Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion London Blasts

London Blasts

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 7th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
LOL TJ, Salvation army. hehe.

Well this attack really scares me. The attacks in Spain last year were 3 blocks from my sisters apartment, and they were at the station she took EVERY day to school. We were sitting up all night waiting for a call from her. That was pretty deep for me. All of you with loved ones in London, I feel for you.

Post July 7th, 2005, 6:21 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Originally posted by TConwell

Canada? Shoot, on a good day our Salvation Army can kick your butts! [lol]

You would be surprised how much power we have. It is rarely shown to the public, but I have seen some of the inner workings. [;)]
Did you know we are the only modern navy in the world that can fully integrate our ships into a US battle group? I could go on....lol

Anyway, this kind of poop sucks. But people will move on and grow stronger.

Post July 7th, 2005, 7:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
What happened is very sad. I'm wondering about the scope of the attacks. Which underground stations were hit? Were the bombs on the trains, in the station or on people?

Note: If any Americans have ever visited parts of Europe and noticed that there aren't many trash cans it is because people put bombs in trashcans. Europe has much more experience with terrorism than the U.S.

Post July 7th, 2005, 7:23 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Team America has pissed off the world once again. Funny tconwell, you brought up the "War on terrorism". Those guys said they did it because of the War on terrorism. That came back to bite ya'll in the ass, didn't it?

Blow up Canada? Have at er, we got nothing worth blowing up.

Post July 7th, 2005, 8:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Post July 7th, 2005, 8:38 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Ah, more back biting from MOP [lol] -- however, I seem to remember us being bombed before any war started .... so let's get a grip on reality and remember why we are at war now, eh?

[lol] @ FN ... I was merely making a funny.
Nothing but respect and no offense meant to our (most unguarded border) neighbors to the North.

Post July 7th, 2005, 8:47 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

but remember tcon, WE bombed iraq to hell for no reason. we were just finishing bush seniors failed task.

Post July 7th, 2005, 9:11 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

I never said they crashed planes into the WTC because of the "war on terror" now did I?

I said THIS act of terrorism was because of that poor excuse of a "war". The UK government supports it, now their subways blow up.

Yep, that "war on terror" sure helped a lot!

Post July 7th, 2005, 9:16 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Like I said, they'll use anything to justify blowing up people. And the amount of terrost cells are so large it will take years to take them down a small enough ammount where stuff like this doesn't happen. But I think the best way to fight terrorism is to show that people will not be influenced by acts of terrerism from terrorists. You keep on doing what you want to do. And maybe one day, terrorist will learn that they can do whatever they want, but people will still not be dictated by them.
[/quote]
Blow up Canada? Have at er, we got nothing worth blowing up.
[/quote]
Drop a nuke/dirty bomb on a farm like the one you work on and it sends radiation to a whole bunch of different farms, crippling your economy. May not kill you, but the radiation could, and the radiation would definately make the soil unfit for farming.

Post July 8th, 2005, 5:22 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

England (and Britain, sorry I hate that), is almost completely back to normal now, apart from the greeving families, I think this is as far away now from most peoples minds as if it had never happened. Most of the underground routes are back up and running and back to normal, the buses around London are all back on, people are just going about their daily business like yesterday was like any other day. It does just prove that what Mr. Blair said yesterday, FOR ONCE, was actually true.

People have said about how they set out to kill human life yesterday, I'm not sure that was the plan. Obviously they weren't bothered if people died in the process, but I think the idea of these bombs was to just bring the entire of London to a stand still and cripple the transport system, which they succeeded in doing for all of ..... 6 hours.

I'm not sure this is the last attack on the UK if I'm honest (not that I'm scared of another attack) because the terrorists said before that they wanted to cripple our transport system, our hospitals and our schools. Having said that, judging by that, they've obviously never been to England, otherwise they'd know how completey fecked up the transport system, hospitals and schools already are [lol] ... how are they gonna make them worse? Run for government?

I just hope that the terrorists see just how little this attack has actually affected the people of Britain. Although that might only spur them on to being a much bigger attack, which wouldn't be good .... but you can't live in fear of attacks like this otherwise the terrorists will have won, because thats the whole point of the attacks, to make people scared and so on. I was in town with my mates last night, in the pub, and one of my mates parents phoned him up and said "stay away from Birmingham tonight, just incase anything happens", we all had to have a bit of a laugh about that, because as soon as you start saying things like that, then the terrorists have won.

Post July 8th, 2005, 7:33 am

Originally posted by ragan

but remember tcon, WE bombed iraq to hell for no reason. we were just finishing bush seniors failed task.

What??? Ummm, that is a nice stretch of wording that the Democrats tried in late September to get Kerry elected and it did not work, what makes you think it would hold honest validity here? I don't mean to sound crass guys snd take anything away from the actual incident and those grieving over it, but in any conflict there will be retaliation -- too bad the retaliation is in the form of cowardly, supposed covert (to use a word loosely) acts.

Post July 8th, 2005, 10:28 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lets not bring politicians into this. Let me say this loud in clear, "Politicans Suck." Politics is so corrupt these days that even why some one tries to do something good, the other side will just turn around and overun it, or vedoe, ect. Instead of fighting for a better America, they're fighting to make themselves the better political party. So basically what I'm saying is leave stupid political remarks like

out of this topic. Who cares. If Bush says he had a reason, then he had a reason, obviously his reason couldn't have been more wrong, but it was a risk he felt was neccisarry to insure the safety of US. And now we're basically fighting a war on terrorism and no longer a war in Iraq. And the fact is, it happened, you can't change that, and Bush got elected for a 2nd term, and you can't change that unless he does something horrible and gets impeached for. So just stop bashing the republican side or the democrat side, they're just as bad as the other.

Post July 8th, 2005, 11:49 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,898.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Originally posted by ragan

What??? Ummm, that is a nice stretch of wording that the Democrats tried in late September to get Kerry elected and it did not work, what makes you think it would hold honest validity here? I don't mean to sound crass guys snd take anything away from the actual incident and those grieving over it, but in any conflict there will be retaliation -- too bad the retaliation is in the form of cowardly, supposed covert (to use a word loosely) acts.

[start sarcasm]
MoP, Shut up, can't you see we found the shitload upon shitload of weapons of mass destruction? I mean that is what started this war, weapons of mas destruction, so leave Tconwell alone cuz we found them!
[/end sarcasm]
give me a break, don't be blinded by your line of work to not see through the man and see his real intentions for the war.

Post July 8th, 2005, 11:50 am

Originally posted by thecool326

So just stop bashing the republican side or the democrat side, they're just as bad as the other.
And more fodder to give weight to the argument: "opinions vary". However Cool, while your points are well merited, I think that perhaps you are very correct here. Thank you for pointing it out that we have lost sight of the issue - a wee bit inflamatory IMO, but correct nevertheless.

Post July 8th, 2005, 11:55 am
Founding Member
Founding Member

Drop a nuke/dirty bomb on a farm like the one you work on and it sends radiation to a whole bunch of different farms, crippling your economy. May not kill you, but the radiation could, and the radiation would definately make the soil unfit for farming.

Really? If they nuked or bombed us we'd be in trouble. NO WAY [:O]

[lol]

I'm really worried about that. Because we all know terrorists want to take out the farmers in Canada. We are the ones who started all the crap overseas.

Plus if someone did drop a nuke on my farm, I really wouldn't care, since I'd probably be dead. Along with the good ol Americans that live 7 miles from where I'm sitting right now.

I heard terrorists always attack towns with population of 200 and empty fields to "cripple the economy". No wait, they target large buildings and cities, aka WTC and London subways.

Get a clue man.

Post July 8th, 2005, 12:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

This is why i say bring back Monarcy rule. English Kings and Queens plain kicked ass. I mean, you steal - you get your hands chopped off, you curse - you have your tongue cut out. Discipline back in those days was |337

Post July 8th, 2005, 12:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Hmm the death toll has rose to 50 now, but still the people of London are standing strong and are going about their daily business again as usual.

Post July 8th, 2005, 12:29 pm

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

[start sarcasm]
MoP, Shut up, can't you see we found the shitload upon shitload of weapons of mass destruction? I mean that is what started this war, weapons of mas destruction, so leave Tconwell alone cuz we found them!
[/end sarcasm]
give me a break, don't be blinded by your line of work to not see through the man and see his real intentions for the war.
Gotta love sarcasm [lol] ....
Oh, and by the way -- enjoy the freedom you have to use it -- it wasn't really "free" to get nor is it free for us to maintain. Sleep tight.

(Some more non-sarcasm for your files ... [;)])

Post July 8th, 2005, 1:03 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points

Like I said, they'll use anything to justify blowing up people. And the amount of terrost cells are so large it will take years to take them down a small enough ammount where stuff like this doesn't happen. But I think the best way to fight terrorism is to show that people will not be influenced by acts of terrerism from terrorists. You keep on doing what you want to do. And maybe one day, terrorist will learn that they can do whatever they want, but people will still not be dictated by them.

That's one way of looking at it. Here's another: You CAN fight terrorists. You can shoot them, bomb them, imprison them, etc. The thing that you CAN'T physically fight is the emotions that created these terrorists in the first place. Everyday, the ones that have been eliminated have been replaced by even more people who have been angered to the point that they can't take it anymore and feel that they have to do something to protect their way of life. Am I saying that what they are doing is right? Not at all! But that is what's going on. Regarding the war on terror, do you think that having two countries in the middle east (three, if you count Israel) that is controlled by the US and its allies has improved the morale of the people in the middle east? I really don't think it has. They don't hate us out of jealousy...they hate us because of our overbearing presence in their region, which they feel is a threat to their way of life. Think about what it would be like if the tables were turned. I personally love being an American! I would NOT be happy though if there was an overwhelming Saudi Arabian government presence here, especially if that government had influence over American policies.

My two cents on the continuing situation. Also notice that I did not mention any world leader's names, since I feel that this situation is way beyond the control of any one individual. I would also like to say that I DO respect your opinions, along with everybody else's. I hope that you can respect mine as well.

Post July 8th, 2005, 1:46 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Gotta love sarcasm [lol] ....
Oh, and by the way -- enjoy the freedom you have to use it -- it wasn't really "free" to get nor is it free for us to maintain. Sleep tight.

(Some more non-sarcasm for your files ... [;)])

Yet you miss the entire point and start blabbering on the cost of freedom. Good way to dodge the truth, something of a habit with Bush.

Post July 8th, 2005, 3:49 pm

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

Yet you miss the entire point and start blabbering on the cost of freedom. Good way to dodge the truth, something of a habit with Bush.

... Not too mention the exemplified example of finger pointing of those against Bush.
Good on ya.
And no, I did not miss the point of your babbling ... however, you apparently do not understand someone deciding that your comment has no validity and therefore has decided to not give it a response.

Post July 8th, 2005, 4:50 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post July 9th, 2005, 1:56 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I'm really worried about that. Because we all know terrorists want to take out the farmers in Canada. We are the ones who started all the crap overseas.

well, it was stupid but still. None of it would have ever happened if Ben Ladin didn't keep on trying to blow us up. He's gone after the WTC several times before.

Post July 9th, 2005, 6:28 am

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
War - Good
Reasons For War - Bad
Lie about reasons for war - Bad
Result so far of War - Medium to Good

London - Good
Bombing - Bad
Deaths - Bad
Solidarity - Good

Everyone's opinion - Valid

Carl - Finished, make of it what you will.

(A brief interlude from my essays)

Post July 9th, 2005, 4:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion