Steelers over Jets - The Jets got fortunate to win last weekend with all of the little things that they did to give the game away...The Steelers are just too good on defense, and on offense...

I could possibly miss on 3/4 this weekend, the only really sure thing IMO is the Steelers winning, but the NFC games could be very close.

Post January 10th, 2005, 9:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
i have no idea as to who those teams are.... actually, i'm just generally clueless with football alltogether. so, i'm gonna say the steelers because they're from pittsburgh and pittsburgh has the steel phantom.

Post January 10th, 2005, 11:13 pm
cjd

[lol] Well, that's one way of voting for the super bowl winner. In that case, I change my vote to that new NFL team, the Sandusky Mayflies.

Post January 10th, 2005, 11:22 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
ya know, i liked cp better than kennywood anyway, i change my vote to them too!

Post January 10th, 2005, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,861.00 Points
Steelers Vs. Jets. - No way the Chad can compete with Big Ben and the Steelers. Let's face it, they are having a great season and I do not think that this game will even be close. C. Martin may be having a great season, and I love him as a player, but it just will not be enough.

Patriots Vs. Colts - Peyton Manning certainly learned his lesson from a year ago, when he had eyes on the ring before he ever got to the Pats. While things look bleak for the Patriots secondary, look for Troy Brown to fill the gap of Ty Law, and Bruschi to just explode. The game will be a squeaker for sure, but the Colts under Manning have never won a playoff game outdoors, in fact, the ONLY team they have ever beaten in the post season has been Denver, Twice, both times at home. Patriots upset the Colts in OT.

Vikings Vs. Eagles - The loser game of the postseason. Who wins, who cares. The depleted eagles without TO lose some of their steam. The Vikings with the dispicable R. Moss do not need the bad press as a distraction this week. Eagles win in the end.

Rams Vs. Falcons. - Is it me or does the NFC just not have a decent offereing this year for a true contender. Mike SMartz is an idiot and are not much of a match for the showboating Vick. Falcons win.

------------------------

Patriots Vs Steelers. Bellicheck was totally shut down in the regular season with no running game. With a still hurting secondary, look for the steelers to take advantage of longer passes. This will be Big Ben's undoing, and will have to rely on a running game where they will get shut down. Patriots upset the Steelers and return to the Bowl for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Eagles Vs. Falcons. - The Eagles prove to be too much for the greates one-man-team in the NFL. D McFlabb, all chuncky from the soup his mom stuffs down his throat prevail and finally get to the Big Show.

-------------------------

Patriots Vs Eagles. What promises to be another thrilling superbowl ends up being a rout as the Patriots walk over a slacking Eagles offense that managed to squeak into the big show. And for thier first of 3 super bowl wins, DO NOT have to win in the final seconds on a Viniteari field goal.

just my opinion. I realize the steelers are the favorite, and I do not think it is unjustified. They look really strong this year and have been a force to be reconed with.

Whether you prefer the Pats, the Colts or the Steelers, the winner of the superbowl will come out of the AFC. The NFC was just so pitiful this year. Come, making the playoffs at 8 and 8? Sad.

Post January 11th, 2005, 5:44 pm

Actually, the Colts beat Kansas City in the playoffs last, year...and if the Pats win, I don't think that'd be considered an upet....

And it is quite sad that even a single 8-8 team can get into the playoffs, but two?!!? And both being able to get to the divisional playoff is even worse...really, with the Eagles being without Owens and the Falcons on-and-off play all year, the Rams and the Vikings both have relatively decent chance to get to the Super Bowl...

Post January 11th, 2005, 8:43 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I vote aliens are gonna come to earth and enslave the whole world right before the super bowl happens, then there will be no super bowl. Soon after, some one will break free from the aliens mind controller and emplode the whole earth into a bazzillion pieces. And every one will be dead except for the people in the space station, they will then be taken hostage by another alien race that will be lt[lol]o (lt[lol]o is laughing THIER butts off), and then they will harvest humans as slaves.

Post January 11th, 2005, 9:58 pm

ok i kinda stayed away for the weekend. I went 3/4 (jets, colts, rams) in my picks. Vikings really surprised me. Anyway here's next week.

EAGLES over Vikings

Many predict a close game but i do not. The Eagles offense -TO still can tear up the vikings. Westbrook (starting RB) will go out in pass formations and my pick with atleast two recieving TD's. LJ Smith will be big across the middle, and expect mcnabb to run more, Dorsey to get a few runs (with Westbrook at WR), and Pinkston needs to stop being a wuss and play better. Freddie Mitchell will be alot more involved in this game. The DB's (3 are STARTING at the pro bowl) will keep Moss in check, with a Dawkins and Lito Shepard double team for alot of teh game. the D Line can put alot of pressure on Culpeper resulting in sacks or bad throws. Eagles offense should explode, and take this game..

Final Score: Eagles 34 Vikings 17
-----------------------------------------------------
Rams over Falcons !shocker!
Steelers over Jets
Colts over Patriots

Post January 16th, 2005, 2:17 am

The Summary:

The ballcap on my head, the terrible towel in my hand, the flag at my side, the sweat down my back, the loss of my voice, the nails whittled down from nerves, all for the exhilaration of the completed kick.

Yes before anyone says it ... the win today for Pittsburgh was a gift from the all-mighty football gods, but a win is a win.

BRING ON THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

DO YOU BELIEVE?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

Post January 16th, 2005, 4:53 am
cjd

YEAH! That game was awesome! Pittsburgh was lucky to survive that game, true, but a win is a win is a win. With that said, here are my predictions for tomorrow, the championship weekend, and the super bowl.

Today:
Steelers survive against the underdog Jets, 20-17 OT
Atlanta dominates the flailing Rams, 47-17.

TOMORROW's PREDICTIONS:

- COLTS over PATRIOTS 42-31

The Patriots put up a good first half show, dominating the run game and putting up some good numbers, but Peyton Manning wears out the secondary in the late 3rd quarter and the Colts pull out to a solid win.

- EAGLES over VIKINGS 24-21

This one is going to be a close game. The Vikings offence will have trouble running against the decent Eagles defensive line, but will get some game-changing passes off to the infamous Randy Moss allowing them to put up some touchdowns. The Eagles will lock this one down in the 4th quarter as the Vikings defence runs on empty against Donovan McNabb.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP:

- STEELERS over COLTS 38-28

True, Peyton Manning runs the best pass offence in the leage, but the Steelers defence will be able to crush the Colts running game, and Peyton will toss a couple interceptions into the arms of the superior Steelers secondary. Jerome Bettis will walk all over the despicable Colts defence, and Big Ben's passes will have the secondary completely baffled. After almost losing to NY, there is no way that Pittsburgh will make as many mistakes as they did. In the end, the Steelers will prove why they are undefeated under Roethlisberger and make it to their first Super Bowl in 9 years.

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP:

- FALCONS over EAGLES 31-20

The Eagles are good, but they really don't seem to stand out on any area in this game. It really doesn't matter who wins this game, though, because whoever wins the NFC will be squashed in the Super Bowl like a squirrel on the interstate. In the end, Vick and Dunn proves too much for the Eagles defence to handle and Atlanta moves on to the Super Bowl.

SUPER BOWL XXXIX:

- STEELERS over FALCONS 31-21

The Falcons 2-man offence will be no match for the Steelers almighty defense, and Roethlisberger and Bettis will walk all over the Falcons defence. This game will be over before it even starts, and the Steelers will finally have redemption for their humiliating performance in Super Bowl XXX.

Post January 16th, 2005, 5:01 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion