Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Real-Coasters.com Gallery

Real-Coasters.com Gallery

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post April 27th, 2005, 3:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
300+MB of High Quality pictures! Enjoy 6 parks worth of great quality pictures with many, many more to come this year.

http://www.real-coasters.com/gallery/

But its worth the time taken to download the pictures, IMO. (Of course, I took the things!)

Also, if theres any true requests for posters of any of these, I found a place that does them for cheap and quality should be nice. I plan on ordering one this week to see just what the quality looks like. Expect 22 USD for a 30inch by 20 inch poster (pretty good size)
Last edited by Real on May 4th, 2005, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 27th, 2005, 3:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Very nice pictures. Alot of those would make some very decent desktops.

Post April 27th, 2005, 4:09 pm

I plan on making some posters as well. Id be open to the idea of making them and selling them for like a 3-5 dollar profit on my end (for all the shipping crap).

The largest I can go is a huge 30 x 20 inch poster for like 22-25 bucks. Which is really cheap, printed on nice quality photo poster paper.

Im going to do this (try) with the parks I go to this year. Cedar Point opens in just over a week and I may be there a few days during opening week since my work schedual has me on the midnight shift...so I can be there during the day when no ones there :D

Post April 27th, 2005, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Yep, very nice pics real. Well done on those, and a couple would make amazing desktop wallpapers like FN said.

Post April 27th, 2005, 4:56 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Yeah some of those were wicked cool, I especially like a couple of the pictures of Hulks cobra roll. Gonna use one for my desktop I think [;)] Its a side on picture of a Ridiculously modified Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII 320 at the moment, hmmmm, can't decide which one is better as a desktop[lol]

Post April 27th, 2005, 6:33 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

yeah, wrap it up in a nice screen saver package and sell, that as well, so you'll have even more money in your pocket.
p.s. GOuldy nice choice in cars, I want one, but I don't have the 30+k to spend on one. [:(] Its sick how some of the kids at my school have thier parents buy them one for thier first car.

Post May 1st, 2005, 3:44 pm

Post May 1st, 2005, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post May 4th, 2005, 12:40 pm

http://www.real-coasters.com/gallery/

Updated Gallery! Everything I have to offer (With the exception of a few others I plan on throwing up later)

300+ mb of pictures. Yea, its High Quality. :)

Post May 4th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Real, i love that panorama picture of Shivering timbers!!!!!! Actually i love all the photos of shivering timbers. Its such a beautiful ride, and they're beautiful photos!!!!!!!!! Well done man. [:D] I tell you what, that Shivering Timbers panorama would look very nice as a huge poster along a wall. [;)][:D]

Post May 4th, 2005, 1:25 pm

I know, but that would be CRAZY to print out. I think its something like 3-4ft long!!

It took me 9 pictures to stitch it up and by far my best stitchin job. Still some "oddities" but its worth it.

MIA, IOA, CP and Dollywood are some of my best galleries. I actually had time to shoot instead of being rushed :

Post May 4th, 2005, 2:45 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points

Post May 4th, 2005, 3:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Very nice pics there. Some of them would make nice posters. But the shipping costs would propably be very large too Norway;)

Which camera are you using?

Post May 4th, 2005, 4:00 pm

The ones from Islands of Adventure and Disney were taken on a Canon Digital Rebel 300D.

Everything else is on a Canon Powershot A70 or something close. Interchangeable lens version, small, but powerful. The powershot is a 4mp and the digital rebel is a 6.5. Its beautiful, even though taking pictures can be quite challenging since most of its manual.

BTW I can check on shipping to norway. Hey, do me a favor and if you wish, give me an address to you (or a neighbor, I dont care) so I can check and see just how much it would cost.

Post May 4th, 2005, 5:57 pm

I've sent you a Pm with the adresse:)

I have tried the 300D. Good camera, but I prefer the Nikon D70 ;) Much faster, and a bether camera IMO. But it's more expensive too...

Post May 4th, 2005, 7:24 pm

I found the Nikon to be a bit clumsy and I dont like their Digital stuff that much.

Their optics, BEST in the business, however Canons are so good that you cant really tell much difference.

Ive found Canon's Digital stuff to just be better. They have put alot more into research and its showed in their cameras. Overall they end up being lighter and better for the price.

Canon just recently released a camera thats supposed to take over the 300D and take out the Nikon D70 I think. Not sure, but its pretty sweet.

Post May 5th, 2005, 11:24 am

Yeah. The 350D. But it's only uppgraded to be as good as the Nikon, not bether [;)] And Nikon are coming with the D70s (a small upgrade of D70) and D50, a cheaper camera.

My main complaint about the canon is the speed. I'm used to the hyper fast Nikon, and when I borrowed the D300 it just felt so slow. But I guess it's up to personal preferences.

Post May 8th, 2005, 6:56 pm

Yea thats the one thing I think Ive read. I also saw a guy with a Nikon last night taking some night shots and he was taking them very quickly.

I only paid 650 for whats normally a 1,000 dollar camera. Its my "entry" into the digital market. If I aspire to do anything with these photos, I may move up if I can justify the extra money. Right now the 300D does everything I need it to, very well.

UPDATE: Not quite yet, but some interesting photography from this Opening Weekend Cedar Point should be up tonight (I hope) while more are to come later. (Tentative list for now is MaXair, Raptor and Wicked Twister)

Post May 22nd, 2005, 2:57 pm

Small update:

Went to Geauga Lake on Saturday. Not sure Ill ever get another weekend as beautiful as this one, but I had a crappy day with picture taking since I had a friend and we rode rides instead of taking pictures. However, I did capture a few and they are in the obvious category called "Unfinished and Unsorted". A few are from Cedar Point on Friday night when we went up to upgrade out passes to include Geauga Lake. Hopefully I get another crystal clear weekend in the summer that I can take advantage of.

Temporary main page:
http://www.real-coasters.com

Post May 22nd, 2005, 3:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post June 3rd, 2005, 9:55 am

New Geuaga Lake Update!
http://www.real-coasters.com/images/gallery/index.html

Only about 80% complete, still missing some rides. However, not sure when and if Ill be able to get to those anytime soon.

Also a couple of new pictures in the MF area.

Post June 3rd, 2005, 11:37 am

Some great pictures there! The third one for Thunderhawk was very cool [;)] But some of them seem too bright. Like the 5th one at Thunderhawk. Apart from that great job!

Edit: it was only that picture. btw those sunset pictures of MF is aweseome!

Post June 3rd, 2005, 3:36 pm

You certainly know how to take a good photo!!! Or photos should i say. I love the ones of millennium force and then sunset too! [:D] And theres one of dominator i really like aswell.

Post June 3rd, 2005, 3:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

[lol] Damn these perfectionists always too good at everything [lol]

But seriously awesome pictures, they are no doubt some of the bes coaster pictures i've seen on the net.

Post June 3rd, 2005, 9:18 pm

Some of the pictures needed serious photoshop work. Im still learning the manual camera but thank goodness my skills in PS make up for it. MANY of those pictures are too bright but a trained eye will tell.

For now, they work really well. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions