Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion 2005 Ozzfest

2005 Ozzfest

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 17th, 2005, 1:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

They finally released the band lineup for this year[8D]

Main Stage:
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
??????????
Shadows Fall
Black Label Society

Second Stage:
Rob Zombie
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying
Mastodon
A Dozen Furies
The Haunted
In Flames
Arch Enemy
The Black Dahlia Murder
Bury Your Dead
It Dies Today
Soilwork
Trivium

The dates have also been announced; http://www.ozzfest.com/tourdates.html

Such a good lineup, again! But once again they overlook Canada without a single stop.
This year I might just have to take the trek down to Six Flags Darien Lake to see Ozzfest. How fun would that be? Ozzfest and coasters all day long, haha
Is anyone else planning on going?

Post March 17th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Iron Maiden Woo! I've only ever heard of 4 of those bands, they should stick Metallica in the line-up...that would be awesome, but i guess they would be seen as more of an attraction than Ozzy himself

Post March 17th, 2005, 5:13 pm

^This just in! Slipknot sucks! [lol]
But cool man, have fun [:D]

Originally posted by The Edge

Iron Maiden Woo! I've only ever heard of 4 of those bands, they should stick Metallica in the line-up...that would be awesome, but i guess they would be seen as more of an attraction than Ozzy himself

I doubt Metallica would ever accept an offer to perform on the Ozzfest circuit because Metallica usually headlines on the Summer Sanitarium tour ;)

Post March 17th, 2005, 5:25 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
damn, too bad they only tour through the usa, it would defantly be cool if i could go one day to the ozzfest tour, and my mom would defantly love it to see it. Only too bad i live in this crappy europe [V]

Post March 17th, 2005, 5:27 pm

^You are pretty close to Sweden. You could go visit all the metal bands there [lol]

Post March 17th, 2005, 5:30 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
for festivals on contests we keep it a little more close to use like belgium or west germany [;)]

Post March 17th, 2005, 6:50 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Maiden is touring again? With Dickenson no less!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
Geesh, I may have to splurge in Atlanta or Dallas ...

Post March 17th, 2005, 7:02 pm

^Ozzfest isn't going to Atlanta and Iron Maiden isn't playing in Dallas when Ozzfest visits there [lol]

Ozzfest 2005 dates without IRON MAIDEN:

Aug. 23 - Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion
Aug. 25 - Dallas, TX - Smirnoff
Aug. 27 - Houston, TX - Cynthia J. Woods Pavilion
Aug. 28 - San Antonio, TX - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Aug. 31 - Nashville, TN - Starwood Amphitheatre
Sep. 02 - Charlotte, NC - Verizon
Sep. 04 - West Palm Beach - Sound Advice

Post March 17th, 2005, 8:26 pm

Post March 17th, 2005, 8:38 pm

You do realize Iron Maiden won't be playing in Texas right? [lol]

Post March 17th, 2005, 8:56 pm

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

You do realize Iron Maiden won't be playing in Texas right? [lol]
Of course FN, but I will be in San Antonio that week so I will catch the show there regardless.

However, as far as Iron Maiden in general is concerned, I have seen every tour since Killers (that's 1981 boys and girls with Paul Di'anno (Special Note: If you do not know who he is you should not reply to talk about Maiden - under penalty of death) ... that would also be before most here were able to scratch their own butt by themselves) ... so I can safely say I have seen everything they have put out, to include every "Eddie" that has ever walked on stage.

By the way, that 1981 tour was with Judas Priest on July 19th in Albany, NY. Any questions? I thought not.

[lol]

Post March 17th, 2005, 9:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
If I wanted to kill my hearing, I might consider going, but most of those bands have sounds that are remarkably alike, which is bad when it's not my style of music. But I'm sure this will be great to fans of the music of these bands and I'm sure it'll be a great time for all you guys who go...so, I hope it'll be great, even though it can't be great (to me). But for those who like these bands, it will be great. Did that make sense...?

Anyway, yeah, I'm not huge on such heavy music, but I can't wait for The Mars Volta on May 17 in Chicago...that ought to be pretty great.

Post March 18th, 2005, 1:06 am

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
I always wanted to go to Ozzfest in the past but now, I don't know. I used to be a nu-metalhead but now I've sort of gotten tired of bands like Slipknot, Rob Zombie, Killswitch etc. and moved more toward the more underground and more complex sounding metal. Although I love Mastodon, they have a great sound. All the bands on the main stage aren't bad though.

Post March 18th, 2005, 2:31 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I'll probably go, theres a great lineup this year...Shadows Fall, Killswitch, In Flames, Arch Enemy, It Dies Today, and Trivium are all amazing bands.

Post March 18th, 2005, 12:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I would say most of the bands on that list do sound alike as you said McFly except really for Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden are much more about the riffs and solos than the 200mph power chords...plus there British! woo!

Post March 18th, 2005, 12:54 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
i agree- most of those bands i couldn;t tell apart if i tried. some sound a bit different, but punk rock / metal / whatever that style of music is all sounds the same to me. same goes for rap. a lot of it just sounds like noise and banging.. i like music where you can actually find some sort of beat in it. like rammestein [:)]

Post March 18th, 2005, 2:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by The Edge

I would say most of the bands on that list do sound alike as you said McFly except really for Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden are much more about the riffs and solos than the 200mph power chords...plus there British! woo!

Most of those bands don't use much power chords...the style of music that really uses them are punk, pop punk, etc. theres really no skill to those styles of music at all IMO except the drummers are mostly pretty good. You should check out some Arch Enemy and Shadows Fall, both bands have amazing guitarists.

Return to Off Topic Discussion