Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions BREAKING NEWS!!

BREAKING NEWS!!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post April 1st, 2005, 6:55 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
yesterday six flags magic mountain had a press conference where they released plans to build their next mega-coaster. however, this will mean "doom" for the superman the escape roller coaster. roughly 70% of the ride (i guessed) will be demolished leaving the 412 foot tower standing. the remaining tower will be converted into the world's tallest freefall ride while the roller coaster will be built on the opposite side. the roller coaster itself will be a shrunken version of the fishhook coaster that the stratosphere tower wanted to build in las vegas a few years back (was supposed to be 700 feet tall there). the new rides are both schedualed to open in june 2006. superman the escape will run its last rides the spring through early summer. it is schedualed to close for good on july fifth. on july forth the park is planning a combonation celebration for both the fourth of july, and a good-bye party for the coaster who's reliability has been rather on and off in the past few years. so all of you had better get to sfmm to get your last rides on superman!!

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... tm/2651254
Last edited by coaster992001 on April 1st, 2005, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 1st, 2005, 6:58 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
woohoo, superman's leaving, i've heard from like hundred of people who hated that ride so it's good that it's leaving. that was an interesting article too.

Post April 1st, 2005, 7:00 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
OR you can go to australia, dreamworld will have the only freefall coaster was escape will be taken down

Maybe they what to break down the escape because of the many rollbacks on the ride?

Post April 1st, 2005, 7:55 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
This has been known for some time, sheesh, where have you been? :)

Post April 1st, 2005, 7:55 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Holy cow! Man, I cannot believe that ride is leaving, but personally I think it may be a good move. I mean, new rides are always a good thing.

[;)]

Post April 1st, 2005, 8:09 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

To bad escape is leaving CANT THEY WAIT UNTILL I'VE RIDDEN IT ! ! ! ! !

than i'd ridden every single reverse freefall tower in the world, but from the otherside, i'm glad there's going to be a fishhook coaster, something different

Post April 1st, 2005, 8:14 am

actually real- the rumor has been out a while, BUT they just confirmed it (check the link). so.. ya.. i think it sucks b/c sfmm is too far from me to get on it before july [:(]

Post April 1st, 2005, 9:04 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post April 1st, 2005, 9:13 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Me niether, and there is no SFMM rumor on that site either.

Post April 1st, 2005, 9:22 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post April 1st, 2005, 9:26 am

hm.. i was just gonna say that mabey you copied it wrong? but yeah, a firewall would definatly kill it.

Post April 1st, 2005, 10:17 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

hmmm... here works the link. N e way, for the people who can't see it, here's the article:
The latest info to buzz in my ear about SFMM sounds very appealing. Crazy rumors are the norm with this park and often do come true. Superman: The Escape is a great example... no one wanted to believe the rumors about a 100 mph launched coaster that would fly up a 400+ foot tower, but it happened. In this case, the letter we received talked about a press conference Six Flags had where they announced that the park is planning to construct several ideas from Intamin, which would ultimatley doom the ever-popular Superman: The Escape and use the existing tower in the construction of an all new Roller Coaster design. I can verify myself that this is not the first time Intamin has talked to the park about using the tower for other rides, since there was a permit granted to add the world's largest Giant Drop ride to the tower like what was done to Superman?????????s sister ride in Australia at Dreamworld. The new rides are both schedualed to open in 2006. Superman's last ride will be on July 4th as a part of the 4th of july celebration. The new coaster is supposedly going to be Intamin's version of the fishhook coaster, which as you may remember was going to be built on the Stratosphere tower in Las Vegas. But due to the height of the tower, this will have to be a much smaller version.

Post April 1st, 2005, 10:49 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

hmmm... here works the link. N e way, for the people who can't see it, here's the article:
The latest info to buzz in my ear about SFMM sounds very appealing. Crazy rumors are the norm with this park and often do come true. Superman: The Escape is a great example... no one wanted to believe the rumors about a 100 mph launched coaster that would fly up a 400+ foot tower, but it happened. In this case, the letter we received talked about a press conference Six Flags had where they announced that the park is planning to construct several ideas from Intamin, which would ultimatley doom the ever-popular Superman: The Escape and use the existing tower in the construction of an all new Roller Coaster design. I can verify myself that this is not the first time Intamin has talked to the park about using the tower for other rides, since there was a permit granted to add the world's largest Giant Drop ride to the tower like what was done to Superman?????????s sister ride in Australia at Dreamworld. The new rides are both schedualed to open in 2006. Superman's last ride will be on July 4th as a part of the 4th of july celebration. The new coaster is supposedly going to be Intamin's version of the fishhook coaster, which as you may remember was going to be built on the Stratosphere tower in Las Vegas. But due to the height of the tower, this will have to be a much smaller version.

I can verify myself that this is not the first time Intamin has talked to the park about using the tower for other rides, since there was a permit granted to add the world's largest Giant Drop ride to the tower like what was done to Superman?????????s sister ride in Australia at Dreamworld.

I've been on that one, and the because of the strong wind cyclone did not operate, but the tower of terror did, crazy australian people

Post April 1st, 2005, 11:08 am

well, tower of terror is a drop ride. wind doesnt effect it, its only source of energy is gravity. cyclone (i'm assuming is a coaster) has tons of forces at work trying to slow the ride (wind speed, wind direction, friction with the wheels, friction with the track, etc) that wind conditions would easily close it. wind jammer couldn't operate in more than 5 mph winds!! (but that ride sucked anywy)

Post April 1st, 2005, 12:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post April 1st, 2005, 1:21 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

what's a fish hook coaster? And will it have air time? And when you said doom for Superman, I with thinking S:ROS NE, so I got all excited for a couple of seconds. But then I realized it was just S:TE. Which, isn't all that bad of a ride, but once you've been on Xcelerator, or TTD, its not that great anymore.

Post April 1st, 2005, 2:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Link doesn't work here either and it is not my firewall. Today is April Fools day so I have my doubts.

Post April 1st, 2005, 3:09 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

a fish hook coasters has the shape of a fish hook (haha),
it uses a vertical drop like on oblivion(verticaldropcoaster) or on gravitimax (tiltcoaster), then the train rushes down, makes a 33% vertical loop then goes up OR make a heartline roll like on V2, then the coaster valleys and will be pulled up to the station

Post April 1st, 2005, 3:30 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

an fishhook is just an over-vertical piece of track, only then in a shuttle. There are some fishhook coasters uploaded.

Post April 1st, 2005, 3:46 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post April 1st, 2005, 3:58 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post April 1st, 2005, 4:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,772.00 Points

i dont know, i think it might be an April Fools, but, you never know!

Post April 1st, 2005, 4:58 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

When reading the article you'll see its a week old, that coaster992001 started the topic on the 1st of april is coinsidentie(R something like that)

I think it would be more a april's fool if greatadventure went bankrupt because of KK

Post April 1st, 2005, 5:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

BREAKING NEWS........Six Flags Great Adventure goes bankrupt because of new ride.

Post April 1st, 2005, 5:15 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

whaha lol,

talking about the 1st of april

our bathroom door opens inside and i tought: lets put a bucket with water on the door, after 10 minutes, i found out i forgot my wallet in the bathroom, so wadda ya think, ideed me getting wet.... :(

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions