Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster New tool in development

New tool in development

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post March 25th, 2005, 1:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points
I am making a cartex for someone, and in the process i figured a nice concept for a tool:

for a nicely continuous cartex across all planes, instead of going out to hunt for basemaps or screwing around till i get the mapping right, i decided to write a program..

it:
*outputs a "texture co?????????rdinate map" which you stick on the car and then you take a screenshot of the part of the car that you want to paint over. (you are advised to paint most of the rest of the image in clean 0, 255, 0 green though to increase quality)

*accepts the unedited (but painted green) screenshot to get its texture co?????????rdinates

*accepts the edited (still painted green) screenshot from which to get the cartex colors

*generates the cartexture completely automatically, BUT until i implement my TGA writer again (lost it in the distant past) you will have to turn the BMP into a TGA/PNG yourself.

This IS actually being coded by me, and the first (low quality so im reworking it) maps have been generated, proving the concept to work...

would anyone be interested in this util (done in a couple hours, possibly with TGA/PNG implemented)

Post March 25th, 2005, 4:16 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
sounds pretty neat, but you just come up with it now I just discovered how to make alpha cartextures! [lol]

Post March 25th, 2005, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points
lol :p i can adapt it to make alphas too... but now i'm first making an algorithm to fill in the 10 px blank spots left by "faulty math" which i cant fix... ffing roundoff error :P not too difficult thoug. :p

NEWS:

EUREKA!!!!!!

YEEHAWWW!!!

indeed it works... all i am doing now is upping the usage of the "texture coordinate map" to make it true 512*512, and i might also include a 1024*1024... that way the resolution will be sufficient for text i think, because its blurry/blocky around the edges now for large surfaces...

this wil be released soon...

Post March 26th, 2005, 9:10 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Sounds good, although i find it easy to make a texture anyway so i probably wont be using it. Many people will thoguh as it can enhance your score for a ride slightly, it shows more effort!

This utility is actually needed by some, so sounds good. Well done man

Return to No Limits Coaster