Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Whats your favorite inversion combination?

Whats your favorite inversion combination?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 10th, 2005, 3:25 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

My favorite combination of inversions is the sidewinder - turnaround - double barrel roll on the Vekoma SLC.
I love how you just fly through it and the footchoppers are amazing.

http://rcdb.com/ig163.htm?picture=3
http://rcdb.com/ig429.htm?picture=2

Post March 10th, 2005, 7:17 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post March 10th, 2005, 8:01 am

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
vertical loop-0g roll-cobra roll on raptor is the best[:)]

Post March 10th, 2005, 8:15 am
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I agree with you FN, the only problem is, the track is so bumpy, it makes it almost no fun.

Post March 10th, 2005, 8:26 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

It has to be Nemesis hands down! Corkscrew, 3.5g helix into zero-g, huge loop into the final killer corkscrew

Post March 10th, 2005, 9:15 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Cobra roll into a complete loop ... simple yet effective. ;-)

Post March 10th, 2005, 10:23 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
I agree with edge. Nemesis is amazing. The helix, and flying into the loop is so cool. And the surprising last inversion!

Post March 10th, 2005, 10:33 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Man, this is a tough one.

I think one of my faves is Airtime hill - switchback banking - immelman - helix wrapped around it. (yes, thats from Dueling Dragons Fire)

Next to that Im not sure. Probably Loop - super low + fast overbank - Hammerhead turn - Cobra Roll.

Then Id say Airtime hill - interlocking corks - high G finish.

Oh wait, those last 2 encompass the entire Dominator ride :P Seriously, thats one of the most intense but unique B&M's out there thats over 140ft.

Post March 10th, 2005, 12:29 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Nemesis has to have the best combination of elements out of all of the rides anywhere, out of all of the coasters I've ridden, nothing packed as much adrenaline as: Corkscrew - high g helix - zero g roll - overbanked - vertical loop - turnaround - corkscrew. Amazing, just amazing.

Other than that, I have to say I really loved going round a Vertical loop followed by two dive loops and an inclined loop into a wierd little banked bunnyhop type thing - guess the ride and I'll give you .............. nothing. ahaaaa new quiz idea maybe [;)] lol.

Post March 10th, 2005, 1:48 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

Other than that, I have to say I really loved going round a Vertical loop followed by two dive loops and an inclined loop into a wierd little banked bunnyhop type thing - guess the ride and I'll give you .............. nothing. ahaaaa new quiz idea maybe [;)] lol.

well, i think it's riddler's revenge because it looks like it.

but my favorite combination is..well something i made in nolimits, but i got rid of the track, it went, flat spin-high G turn, another high G turn into a cobra roll. it was neat

Post March 10th, 2005, 3:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,772.00 Points

i like Montu's vertical loop, then an inmmelman and then a zero-g roll and then a batwing.

Post March 10th, 2005, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 5,058.00 Points
So many possibilities...
1. Double Corkscrew (Viper)
2. Loop into Dive Loop into Zero-G Roll (Medusa/Scream!)
3. Loop into Cobra Roll into Zero G Roll
4. For Woodies: First drop into some nice airtime hills
5. Steel hypercoasters: First Drop (into tunnel...mmmm), Quick Turnaround, large airtime hill, intense curved track...Goliath! :P

Post March 10th, 2005, 11:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

It would have to be X's fly-to-lie into an outside raven turn into a lie-to-fly, especially with the way X has been pacing as of late, nothing can really compare with the out of control feeling delivered by that combo. For woodies I'd have to say Boss's first drop into drop turn with no going up in between, the combination of airtime and lats simultaneously is thrilling and surprising. And as far as steel hypercoasters are concerned, I'd have to go with Desperado's first half, drop into tunnel into a lat filled 90 degree turn up into a lat filled 270 degree turn down and back up into airtime hills, both intense and enjoyable, and the lats and roughness sets Desperado apart from such rides as MF or Goliath all for the better IMO.

Post March 11th, 2005, 1:17 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
i like the way premire does high speed turns (the first and last turn on speed) and i like the tophat + low barrel roll on the chiller.

Post March 11th, 2005, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

Kumba- Loop, Dive Loop, Zero G Roll, Cobra Roll and as Coasters4me said
Montu's Loop, Immelman, Zero G Roll, Batwing

Post March 12th, 2005, 11:03 am

Points on hand: 2,772.00 Points

also the Hulk's zero-g roll into cobra roll into a vertical loop then into the corkscrew is brilliant as well.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions