Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL] Classic Woody

[NL] Classic Woody

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post June 12th, 2005, 2:57 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

hey all, this coaster isn't anything major or new or groundbreaking, I'm really just passing time until I get my new computer, when I will be able to start building big stuff again. Its quite a fun, classic little woody, based on "RollerCoaster" at Joyland USA. Well, its more than "based on" that ride, its more of an homage to it I guess, I have directly lifted parts of that ride and put it into this one, the two rides are extremely similar. I would have just made a recreation of "RollerCoaster", but I didn't know enough about the ride to build an accurate recreation and, I am happy with what I've ended up with anyway. The point of this topic is to find out what you woody fans think of it, I'm not a great woody fan myself, infact I know almost nothing about them, so I would like some woody enthusiast testers to step forward and tell me what they think of the ride. It certainly won't win any prizes for originality, but I was definitely not trying to make it original [lol].

Matt has already tested the ride, but I would like some other peoples views aswell [:)]

Here are a few pictures:

I'm quite pleased with the way it looks, but as someone that knows nothing about real woodies, I need someone who does, to tell me what they think of it, so if you are a woody fan and you would like to test it, please attach your email address to this thread and I'll send you the trackfile as soon as I can [:)]

P.S. I haven't got a name for it yet, if anyone wants to suggest one, then please feel free to do so

Post June 12th, 2005, 3:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

eddymob11@aol.com

My dads email so send it there and i will get it. Check out my rides, nearly all are woodies! [:D]

Post June 12th, 2005, 3:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post June 12th, 2005, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post June 12th, 2005, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post June 12th, 2005, 4:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Meh, i don't want it. Looks good though ;)

I sense it will be.

Post June 12th, 2005, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Gouldy, the nemesis of wooden coasters :O

Looks really nice though in seriousness. I would test it were it not for three small details. 1)I'm hardly an accomplished NL designer 2)I also know next to nothing about woodies, as no one seems to care about mine (*ahem*) 3) NL isnt actually available to me atm. Anyway, just wanted to say that to me, judging from the screnshots and your steel coaster work, i think it's probably a lot better than you think it is.

Can't wait to see it.

Post June 12th, 2005, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Nothing wrong with going out of your box and trying something new. Thats what I did and now I love building wooden coasters...

coasterreal@gmail.com wont be home till later

Post June 13th, 2005, 9:39 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Cheers guys, I'm just sending it off to you now [:)]

Post June 13th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Points on hand: 69.00 Points

Post June 13th, 2005, 12:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Post June 14th, 2005, 8:15 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post June 14th, 2005, 8:45 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
It looks like i'm a little bit late for being a tester, but I'll definitely check it out when you upload it. It's great to see another coaster from you Gouldy.

Return to Hard Hat Area