Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion back the bid for london 2012

back the bid for london 2012

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post April 16th, 2005, 10:37 am

Points on hand: 1,895.00 Points
http://www.london2012.org/en/ if london has 2012 olympics they will use the new wembleystadium http://www.wembleystadium.com/ wich opens in 2006 with wimbedom and that it will be the best ever and i hope it will get it because london had it before and who would go to it i would for the opening and closing . when the olyimpics finish the wont get rid of the stadium but they pout 9,000 new home and new sports fasilaties and the will add 2 under ground rail was and new staions and tomorrow im going to london for the london marathon to see my dad i will be next to the cutty shark go by docklands railway.[:D][8D][:)][:)][:)]

Post April 16th, 2005, 4:11 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Cool, is that the Winter or Summer Olympics though?

Post April 16th, 2005, 4:15 pm

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points
Originally posted by philipman2000

http://www.london2012.org/en/ if london has 2012 olympics they will use the new wembleystadium http://www.wembleystadium.com/ wich opens in 2006 with wimbedom and that it will be the best ever and i hope it will get it because london had it before and who would go to it i would for the opening and closing . when the olyimpics finish the wont get rid of the stadium but they pout 9,000 new home and new sports fasilaties and the will add 2 under ground rail was and new staions and tomorrow im going to london for the london marathon to see my dad i will be next to the cutty shark go by docklands railway.[:D][8D][:)][:)][:)]

Dude.... PUNCTUATION. COHERENT THOUGHT.

Post April 16th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
Originally posted by thecool326

Cool, is that the Winter or Summer Olympics though?

2012 will be a summer olympics year. the bidders right now are:
Paris
NYC
Moscow
Madrid
London

I like Paris' bid sign that forms a heart in the middle. They put a huge one on the Eiffel Tower facing north, I believe.

Post April 17th, 2005, 2:56 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

To be honest, I don't really care for the Olympics, neither do I care all that much which country its held in. Although I'd be a fool if I thought that it wouldn't affect me in someway if they were held in London. If the games were held in London, they would also make use of some of the stadiums and arena's around the country, at least thats what the news said [lol] which is good as it means that people all round the country would have easy access to live Olympics and also making travel easier etc etc. But honestly, do you really want foreign people coming to London, I mean, its bad enough as it is down there, but with even more foreigners, eurgh.

Post April 17th, 2005, 5:25 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Its just because Americans take almost all the medals. Its ok to be jeolous.

Post April 17th, 2005, 6:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

The Americans are the only ones who actualy try that is why! All i see is dumb jocks prancing around in leotards, this goes for all the countries...mainly America [lol] The only event i ever watch is the Rowing, UK rule at rowing...so do Canada. It was such an awesome race between UK and Canada at Athens and thats what i call entertainment. Not some black guys running at high speeds round the track. Plus Americans always win everything, makes the whle event less enjoyable

Post April 17th, 2005, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Well, could it be that the Americans win because everyone else sucks?
Oh no, it must be the drug abuse in athletes then, right? [lol]

Post April 18th, 2005, 6:36 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Could be that Americans are the only ones that really care if they win or not [lol] I mean the olympics, woooo! or not. God forbid that the Americans would be beaten at something, OH NO! it would be WWIII wouldn't it man! No one is jealous of the Americans winning all the track events and stuff, we just laugh at you mostly for caring as much as you do. I like to laugh at Americans, ahhh many a night in front of the TV watching programs entitled "America's dumbest criminals" or something along those lines. My god there is some stupid people in your country [lol] Do you like my msn name:

"I feel kinda sorry for Americans, they have to live along side other Americans for Christ's sake." [:)]

Post April 18th, 2005, 7:37 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Turn off the TV and go back to school Gouldy -- your factual recall and assumptions are slipping. [lol]

Return to Off Topic Discussion