Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion The Flat World Society

The Flat World Society

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 21st, 2005, 11:31 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Well this was something that certainly made me laugh. A select froup of people who still believe the Earth is flat have made there own little society. Some of the answers to questions and evidence that the world is actualy shperetric in shape makes me plain laugh. I dont mean to be rude but these people actualy to me seem like total social outcasts with nothing better to do, dont get me wrong i'm all for new theories. I just think that in this day and age for people to still believe that the Earth is flat and is the centre of the universe in which everything, including the sun evolves around just makes me chuckle.

Anyway onto the site
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublons ... atHome.htm

Post January 21st, 2005, 11:46 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

"The Flat Earth Society is not in any way responsible for the failure of the French to repel the Germans at the Maginot Line during WWII"

[lol] have you seen that at the bottom of the home page, theres a load of things like that. Sure this web page isn't just a silly joke?? [lol]

"The human from the North Pole will "fall up", never returning to the ground, and will continue falling forever into the deep void of outer space!"

What the hell!? [lol]

Post January 21st, 2005, 11:49 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Yea, sounds more like a joke site than anything.

Woe to anyone who even considers that theory though, lol.

Post January 21st, 2005, 12:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Enter the Flat Earth Society. For over five hundred years humanity has believed the "round Earth" teachings of Efimovich and his followers. But all hope is not lost. For through all that time, a small but diligent band of individuals have preserved the knowledge of our planet's true shape. And now, after centuries in the Dark Ages, we believe that mankind as a whole is once again ready to embrace the truth that has forever been the Flat Earth Society.

Self Explanatory.

Post January 21st, 2005, 1:26 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Sounds like something the folks from "The Onion" might produce ...

Post January 23rd, 2005, 8:59 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Stray to the outside fringes of the "safe zone", and you start walking at a tilt. The further out you go, the more you slant, until your very survival is determined by the tread on your boots. Reach a certain point, and you slide off the face of the planet entirely. Obviously, something is wrong.

Yeah you're wrong! Theres a force called gravity which stops you before you "slide off the face of the planet entirely."

Surely this has to be a joke. We KNOW the arth is round as we have seen it! Astronauts have been to space and have clearly seen from there the earth is spehrical!

[lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol] Oh, im gonna save this site to favourites. It made me laugh so much!!!

Have you read thi bit yet??? lol
"-----In the small town of Grass Roots, MO, one of our members has successfully infiltrated the public education system. By being hired on as a teacher in the district, she was able to gain a foothold that has allowed us to "replace" nearly every lower grade teacher in the entire town with loyal Flat Earthers. The students are now undergoing deprogramming measures and are expected to be released when they reach their mid-thirties. "

That can be found at http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublons ... tCurEv.htm

[lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]

Post January 23rd, 2005, 9:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,514.00 Points

that is probably the biggest load of crap ive ever seen

Post January 24th, 2005, 12:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Next there going to say vertical loops are square!!!

Post January 24th, 2005, 12:45 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

^ what planet have you been on!! They've always been square.
[lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]
I showed my friend from school the website and he joined up!!! lol. They ask you all these weird questions like your favourite flavour jelly bean!!! Whats that all about!!!
[lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]

Post January 24th, 2005, 4:45 pm

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
it's gotta be a joke, these people still believe in ether!
[lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]

i think i should sign up too!

Post January 26th, 2005, 1:48 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
this is definatly a joke. they made a reference to sand falling off a beach ball! they obviously forgot about gravity. lol. but if you think about it... the information to pourtrey a 3 dimensional world can be stored in a 2 dimensional space.. meaning that possibly the world is 2 dimensional in the first place and therefore flat. read "universe in a nutshell" [;)]

Post January 26th, 2005, 11:31 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

If the world was flat, what would hapen to roller coasters? would they go faster or slower from lack of gravity or whatever.

Return to Off Topic Discussion