Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Little One - Family Rocket Coaster

Little One - Family Rocket Coaster

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post April 1st, 2005, 1:42 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Basically a very tame ride designed for riders of all ages. Obviously, I'd have to redesign the seats for smaller audience (instead of just the larger like on all other Intamin Hypers), but I'll deal with that when we're able to put in our own trains. It consists of an immitation outside top hat, 2 other air time hills, and 2 helixes. All delivering a tame, but fun experience. THe highest g's that I notices was like 3.2 or something, and those happen very rarely, and the highest negative is -.4 so I think its going to be a great family coaster. Here's a screenshot from the editor.

Top Hat Immitation
88.43 KB
the highest point is only 49 feet, so if your kids have vertigo, they shouldn't have much of a problem with this ride.
Last edited by coolbeans326 on April 1st, 2005, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 1st, 2005, 2:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,853.00 Points
If everybody must do these Rockets all the time then this is a nice idea. I don't like the idea that everything must be so big and huge to be fun! That's not true! I think I will like this.

When it will be ready?

Good luck with that!

Post April 1st, 2005, 2:58 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ I think it will be ready some time next week. The ride itself is almost finished, I'm using the CS park pack to make a simple entrance/exit ques, with some other goodies to add to the enviornment.

Post April 23rd, 2005, 10:55 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

video coming soon!!! Using a capture program better than fraps. I'll tell you all the info when its released.

-edit - video now http://www.blackshirtspaintball.com/wad ... review.zip

It's kind of laggy, but it's still a great video. Reccommended for Broadband users only. Good luck to you 56kers.

Post April 24th, 2005, 2:39 am
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

nice ride but honestly I don't like the colors that much, but exept that it's very cool.

Post April 24th, 2005, 2:41 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
i like the colours its very drawed out and it is the perfect colours for a short and sweet ride IMO

Post April 24th, 2005, 6:54 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Post April 24th, 2005, 1:24 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

thank you for your kind words. Maybe I'll make more in the future! [:P]
If you didn't notice the things that are still being worked on, then I'll tell you.
- need to finish some 3D work
- working on que
- auto-flaning
*note* yeah, I know that thiers pumping in the ride, so before you post something that says that, don't bother, I don't feel like making it perfect right now. This just something I'm building for fun!

Post April 24th, 2005, 1:52 pm
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

how exactly did you do the video?
it would be cool if i could make one of my ride too.

Post April 24th, 2005, 2:49 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

well, I used this program to capture it. http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/downloads.asp
and then I turned the Resolution of the game down to 640xsome other number. I also made it window form. I believe I had the capture rate set to 25 frames per second. I don't remember. But you'll have to play around with the settings until it records right.
But once I had all the footage. I imported them into my Adobe Premier (Windows Media will work fine) And then I put in the music, then I edited the movie so it sincs with the music.
It's a lot faster than Fraps. Also, when you use the unregisterd version, all it says is "unregistered version" on the top left corner. So I'm very pleased with it.

Image Insert:
78.61 KB
here's what it looked like when I was editing it.

Return to Hard Hat Area