Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Universal

Universal

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post August 19th, 2005, 5:21 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Hey Peeps, I went to Universal Hollywood today. TOTALLY AMAZING. We got started pretty late because I slept in. So we rolled outa here at 2 PM. After the 35 minute ride we(my sister, mom, and I) get to the park and use the coca cola can discount to so our tickets were $38 instead of $53. First up was the backlot tour tram ride. This thing is fantastic, great tour guide, amazing effects, all kinds of good stuff. If you ever go to universal, this is a must. After that 45 minute tour my bowl of rice krispees was fading off so we stopped at Loui's Pizza and Pasta. It was some pretty good food. The pizza was a HUGE slice for an acceptable price so thats where I would recommend eating. After the food it was off to the lower lot where the two big thrill rides are, Mummy, and Jurrasic Park.

First one we went to was 'Revenge of the Mummy'. The three of us got into line. The ride had such an amazing capacity. We were waiting for 20 full minutes, not once did we stop walking. It was moving the whole time. You could see when we got to the loading area, workers are top notch there working at a great pace. So we get on in the 4th row and rolled off. The first part of the ride is some special effects and going through a themed tomb. At the end of the tomb you see a huge projected face, he says some spiel about "not being able to escape" And we suddenly launch off to 40 mph. The launch is one of the funnest ive ever experienced, Cus its slow enough to not be to extreme. Yet its strong enough to be thrilling. Once on course from the launch there is a small pep of airtime and a sudden turn to the left diving down to the floor. Several twists and turns follow that then we hit a sudden stop right before a wall. After about 5 seconds of being stopped we launch off backward at about 10 miles per hour and suddenly fall down about 40 feet backwards on a very steep drop. A few turns and hills follow that and were back to the brake run and station. This ride overall was incredible, not to fast or tall, but it offered great thrills. Great doses of airtime lined it all around and it was smooth as anything ive experienced. Its definately on my top 5 list.

After the mummy we were off to 'Jurrasic Park River Adventure'. The line for this was about 20 minutes as well. Once we got to the boat we were seated across on a bench seat and the one piece restraint went across us. I think im gonna write a letter to Universal about this rides restraints. Its this one bar that goes across all 5 people in the row. Turns out we had a very obese woman in our row so the restraint only went down to her level and the other 3 of us had over a foot between us and the bar. It was the most scary experience ive ever had, I thought I was gonna fly outa that thing. Anyway about the ride, It starts out going up a small lift hill about 40 feet then turns left into a dinosaur jungle. We go through the river and jungle passing dinosaurs and whatnot. This ride is incredibly themed as well, Im very impressed with Universal. After the jungle we start up a lift WAYYYY up into the building, rising and rising we go. It seemed like forever when we finally leveled out and turned around to the left. Only one way to go from here. DOWN!!!. A steep plunge right outa the reaches of a T-rex 84 feet down concluded this ride. In my opinion a bit short, but for what it was. Spectacular.

After JP we went for 3 more rides on mummy in which I got an onride video with the nightshot on, This turned out totally black so its no use sadly. Then we went to a show called 'Special Effects' At the very far end of the park. I reccomend this show to anyone who goes there, its thrilling and interesting, And the hosts are pretty funny.

On the way out we decided to convert to season passes so this fun can be repeated for a whole year . Hopefully many more experiences from Universal are yet to come considering we only did half the attractions.

Garrett

Image Insert:
81.44 KB

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports