Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Wtf? lol, Six Flags New Englands other ride

Wtf? lol, Six Flags New Englands other ride

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it, but I wonder if it's going to have negative g forces. It's thier new water coaster.
http://www.sixflags.com/parks/newenglan ... phoon.html

Post April 24th, 2005, 5:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Yeah these things have been around for a while now. I remember seeing them on the Discovery Channel

Post April 24th, 2005, 5:34 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i wonder if this ride is really going to work...

cause the water can't really go away at the bottom of the dips. also all those lifts on a quick speed. they should do those lifts at a speed of 20mph to keep the fun in the ride. Going down makes speed, and if you get slowed extreme down cause of slow lifts, ugh, that sucks then very hard... It's a nice concept only i'd think it would pass of comfort...

Post April 24th, 2005, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

They are lifts Dirk they are water propulsion system, you dont stop. The water just fires you up the hill, would suck if you fell out i guess

Post April 24th, 2005, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I've been on something like this before, not amazing ... but it is something to experience. There is no airtime -- just water jets giving you a wedgie.

http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/attract ... laster.asp

Post April 26th, 2005, 2:57 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Oh, THERES AIRTIME. Go to Typhoon Lagoon and ride the 3 rides there.

One of them, I believe the Coconut Crusher has a DOUBLE DOWN. We lifted off the tube for a good second, kind of scary on a water slide.

See that slide in foreground? You come from the left to the right. So you gain speed, then go over the top (which is alot lower than what you came down) and then dive down again. GREAT airtime. I think I got airtime on every slide at some point, but that was literal.

Post April 26th, 2005, 7:13 am
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
IDK bout that waterslide, but the body slides at CP, the tan ones, really get your ass off the ground, there is one double drop that friggen makes your body jump a foot or two off the tube, it can hurt it you land wrong.

Post August 26th, 2005, 11:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

yeah ive been on masterblaster in new braunfels (i live in SA) and its pretty sweet so im gunna defineatly ride it in october when i go to SFNE

Post August 29th, 2005, 4:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

The best airtime on a waterslide IMO is probably on The Plunge at Noah's Ark. You go head first down a double down thats about 50 feet tall. Every time I've been on it I get a good foot between me and the slide.[:p]

Post August 29th, 2005, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
im not for getting half naked within a huge park and gettin huge wedgies but hey looks fun

Return to General Theme Park Discussions