Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Your Single Favourite Band Of All Time?

Your Single Favourite Band Of All Time?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 18th, 2005, 6:41 am

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

LOL

I think that the reason music of today sucks so bad is because it does not have a sound that is long lasting. The music is too trendy, something that you'll listen to for like half a minute and then want to toss in the trash. What makes good music to me is something that stands the test of time and still sounds as great as when it was first released (Earth, Wind and Fire, Marvin Gaye, Level 42, U2, etc). I doubt very seriously that the music makers of today will have as great of an impact or last as long as the great musicians that came before. Maybe a few, but it's unlikely.

Post June 18th, 2005, 10:31 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

No slap, MOP loves "The Supremes" ... who does he think he is kidding. [lol]

Post June 18th, 2005, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

Talking about bands out of Seattle, Heart kicks butt too.
My Favorite is Nine Inch Nails. The butt kickinest ever!!!!!
Jane's Addiction is a close second.

And who said Brittany Spears could sing? She's one of the worst vocalist around. The only thing she's got going for her is that she's a good performer and she can snag headlines. She belongs in Vegas singing cover songs.

Post June 18th, 2005, 10:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,514.00 Points

Originally posted by The Edge
FYI, Neil Peart was voted as the worlds best rock drummer Then a whole bunch of guys ive never heard of
www.digitaldreamdoor.com

Do you mean you've never heard of Keith Moon, John Bonham, Mike Portnoy, Ringo Starr, Carl Palmer, or Alex Van Halen? That would be pretty sad. if you haven't, go here:
www.drummerworld.com
Woah! Got a little off topic. Sorry but I'm a drum freak.
Anyway, Led Zeppelin definently. Period. No Comments. End of story. No Competition.

Post June 18th, 2005, 10:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

i'm thinking beatles then queen trailing after
(sorry about all the forum posts, i don't want to get annoying :/)

Post June 18th, 2005, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Post June 19th, 2005, 1:28 am

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Good taste topthrillmaniac, [;)]...though, honestly, I wouldn't say John Bonham was quite in the same league as Neil Peart. Another great drummer is Carter Beauford, of the Dave Matthews Band. He has some amazing skills.

Post June 19th, 2005, 5:53 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by shortkid422

In Flames

Do you like their newer or older stuff more (or do you like all their music)? I think everything before Reroute To Remain was amazing, some of the best Melodic Death Metal ever created, but I just can't stand Reroute To Remain and Soundtrack To Your Escape. Too bad most Swedish metal bands are becoming so commercial (just look at Soilwork, for example). At least Dark Tranquillity haven't sold out yet!

Post June 19th, 2005, 7:50 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

I like alot of their older stuff, but I can stand some of the newer stuff. I'm waiting to see how Crawl Through Knives is, hopefully more of their older stuff but I doubt it. DT is also a good choice :).

Post June 19th, 2005, 9:23 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
This is kind of a hard question to answer. I like so many bands, but I guess I would have to say Led Zeppelin also. All of the members, while maybe not the best, were still very top notch. I agree about Neil Peart being a great drummer, but Geddy Lee's voice and the song lyrics seemed to ruin it for me. When I listen to rock music, I want to hear songs about sexy loose women and what could be done with them, not about driving your white haired uncle's car across the countryside. [lol]

Post June 19th, 2005, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points

Post June 19th, 2005, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

No Doubt or the Black Eyed Peas, their new Monkey Business CD is good.

Post June 19th, 2005, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Well, I see that so many of you have got it right with Zep, but I disagree with kev about Rush. They really are a great rock band, with some excellent songs. And Geddy Lee's voice is very unique and is immediately identifiable. His voice, and the uniqueness of the lyrics and song structures are what elevate Rush above the average 70s rock band.

Post June 19th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

no doubt is ok, i really like gwen stefani but no doubts music just kinda gets boring after a while. BEP on the other hand, is awsome (listening to their CD right now accually lol)

Post June 19th, 2005, 10:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,514.00 Points

Originally posted by Kev
but Geddy Lee's voice and the song lyrics seemed to ruin it for me.

I agree with McFly. Geddy Lee's voice is awesome. He can get it really high and still have a great rock voice (just like Bon Scott from AC/DC). Rush's song lyrics can get a little wierd though.

Post June 20th, 2005, 2:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Post June 21st, 2005, 12:01 am

Points on hand: 5,178.00 Points

My favorite band has to be The Police... "Don't Stand, Don't Stand So, Don't Stand So Close To Me..."

Post June 21st, 2005, 12:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion