Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Star Wars coaster

Star Wars coaster

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 2nd, 2005, 7:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Heh, yea I knew it was going to be a single pane graphic effect.

It didnt take me long to devise it or create it. I think it was simply getting it to look exactly like I wanted it. But I realized the concept when playing around with single sided objects.

Post May 2nd, 2005, 7:32 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I guess I should just use Object Creator for when I need to get textures to line up, for panoramic backgrounds, and Anim8or for creating the more complex objects.

Post May 4th, 2005, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

I guess, but it sounds like its going to be pretty cool. Just have to wait mabye... 2..3..years..[:D]

Bah, shouldnt take you that long. but still long indeed.

Post May 5th, 2005, 12:49 pm
cjd

Here are a couple of screenshots of the Tatooine environment. In the second one, you can see what I meant about the difference in color of the panels. If anyone has an idea about how to correct this, let me know.

Post May 6th, 2005, 11:11 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points

Post May 6th, 2005, 11:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,751.00 Points

Post May 30th, 2005, 1:27 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
hey cjd, any progress?
i've got a nice idea, why don't you make a transport/lift section with the opeing scroll on the floor....to make a nice introduction or something...

Post May 31st, 2005, 1:03 pm
cjd

The opening credits will be in the coaster description. I have not made further progress, because I have been busy unpacking, working, and going park hopping for the last 2 weeks. I am just now beginning to settle down a little bit, and I will get back to work as soon as possible.

Post July 5th, 2005, 5:00 pm
cjd

UPDATE:

It has been forever since I have posted any updates about this massive coaster project... well, here is the scoop.

Progress:

-Conceptual design is finalized
-Tatooine horizon texture problem has been fixed.
-Mos Eisley Space Port is now under construction
-Luke's Farm is complete
-Rock cliffs nearly done
-Total progress: 4% completed.

NEW FEATURES:

I have decided to add a soundtrack to the coaster, which can be played in unison with the ride's motion to generate a truly authentic Star Wars adventure. You will not only see the characters and the action sequences... you will hear them too.

There will be several narrative scenes, like the attack briefing for the Death Star, and the final scene where Luke and Han get medals. Overall, it will almost be like an interactive version of Star Wars, where you are in the adventure.

Well, that's about it for now. I will post some screenshots and updates soon. As soon as the Tatooine scene is completely finished, a few months from now, I will be ready for a few testers. Stay patient... I want to make sure that this ride is worth the wait.

Post July 6th, 2005, 1:38 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
well....your making a starwars coaster....so, how bad can it be?

Post April 23rd, 2006, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post April 23rd, 2006, 11:40 am
cjd

^Not testers yet. I don't have anything that's really worth showing.

The only update is that I finally figured out a way to solve the issue with the Tatooine sky, and a way to make the launch into space look realistic. I have not abandoned this project by any means... it's just that I've been pre-occupied with Adrenaline Land stuff recently. I was inspired by the SW Hangar coaster that was posted a while ago, as it had a nice feel to the space flight section which I am hoping to capture on a huge scale for this coaster.

Anyway, progress has been very slow lately and I'm not going to be ready for testers until the Death Star escape sequence is involved. I'm still working on Mos Eisley Space Port, which is basically just a low-speed tour, so don't expect me to really start hyping and offering tests for another few months. Once I move away from Tatooine and into space, that is when thigs really get interesting.

Check back in August if you are still interested in testing then.

Post April 23rd, 2006, 11:43 am

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area