Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Dance Dance Revolution

Dance Dance Revolution

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 4th, 2005, 8:43 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
So, how many other DDR freaks out there are there?

I wouldnt consider myself a freak, but I do have some of the songs downloaded now, thanks to my sister!!

Also, if you play at home or in the arcades, and top scores.

Right now I have a metal pad for my home (thanks to eBay) and Ive only got DDR Ultramix 2 for my XBox. I was only at Standard but Im creeping up to Heavy slowly...just have to condition the legs to move that quickly LOL

My highest so far is a AAA on a rather easy Standard level and an A on Dam Dariram on Heavy, which Im quite proud of and will get a AA in time.

How about you?

Post June 4th, 2005, 9:06 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

If i hadn't watched all the videos on themeparkreview.com i'd have no clue what you are talking about [lol]

Post June 4th, 2005, 10:22 am

Heh. Its quite a workout too. I think in a half hour I burned something like 300 calories. Frankly, for as many people as I see on it, people should be getting in shape. I see alot of overweight kids on it too, doing REALLY good so personally I think thats great. May not be too attractive to watch but at least you know they are doing something physical.

Ive heard about schools installing these and even using them as cardio in physical education.

Post June 4th, 2005, 10:39 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i've never done such things. But i guess you get played out on it sometime after doing it too much...

Post June 4th, 2005, 10:48 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Yeah theres 3 of these stupid things set up in the music/performing arts centre at school, theres a competition every friday that 6 people enter, I don't know why they bother still doing it though, the same guy always wins [lol].

Tried playing on my mates sisters one round her house and I lost miserably [lol] so I never set foot on one again [V] hehe. But I can always hear my mates sister playing it while I'm round their house, I think she's actually mental, I'm not sure I've ever seen her doing anything else come to think of it [lol]

Post June 4th, 2005, 10:51 am

Before I always said I had no coordination or rythm, but I found that I did. I picked it up quite quickly. I think on average Ill play for 20-30 minutes every couple days or so. Nothing non-stop because Ill get frustrated.

I find usually guys end up being better at it than girls. Ive only seen a handful of girls that were actually good compared to a ton of guys who simply own on it.

Post June 4th, 2005, 11:24 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

wel you know, guys are just better at everything [:)][lol]

Post June 4th, 2005, 11:56 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Hey Real!

I love that game!!!! I have DDR Extreme for ps2 and i just have the standard pad but i hopeing to get a metal one!! My favorite song id problay Maximizer or A wich i AA both of them !

Post June 4th, 2005, 12:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

I also love the DDr. I have Dance Stage Fever and Dance Stage Megamix. My favourite song of all time is Paranioa 2000! :p Can't beat a up beat song! I have a hard and softmat so i can play double which is quite hard.

Post June 4th, 2005, 1:52 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Real, you're sick, i saw that game for one sec and i allready hate it....the only thing good at it is that i can play it in the queues cos my cellphone hasn't got any other games...

Post June 4th, 2005, 2:21 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Heh. Its quite a workout too.

damn right, I'll play for about 1 song, and I suck, and I'm so winded after it. I wish I was good, but I'm not, assuming xbox 360 is compatible with old xbox games, I might get that game when I do eventually get the 360, some time in the future, when it eventually comes out.

Post June 4th, 2005, 2:58 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by hyyyper

Real, you're sick, i saw that game for one sec and i allready hate it....the only thing good at it is that i can play it in the queues cos my cellphone hasn't got any other games...

It might mean that he has a different taste in games to you ..... I can't see how it might mean that he is in some way ill though [confused][lol]

Post June 4th, 2005, 2:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,231.00 Points

I'm a super DDR FREAK!! Once I played for 5hours straight NON-STOP!!!My legs were aching!

Post June 4th, 2005, 5:58 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points

That might be because you don't have to jump over all those arrows. Just point with your fingers on the right button. You kinda have the minimized version [:D]

I've never tried those things. I get the feeling, if i'm going to do it that everybody is going to watch me fail [lol] And buying one for @ home isn't also something i would do [:D]

Post June 4th, 2005, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 5,058.00 Points
Ima freak. Memorized Max 300 on PC and beat it with x4 speed on. :D

Post June 5th, 2005, 2:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,772.00 Points

Originally posted by The Edge

If i hadn't watched all the videos on themeparkreview.com i'd have no clue what you are talking about [lol]

Are you a member of Themeparkreview.com? I am.

I am obscessed with it. I like Maxx 300, Maxx Unlimited and Most Paranoia.
Some of the music is amazing.

Post June 5th, 2005, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

wel you know, guys are just better at everything [:)][lol]

You really believe that, do you?[stoning] LMAO

Anywho, I've seen DDR and it looks pretty cool. I haven't played it myself; I might get around to buying it one of these days.

Post June 6th, 2005, 4:06 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

meh... i dont really like ddr that much, but ITG is the best!! i know they are like simularish, but itg just looks better, and is harder too... i have a Afterburner pad at my house, and a uber cool version of stepmania too... its awesome!

Post June 7th, 2005, 6:29 am

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 7th, 2005, 7:33 am

Points on hand: 6,253.00 Points

I love DDR. At home, I play Dance With Intensity very often. I use a metal Dancing Platform, which i buyed from Lik-Sang.com

My best result was Max300 with "A"

Post June 7th, 2005, 8:32 am

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

OMG, I love DDR, i've known about it for a while, but just now people started talking about it in my town...half the people here are obsessed. I'm looking forward to getting one for my xbox and i never really looked at any high scores or anything...oh well.

Post June 8th, 2005, 2:47 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
DDR is quite fun IMO, my grandma bought one of these things for me and my sister a while back, and the funniest thing about DDR was watching my grandma do it [lol], but hyyyper we all have our opinions, and btw you should have kept that comment to yourself, because I see a pwning from Real ahead [;)] [lol]

Post June 8th, 2005, 2:50 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Everone has his own opinion right?, i guess not everyone likes KotOR the way i do....ppl we call me crazy for playing it 4 hours nonstop,

Post June 8th, 2005, 3:52 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points

Everone has his own opinion right?, i guess not everyone likes KotOR the way i do....ppl we call me crazy for playing it 4 hours nonstop,

Did I ever say that you shouldnt keep your opinion to yourself? All I was saying is that you shouldve kept that comment to yourself because, as all of us know, Real can come up with quite a comeback, and would basically just make a fool out of you...so Hyyyper next time get your facts straight. [;)]

Post June 8th, 2005, 4:02 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Well, then Real, go ahead make a fool out of me, cos i won't let anyone stop me from posting my opinion, Real posted he liked the game, i posted i didn't like the game (basicly). What's wrong with that then? Just because Real might make a fool out of me isn't stopping me posting my opinions...

Return to Off Topic Discussion