Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area New Twisted Coaster Under Construction..

New Twisted Coaster Under Construction..

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post March 30th, 2005, 9:15 am

Points on hand: 3,142.00 Points
Hi Folks! Building a new Rollercoaster at present -when I'm allowed to use the PC- (my wife thinks I spend too much time on it!) It's 90% completed. It will include 3ds objects, the first time I've used these so I hope it will ride okay without too much fps slowdown. If anyone would like to be the first to ride this and comment before I upload it, drop me a line with a valid email address. (It only runs on NL Version 1.55.) I've spent nearly 2 months on this project so far so with any luck it MAY be a good un.! The Colors are not yet decided but I think black should be in it somewhere! Also I haven't finished the supports yet, almost there..

Image Insert:
62.44 KB Karl
Last edited by CoasterKarl on March 30th, 2005, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 30th, 2005, 11:59 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post March 30th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 30th, 2005, 3:16 pm

Originally posted by DjJavixxxxx

If is another Typical twister woody throw it to rubbish, thanks [:)]

Thanks for the encouragement! lol no it's a steelie with 8 inversions!

Post March 30th, 2005, 4:17 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Way to encourage javi, guessin someone is still in a bad mood. Still in pain from your surgery? [lol]
Overall looks decent, the supporting doesnt look very realistic, and lacking in some locations. The straight section of track in the top right pic does not look realistic, well the way it connects. The track jerks to quickly, and the trains would make contact, not allowing it to make the entire apex of the turn.

Post March 31st, 2005, 5:42 am

Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

Way to encourage javi, guessin someone is still in a bad mood. Still in pain from your surgery? [lol]
Overall looks decent, the supporting doesnt look very realistic, and lacking in some locations. The straight section of track in the top right pic does not look realistic, well the way it connects. The track jerks to quickly, and the trains would make contact, not allowing it to make the entire apex of the turn.

Thanks Brt! I need encouragement! I checked the apex, the cars don't make contact, that particular bend is actually much wider than it looks in the screenshot. I am still working on the supports but am worried that over supporting may slow the fps's down?

Post March 31st, 2005, 7:46 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

I dont think the supports can slow us down that much

Post March 31st, 2005, 8:24 am

Originally posted by Matt

I dont think the supports can slow us down that much

Thats okay then, depends on the Graphics card I expect. I only have an Nvidia GEforce 5200 so I expect it would run faster on someone elses machine anyway.. maybe I should tweak the card speed up a bit just in case.

Post March 31st, 2005, 10:10 am

------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 31st, 2005, 11:21 am

Originally posted by DjJavixxxxx

Hmmmm overall looking is not bad, just i dont think supports are good, Try to make some more B&M realistic, and be sure you use some original combination // variation [:P]

ps: Woody coaster was a joke [lol]

Err.. Help me out here someone please can you give me an example of what the Bolliger Mallibard supports look like? A good coaster I can download for example?? Thanks..

Post March 31st, 2005, 11:36 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
what about searching real photo's of b&m rides:
www.rcdb.com

search for example to: dragon kahn, the hulk, etc...

Post March 31st, 2005, 2:31 pm

------------

Post March 31st, 2005, 2:32 pm

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

what about searching real photo's of b&m rides:
www.rcdb.com

search for example to: dragon kahn, the hulk, etc...
Good idea... Oh Yes I see what you mean! [:D] Right then Looks like I'm going to have to call in the scrap man for several tonnes of metal tubes! lol Oh well I spent ages building the 3ds's and the airbrushed artwork so why not try and make the whole thing look realistic as well? It was going to be a fantasy coaster anyway..So in the famous words of Arnie.. "I'll be back!" Karl
[:)]

Post April 3rd, 2005, 3:40 pm

Oops! I just killed the tester! He now has no legs! back to the drawing board....................

Post April 3rd, 2005, 6:42 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post April 4th, 2005, 4:23 am

Originally posted by TConwell

[lol] ... and I'm calling my lawyer too! [lol]
[lol] Superb!!

Okay this calls for a complete rethink. TJ Reported -apart from his severed legs- too much pumping all round the track apart from the loop section. He explained what this meant so a complete redesign and or rebuild is needed for this coaster to work properly. I have 2 smoothing programs and a depumping tool - which did virtually nothing..- but how do you create a coaster that dosen't pump? Good well thought out designing probably? Is there some mathmatical program involved to design turns and elements for instance?? [confused] Now all I have is a sweet environment and no coaster to put into it.. [V] Just a station and 2 catwalks.. Help!!

Post April 4th, 2005, 11:05 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Just remember that if your track is lacking (or can be called crap - lol), when you insert it into one of the smoothing tools you get a track that is smoother, but still crap, back out. Those tools will never make a track drastically better, so with that you need to have most of the work done prior to putting it into those tools. Those tools are like a fine brush in painting a house ... but you have to use the roller and hand brushes yourself to get it 98% completed. It is all time man, it is all time. You'll get it, I have no worries --

Post April 4th, 2005, 2:40 pm

Return to Hard Hat Area