Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions SAVE AT's FIREWORKS AND OBLIVION!

SAVE AT's FIREWORKS AND OBLIVION!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 13th, 2005, 2:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Okay, please to everyone that reads this, sign the petition!!!!! Alton Towers are the UK's biggets theme park with some of the most fantastic attrctions in the world including Oblivion and of course nemesis. Now as some of you will know, a couple who live very close to Alton Towers have complained about the apparent noise the park makes. And they won the first case. Fireworks may be totlly banned apart from one show a year, and they only actually happen about 5 times a year in the firework season. Also, they have complained about the noise Oblivion makes, and if Alton do not win this appeal against the noise rules that will be put upon them, oblivion may have to close down. Please help this issue. Alton helps all the near by land and people, and entertains millions of people a year, being one of the UK's biggest tourist attractions. Alton provide jobs for 2500 - 2700 peole in the area, some may be lost due to this. Also, all the surrounding businesses rely on Alton Towers. Most own a bed & Breakfast and 90% who stay are Alton Towers visitors. I urge you people to support the towers. Thankyou for your help. For more information you can visit:
http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewf ... 5aeba6172e

Then please sign the pertition which can be found here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... i?4472alt1

Thanks for all your help, and can a mod please put this on the home page if you can. It would help alot, it is not just coaster enthusiast signing this either!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*************************PLEASE READ****************************
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********Can people please use their real names on the petition rather than user names, as this is serious, and will be ahnded in as a serious thing. Any comments made by people with fake neames/usernames will most probably be deleted as they could be by the same person twice. Thankyou JPECOOL************

Also read this if you need the lo down on what has happened, and why we should save the fireworks and Oblivion!
http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewt ... afa2b279f6
Last edited by jpecool on January 14th, 2005, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 13th, 2005, 2:34 pm

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 13th, 2005, 5:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,944.00 Points
I remember hearing about this on coaster force, I think that the residents should get up, and go, so I signed that petition.

Post January 13th, 2005, 5:50 pm

well done on signing the petition Javixxxxxxxx and you to toprider, please get anyone else you can to sign it. We must save Oblivion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

Post January 13th, 2005, 6:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Yeah, i'm sick of the Ropers and all there Indecent exposure around them parks!

Post January 13th, 2005, 8:21 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I signed it... and wrote a quick paragraph on why they should keep Oblivion and the fireworks.

Post January 13th, 2005, 8:30 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

well, what I don't understand is why old rich folk who can just move thier asses away from just sit there and complain. Makes me mad. Did they ever think of anybody but themselves? Instead of suing the park, couldn't they have just worked out an agrement with them?

Post January 13th, 2005, 8:38 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i signed it again [:D] check out 1067 [:D] and now again ????????? 200 later another one. [lol]

Post January 13th, 2005, 9:13 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

How come noone else near the park has complained?

Stupid [r]opers

Post January 14th, 2005, 10:10 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
how old are the ropers exactly? mabey old age will finally kick in.

also.. i'm 100% for saving non-togo rides, but is oblivion really that great? it's just a small drop and a turn....

Post January 14th, 2005, 1:05 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

coaster992001, Oblivion is well poop, but you know, just wanna kill the Ropers because they're clearly stupid and have no friends.

I signed

Post January 14th, 2005, 1:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Oblivion isn't great, but i feel for the area and restrictions that John Wardley was confronted with whilst designing the ride in such a small area, is pure amazing. I feel that if Oblivion was removed, the whole area would in no way be the same. The sound of Oblivion pluging down the huge gauge track with screaming riders really sets the tone for the whole area. If you were a kid or are a first timer to Alton Towers then you would no doubt be taken back by the imenisty of Oblivion standing ominously over everything else in the area. Oblivion is hiding from almost every point in the park, and its not until you get right underneath it untill you can actualy see the ride. And the way you enter round the path into the X-Sector the drop is set on top of the hill on the edge of a valley, which makes the ride just look huge and really quite a overpowering site. So although the ride may actualy be a pretty crappy ride, it is its presence i feel to the park which makes it what it is

Post January 14th, 2005, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Post January 14th, 2005, 6:23 pm

lol. Thanks to everyone who has signed, and to the people who havent please do. Also thankyou G Force Addict for making this topic sticky!

Also........
I totally agree with the edge, it may not be the best ride, but the look of it when you come around that trees is astonishing, and the way you can stand right next to the hole! Because all the rides in Alton are small, Oblivion still feels very big, and the bes thing about it is hanging on the top then suddenly being released. It is the ride at Alton that has made more people cry than any others! My mum was terrified, especially when we were at the top, she did look very frightened, but that might be cos she doesnt like rides, but i drag her on occasionally. lol!

Yeah anyway. Save Oblivion and the fireworks!

Post January 15th, 2005, 11:25 am

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

Post January 15th, 2005, 2:01 pm

Post January 15th, 2005, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 1,209.00 Points

Post January 15th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Signature 1283 right here. It's all pathetic in my opinion.

Post January 15th, 2005, 6:44 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

what i think what stupid is, is that 2 people can close a ride and stop a fireworks show. And that we have to come up with now around 1200 (and more) signatures to get those 2 people quiet!

Post January 15th, 2005, 9:42 pm

Please read this whole topic and you will realise the longterm effects of alton losing this case.
http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewt ... eef0d45816

Read all the posts to get full information! Thankyou to everyone who has signed the petition, get as many people as you can to sign. This will be a big case in february, and i think may be on the news somewhat!
I also totally agree with you Dirk, how can 2 people amost cause a noise abatement order, so that it will cut down fireworks from 5 shows to 1, and maybe even close a ride, when thousands of people are against them????

Post January 18th, 2005, 12:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Post February 1st, 2005, 3:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,772.00 Points

I signed in 1340 place. Anyway, they should definately keep oblivion beacuae it was the very first dive machine in the world. And it gets tons of visitors.

Post February 20th, 2005, 8:14 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Wow, I've signed this a long time ago.

Anyways, I'll get my friends to sign it if I can. One more thing, SCREW THE love ROPERS.

BTW, AT is one of the parks I really want to go to, and I am going there when I get the opportunity, one more reason for those assholes to love off.

Post February 21st, 2005, 4:13 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

it's now total on 1351 signatures. It's going slow lately with signing it![:(]

Post February 23rd, 2005, 2:45 pm

"BTW, AT is one of the parks I really want to go to, and I am going there when I get the opportunity"

Make sure you ride Nemmy, best ride in the World!!!!!! : )

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions