Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Drayton Manor - 4D cinema?

Drayton Manor - 4D cinema?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 3rd, 2006, 3:16 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I'm not supposed to talk about this, but what kind of enthusiast would I be if I didn't? [lol] I work at Britanic Handling Systems, in Wolverhampton and we recently recieved an order from Simworx, who are based on the same industrial estate as us in Wolverhampton. The order was for a massive "grandstand" (of over a hundred seats), for a 4D cinema, including the seat fixtures (but not the seats themselves). But the order itself contained the words Drayton Manor several times, although I didn't read it, as I wasn't allowed to, I "noticed" it [lol]. I also watched the chief designer, designing the thing on Auto CAD Inventor, it looked rather large haha. So yeah, I thought I'd share that with you, it's not everyday you get a chance to build something for a theme park [:)] Anyway yeah, don't tell anyone! hahaha

Post February 3rd, 2006, 3:33 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

awesome [:D] Nice news gouldy. Well done for finding out. Oooooooo yay! Are you totally sure its a 4d cinema?

Post February 3rd, 2006, 3:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Post February 3rd, 2006, 3:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Dont forget that Drayton Manor is also planning to build a hotel and waterpark. It could simply be tiered seating for a conference room

Post February 3rd, 2006, 3:55 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post February 11th, 2006, 6:04 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
I went of loads of 4d simulators in Florida last month. R.L Steins lighthouse at BGT was a loads of absolute tosh!

Return to General Theme Park Discussions