Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Massive Phantom Steel (Round 1 Entry) Preview!

Massive Phantom Steel (Round 1 Entry) Preview!

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post April 16th, 2005, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points

There, happy now? B&M use simple triangular supports all the time dude...

Post April 16th, 2005, 9:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post April 16th, 2005, 10:50 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
yea everybody was downrating my track for the way the supports "look"...come on now tyler you did a good job doing realistic "supports", because how else are b&m supports supposed to look, they are supposed to be simple...

Post April 17th, 2005, 8:55 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Err were they supposed to be realistic like B&M supports anyway. I hope not cos errr some of my support structures went a bit crazy. [lol] Im not sending any pics of them supports, but here are some pics of mine. They are not very revealing pics, as i dont want to reveal to much until i release the track which will be on the last day. Heres some pics:
Section just after the first inversion

One of 2 large drops, this one is the first after the 2 figure of 8s

This is where the ride reaches its max speed. It is where the ride really begins, the bit before is quite boring and is just a build up. To the right of the curve, you can see where part of the ride enters the underground portion of the coaster. I am yet to finish the tunnel openings.

The high speed, very high G, turn heading for the lake. The ride reaches speeds of 76mph on this turn and 4.9 G which is safe, its just very high which is what i have aimed for throughout the ride. I have had t rush trackwork so it isnt that great. Its mainly smooth but i know there are a few bumps but i havent got time to get rid of em.

Tyler your ride was really great. Well done

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area