Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion space shot accident

space shot accident

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 12th, 2006, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,387.00 Points
i've come across some footage of an accident involving a space shot type ride in asia, i think. it appears the ride has stopped on the tower and a cherry picker crane with 2 people in it has gone up to talk to the passengers. the ride then descends and the wire type fence above the carriage of the ride collides with the cherry picker and knocks the 2 guys out of the cab from quite a height. Here's the link but BEWARE, it is quite graphic.

http://www.ugoto.com/videos/amusement-r ... wrong.html[:(]

pauly

Post January 12th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

nasty accident. looks pretty painful.

looks like either:-
the wires broke wich i would say is highly unlikely
the best explanation would be one of the seals on the air ram have worn thin and let out all the air.

whatever it is i bet the accident is due to poor repair and neglect to safty checks.

Post January 12th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
That was a tragic accident pore ppl that was testing out the ride b4 its was about to open i hope they are not sevear hurt

Post January 12th, 2006, 7:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

I saw this over on Theme Park Review a couple days ago, and it looks like there was nothing that went wrong with the ride, "just" that the boom lift (or whatever that is) fell over onto it. They probably E-stopped the ride which made it sit there for so long (probably not a very well mantained ride anyway.) From what I read there no one died, which actually makes the video a little easier to watch.

Return to Off Topic Discussion