Board index Public Relations Site Related Mod Application 2005

Mod Application 2005

Posts that are directly related to the site.

Post March 3rd, 2005, 5:10 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I am not insulting you, but proper English also invloves capitilizing letters such as "I", and the letter at the beggingin of the sentence.

Yea thanks thecool, I know I can tend to be defensive with my macs and stuff. [:p]

Post March 3rd, 2005, 6:17 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Does using proper english also include using the dictionary? haha, :P

involves, beggining

Post March 3rd, 2005, 8:35 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
lol, but yes i dont think it matters to be honest... using proper english doesnt have to do with being a mod, or anything or the sort, being a mod has to do with like wws said "having a clean record", and it also has to do with being responsible and being able to help and make the site a better place

Post March 3rd, 2005, 8:43 pm
Premium Member

Yea, but IRL the better the presentation the better the chance of achieving a goal. Having a clean record is important as well, I tend to be one who if called out upon, wont just let it escalate.

lol, but yes i dont think it matters to be honest...

Oh really? I hope that was an error, honesty is obviously an important trait in life alone!

Oh and FN, yea I let my English slip there, but I meant in general, always aim to type to the highest manner you can, it aint English class, but lets use the langauge guys [:)]

Post March 3rd, 2005, 9:25 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

[lol]how about, I do whatever I damn well please?[lol]
so, is there anybody your are particularily interested in, WWS?

Post March 3rd, 2005, 10:34 pm

if you didnt notice Brtnboarder495 i was talking about proper english

Post March 3rd, 2005, 10:36 pm

and if you also didnt notice you havnt even heard me speak in real life, no one has, so how do u know thats how i actually speak? and how can you judge me by the way i type?

Post March 4th, 2005, 3:58 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,893.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Oh and FN, yea I let my English slip there, but I meant in general, always aim to type to the highest manner you can, it aint English class, but lets use the langauge guys

aint isn't a word for your information

You two, stop fighting, remember your first impression is the best it will ever be, and well fighting on the mod application topic is NOT a good impression.

the cool 326, we are looking into one of the apps closely, you gonna submit one or something?

Post March 4th, 2005, 1:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

Oh and FN, yea I let my English slip there, but I meant in general, always aim to type to the highest manner you can, it aint English class, but lets use the langauge guys

aint isn't a word for your information

You two, stop fighting, remember your first impression is the best it will ever be, and well fighting on the mod application topic is NOT a good impression.

the cool 326, we are looking into one of the apps closely, you gonna submit one or something?

Oh WWS, you beat me to it, i really wanted to say that "BTW" and "aint" are not real english words, [lol].

Im glad people on this site have never heard me speak, i will sound so diffrent to you americans its unbelievable, and some people in the UK too.

Hmm, does it happen to be TConwells by any chance, please be TConwells, would that mean we woudl get that woody contest TJ?!?! [lol]

EDIT: Just had to correct my english, with grammar and all, although i've still probably got some wrong! [lol]

Post March 4th, 2005, 1:55 pm

ok sorry for fighting guys, i was being a little defensive.

Post March 4th, 2005, 2:25 pm

Originally posted by jpecool

Oh WWS, you beat me to it, i really wanted to say that "BTW" and "aint" are not real english words, [lol].

Im glad people on this site have never heard me speak, i will sound so diffrent to you americans its unbelievable, and some people in the UK too.

Hmm, does it happen to be TConwells by any chance, please be TConwells, would that mean we woudl get that woody contest TJ?!?! [lol]

EDIT: Just had to correct my english, with grammar and all, although i've still probably got some wrong! [lol]

Your English is pretty good, except for a few apostrophes that you forgot. [:p][lol]
Anyways, I think we should all just layoff the complaining about proper english and grammer. I'm sure everyone can type properly if they really want to.

Post March 4th, 2005, 5:09 pm
Premium Member

Well I meant to type so we can also understand you, a word mispelled here and there bothers no one, but when you type with errors, you know you are typing it just gets a bit annoying. If everyone can type properly, they should! Communication remains one of the world's worst problems.

Post March 4th, 2005, 5:56 pm

yes, i agree so sorry for any miscommunication Brtnboarder495, i took that comment as an insult, not as an helpful hint [:)]

Post March 6th, 2005, 3:34 pm
Premium Member

Lol, good, just making things are smoothed over. [:)]

Post March 6th, 2005, 4:03 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

TConwell, no, was the first app to be rejected by staff.

Post March 6th, 2005, 8:44 pm

Any idea when a final decision will be made on who gets the 'job'?

Post March 6th, 2005, 9:32 pm
Premium Member

Tconwell was rejected? Sorry man. FN, I dont know if you were here for the last mod app but it took them some time, I think like maybe 3 weeks, I cant recall the exact, but it wasnt snappy. Asking someone to help run the website isnt an easy decision.

Post March 6th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Premium Member

Tconwell was rejected? Sorry man. FN, I dont know if you were here for the last mod app but it took them some time, I think like maybe 3 weeks, I cant recall the exact, but it wasnt snappy. Asking someone to help run the website isnt an easy decision.

Post March 6th, 2005, 10:14 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I wasn't applying as a moderator -- my loyalty is elsewhere and is unwavering. My app was informational for WWS, only.

Post March 7th, 2005, 3:12 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

Any idea when a final decision will be made on who gets the 'job'?

once the ENTIRE staff can come to a unanimous agreement.

Post March 7th, 2005, 8:17 am
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Site Related