Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Black Halo (Uploaded!)

Black Halo (Uploaded!)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

For my next project, I initially planned to do a gerstlauer 97* drop coaster. However, due to some layout issues, that didn't work out. I then scrapped that design, and started work on a B&M dive machine instead. But then I thought, why not both? The result was this; a B&M dive machine which goes even further beyond vertical than a Euro fighter does, up to 100 degrees.

Testers:
1: Jimmy Yoshi
2: Jakizle
3: Iron Man
4: CoAsTeRkRazY
5: SMer

Screenshots

Download
Last edited by Wing-Over on October 22nd, 2006, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:20 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

The overbank after the drop looks exactly like that blueprints style picture of a dive maching that is floating round on the net heh. Looks nice though, I won't test it though dude, don't like doing that ... too much pressure! [:O][lol] even though there is no pressure involved ...

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Looks interesting and fun. Are you planning on adding in some hidden brakes/transport segments to artificially slow the train down so that it doesn't have an unrealistic pacing problem with the short train?

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

jakeg797@aol.com

Looking great WingOver, your turning into one of the better designers thats able to push out rides every so often. Keep it up!

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

as forny said, looks nice. i assume you are doing 3ds on this, so i would suggest one thing for them. if it is done right. this can being interesting imo. like, where the station bottom is, have that as the ground level, and tunnel everything below it. if done correctly i think it can make it somewhat more interesting.

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:29 pm

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

Looks interesting and fun. Are you planning on adding in some hidden brakes/transport segments to artificially slow the train down so that it doesn't have an unrealistic pacing problem with the short train?

I think I might have to do that... It enters the MCBR a bit too fast at the moment, the problem is how to it that without having the spine extend away from the rails and mess up the crossties. I'll definitely do that if I have a water splashdown, it shouldn't be a problem there. I'll be sending the track out to everyone who volunteered so far later tonight.

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:45 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

^^Ah..I forgot that the spine also changes if you make the segment a brake or transport. Hm, not sure if you can avoid that.

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I'll take it for a test. I believe you have my e-mail, Wingy.

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:46 pm

Originally posted by ragan

as forny said, looks nice. i assume you are doing 3ds on this, so i would suggest one thing for them. if it is done right. this can being interesting imo. like, where the station bottom is, have that as the ground level, and tunnel everything below it. if done correctly i think it can make it somewhat more interesting.

Oh yeah, of course. I forgot to mention I'll be doing plenty of terrain for it too, most of it will come up the height of the station, but there will be some hills which will come up higher.

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Post February 16th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Post February 16th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Post February 16th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Ok, got it, and feedback sent. It's good!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I think Black Halo is better.

Post February 16th, 2006, 7:04 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points

Post February 16th, 2006, 7:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
hey wingover can i test?! sorry for asking so late i had to stay after school . . .coasterfreak3@comcast.net

Post February 17th, 2006, 3:41 am

Ok, fine. I've sent it to you Jakizle.
I'll be putting a 3ds chain over the holding brake, to make it look more realistic. From what I've seen on Oblivion (I don't know if sheikra is any different) sometimes the train stops and sometimes it just moves really slowly, I think it depends on the weight of the riders.
I'll be making a few changes to it, and starting on the second half once I get evryone's responses.

Post February 17th, 2006, 5:19 am

Points on hand: 985.00 Points
Could you send it to me please before you put 3d's in because they dont work with mme robbieshenton12@gmail.com

Post February 17th, 2006, 10:36 am

Sorry, I've already made one allowance, and 6 testers is more than enough. Maybe next time.[;)]

Post February 18th, 2006, 12:54 pm

I very brief update now, I've added a prelift section. http://nldc.interfix.net/i10835 So far, it's pretty close between the names, but I think Black Halo is slightly infront. It's probably gonna be a while before I finish this one, I'm having a go at the match up contest, so depending on how well I do it could end up being on hold for a quite while. I definitely plan on finishing it some day.

Post February 18th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
basiclly like shiekras but its nice to bad we might have to wait a while for this one[:(] if you need any suggestions for anything i can help[^]

Post February 18th, 2006, 1:27 pm

WingOver I bet you've recieved my reply. Nice coaster man!

Post July 23rd, 2006, 10:43 am

No, this project isn't dead, despite being over 5 months old. As I promised, I'm continuing with this again now that the NL tournament is over. As you might expect, I've learnt a few new techniques over this time. So the whole thing has been redone, including a couple of new elements. More on that later.

Also, since I first started this, I've been to Florida and ridden Sheikra for myself. Having this first-hand experience has given me a much clearer idea of how a Dive Machine should ride, as well as quite a few ways to make it more realistic. This is what inspired me most to restart this, instead of just forgetting about it and starting something else.

Now, on to the modifications. Everything is now generally faster, more forceful, better-shaped, and basically more intense. I changed the holding brake to a chain, with some tweaking from the construction kit. The first half now includes a brief airtime hill, followed by a curving climb up to the MCBR, which is now behind the first drop. This leaves much more space for the second half, which is still to be constructed. The name has been finalised to Black Halo, along with the logo. (See the front page if you haven't done so already)

One final note, I'm going to be releasing this for testing again soon, once I get the second half done. Could all those who sent replies for the first version (Check the list on the front page) please let me know if you're still interested in having a look at this version. If your email adress has changed, please tell me so I don't send it to one you no longer use. Thanks.

New Screenshots

Post July 23rd, 2006, 11:03 am

I'll still take a look. Same e-mail, PM when sent.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area