Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports SFGAm TR: 06,03

SFGAm TR: 06,03

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post June 10th, 2005, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Well, this is just an informative TR without pictures...so, if you were expecting pictures, you can leave now...but if you'd like to hear how things are running and the state of the park, you may stay.

Anyway, we went up last Friday with the rest of the band on our annual trip. We arrived at 10:30, but didn't get into the park until nearly 45 minutes later because of the giant logjam at the front entrance. Not a good sign. 45 minute lines would be expected for Raging Bull and Superman, but just the front entrance?? Well, anyway, we got in and headed for Viper, which was running pretty well. Some good air all around, but not as good as I remember it in previous years. Line about 25 minutes, so it wasn't a bad start.

Next up was Raging Bull, which was running nicely as usual, but I've found out this ride really doesn't do much for me after the excellent first drop, which provides great air in the back. But, again, the trims on the camel back were laid on heavily, and it really dampens that hill and the rest of the track up until the brakes. A fairly long ride, but just not that intense. About a 40 minute wait at that time. Rode 4 times, longest wait was about 55 minutes.

After a couple rides on Bull, we headed over for B:TR. And let me tell you, I absolutely love this ride now, for some reason. I highly recommend outside-right, back row for this thing. You really get whipped around the loops and corkscrews. Possibly my favorite in the park on this day. Lines were 40 minutes for both rides.

Took one ride on Superman: Ultimate Flight, and it was fun, but nothing special. The pretzel loop was great as always, but the rest really is a bit tame and quite short. Line was quite short, though, at around 30 minutes.

Overall, 4 rides on Raging Bull, 2 rides on Viper, 2 rides on B:TR, and one on Ultimate Flight...Nobody really wanted to do V2, which I would've liked to ride, as it's more fun than S:UF, IMO. Deja Vu was not operating at all during the day, which was just fine with me, as last year's ride on it cemented my feeling that it really just blows. The condition of the park was decent, not bad, but nothing really great. Really not impressed by the park any more, and the only 2 rides that I'd come to SF for are Viper and B:TR.

Post June 10th, 2005, 6:12 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Thats sucks that SF trims Raging Bull so much. It looks like it would be an awesome mega coaster without all those trims.

Post June 10th, 2005, 6:14 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Seems like you had a good day. Too bad with the trims on Bull.

Post June 10th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Yeah, it really is. I mean, that first large camel could deliver some totally amazing airtime, but instead, you just get a faint floating experience. I need to get to Indiana Beach....badly.

Post June 11th, 2005, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

The good thing about not having pictures in a trip report is that we can use our imaginations to view what the park must be like. However all i can imagine about the park is that its full of Umpa Lumpars

Post June 11th, 2005, 10:05 pm

Hehe...Yeah, well, that and the fact that there really isn't much to look at at SFGAm anyway.

Post June 12th, 2005, 12:33 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by McFly

Yeah, it really is. I mean, that first large camel could deliver some totally amazing airtime, but instead, you just get a faint floating experience. I need to get to Indiana Beach....badly.

I copy that Indiana Beach comment. Over and out.

Post June 12th, 2005, 12:54 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Too bad with the trims on Bull.

How did they come up with using trims anyways? What purpose do they serve other than taking away speed, and air?

Post June 12th, 2005, 6:07 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points

Post June 12th, 2005, 8:41 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Several reasons for trims. They are used on coasters to simply reduce the speed and therefore reduce the G force. Most coasters are built with the trims, its due to the public complaining and the park are forced to add them for health and safety reasons

Post June 12th, 2005, 3:24 pm

Plus, the trains take the course slower and don't destroy the track. But that's more the case with wooden coasters, not as much with steel tracks.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports