Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Mamba@Worlds of Fun Testers Needed!

Mamba@Worlds of Fun Testers Needed!

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 17th, 2005, 10:12 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

I'm going on a band trip friday for a contest in KC and we are going to Worlds of Fun for the day. I'll be riding Mamba and getting some footage and pics and anything else that will help me with the recreation. And if you guys know of any good vids or pics that can help me out drop a link please. I also may get somebody to help me edit the vid and post it up in the videos section. Both projects are pretty ambitious so far.
Last edited by Iron Man on May 24th, 2005, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 17th, 2005, 10:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

i cant do videos, but if you need any feeling testing or need someone to look it over, just ask ( raganblink@yahoo.com ). ive been on that thing probably 100-125 times. and sorry, i dont got any pics of mamba, but now i have a reason to drive 3 hours. LOL

Post May 18th, 2005, 7:26 pm

Hey, think you can make some time to go on Saturday? If you see somebody in a dark green polo shirt that says Elmwood Raider Band, ask for Justin Franz. I'll be in the park from about 10:30 to 5:00. Hope you can make it.
Where do you live anyway? I live in Rogers three hours or so away. I haven't meet anybody I know online in real life. It'd be interesting to see what kind of people are interested in roller coasters.

Post May 18th, 2005, 8:56 pm

eh maybe, i made plans to do volunteer work, but they already have more than enough people. ill see, but right now it looks 50-50. if id go, i will be hanging out by timber wolf or by mamba the entire day. i might try out spinning dragons too. and btw i live in Des Moines, iowa, USA. WoF location is awesome, if i wanted too, i could wake up at 7 am, be in KC at 10 am, and come home at 11 pm with 10 hours in at the park. sweet.

Post May 19th, 2005, 8:23 pm

Correction, I will NOT be making a video for the site. My parents have instructed me to leave the camera at home but won't tell me why I can't bring it. Figures. Any, I'm really looking forward to riding this and going out with all my friends and having fun at the park. Also, ragan, look for very bright, I mean bright, green shirts. If you see a bunch of shirts that make you say "Ik!" then they are probably from my band. Looking forward to meeting you if you can come, and if you can't, then I understand. But you'll be missing out...

Post May 19th, 2005, 8:29 pm

i think i can now actually, my parents wanted to eat at Strouds and since WoF is in the same area, that will probably happen. And how ugly are these shirts, like highliter bright or what?

Post May 19th, 2005, 10:33 pm

Highlighter bright describes them fairly well. You'll know them when you see them.

Post May 20th, 2005, 8:20 pm

ill see you there, im not sure what time ill be there but it should be before two. cya tomorrow man.

Post May 21st, 2005, 10:58 pm

Well I'm back home and didn't see you. Oh well. I had a great time at the park anyway. Mamba was great but Timberwolf surprised me on how good it was. One of the best woods (despite what others say) that I have ever ridden. Nothing like a tear you to shreds kinda woody. Anyway, I've got some good ideas on build technique that will help me keep this thing very accurate. I'll keep you guys
(ragan [:p] ) updated.

Post May 21st, 2005, 11:08 pm

yeah, i only saw middle schoolers who were wearing one of those shirts. actually, now that i read your post above, i did see like 4 people in the quenes wear that. ohwell, atleast we got to ride coasters. and if you saw a guy who wore jeans, long-sleeve buttoned down shirt, blue sunglasses and a boston college hat, that was me.

i was pissed off when i got there so much, last year some little ass said i could use my season pass for a full year. when i went to guest relations, they told me that i couldnt use it cause the season of 2004 is open between April 1 and March of 2005. so i couldnt use my pass, and had to pay 25 bucks to get in. anyways, i gotta make a coaster that needs to be uploaded within 50 minutes, cya.

Post May 22nd, 2005, 10:07 pm

New screens for ya ragan. http://nldc.interfix.net/p582
These just show the general layout so far. The last helix is wrong just a tad so don't complain, it is fixed now. That's all for now. Peace.

Post May 23rd, 2005, 5:11 pm

just to let you know, it seems as if your area between the station and lift are too big, it shouldnt be more than 2/3 of a train length if you have all the cars. and do you want me to send you the photos i took? i didnt take alot, and they wont help really except for 3d stuff. good luck, you'll need it. and the rec. of this by socal is very good. you should check that one out.

Post May 23rd, 2005, 5:29 pm

It is hard to decide what I should do for cars. The best look is the corkscrew coaster but it is only a four seater and Mamba has six seats in each car. Should I have nine cars of four or six? Nine would keep the number of riders realistic but six would keep the number of cars the same. What do you think?

Edit:
I'll take any pics that'll help. Send them here: justin@rfranz.net
I want the supports to be very accurate and there aren't many good pics that I've been able to find that help. Also I'd like you to test what I've got so far. Peace.

Post May 23rd, 2005, 6:08 pm

emailed, though i caution, might take a while to upload...

and now i take something back, the distance between the station and the lift should be rough 1 and 1/3 of a train, i just saw a pic that i had on my wall that showed that.

good recreations:

http://www.coastersims.com/parkmap.asp? ... =&x=54&y=2

http://www.coastersims.com/parkmap.asp? ... earchType=

Post May 24th, 2005, 5:24 pm

Thanks for the screens but I can't do 3D's as you can see I have never done them. If you'd like to help out with that that would be awesome. I also need help solving my train issue. The only thing that has six seats per car currently is a wood. I hope hypers are implemented in the next update.

Post May 24th, 2005, 5:58 pm

id do steel looping cause the restraints and track is more realistic then a corkscrew or intamin train. and yeah, ill do 3ds for yeah. mostlikely wont be in great 3ds Like megablast or TF or TTD2003, but they'll be okay.

Post May 24th, 2005, 7:24 pm

Thanks man. That is fine if they aren't stellar. They would be a hell of a lot better than mine. lol
Anyway, I'm kinda stuck on the turn before the MCBR. I don't know exactly what kind of shaping there is. I need testers!

Post May 24th, 2005, 8:00 pm

Post May 24th, 2005, 11:17 pm

Post May 25th, 2005, 12:25 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points

Post May 25th, 2005, 3:18 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post May 25th, 2005, 8:08 pm

Post May 26th, 2005, 8:20 pm

Hm. I've sent it to all three of you already. I'll try again though.

Post May 26th, 2005, 9:10 pm

i still didnt get one, maybe try raganblink@gmail.com or i could email you and then youd have me email.

Post May 26th, 2005, 11:29 pm

Alright. Sent it to all three of you. Ragan yours should be coming in on gmail. Thanks again for testing.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area