Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions B&M Official website!

B&M Official website!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 8th, 2005, 3:28 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post July 8th, 2005, 5:15 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
about time too, i though i was stupid enough not to find the site...

Post July 8th, 2005, 5:30 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

its not an amazing website is it, all the pictures open up as stupid popups that make my computer crash cus its gay.

I'd looked for a B&M website before on google and stuff and just thought that it must have a really obscure name or something, I guess I just assumed that they already had a website.

Post July 8th, 2005, 5:31 am

Points on hand: 99.00 Points
I think it's not a very good site. It doesn't has much info about what B&M does.

Post July 8th, 2005, 5:58 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Simply terrible. Looks as though its been created by a 13yr old. I would have expected with al the money they must be making to at least get a professional web site design

Post July 8th, 2005, 6:32 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
guys, at least be happy there is one now! First you all were complaining there wasn't a site and now it's that the site looks done by a 13 yrs old boy. So what? At least now people can find some contact information.

Post July 8th, 2005, 6:51 am

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

And it's not like B&M actually need a website is it!? We're not shopping for baked beans here but multi-million $ coasters...

Surely their reputation speaks for itself, and as for try-before-you-buy...[pshades]

Post July 8th, 2005, 7:08 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

all the manufactors sites are craps, mostly a show off from their coasters, and a contact button...

Post July 8th, 2005, 9:05 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

would be nice though if they had some videos or something, or perhaps just a little more information about the rides that they've built and their loacations. I didn't look before, but is there a full list of all their coaster on there? Because there should be if there isn't, with information about them all and possibly some small videos ... would just be nice is all.

Post July 8th, 2005, 10:13 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
HAAAAAAA ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! finally they have a website thats gonna be my new favorite!

EDIT!

Checked it out not that great

Post July 8th, 2005, 10:25 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
You arent going to find them giving out any secrets either or handing out any more stats than what we find on RCDB. It will mostly be a place for parks and companies looking into them to see what they have but you would have to contact them to get anything and even with that youd have to be legit.

Post July 8th, 2005, 10:42 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by The Edge

Simply terrible. Looks as though its been created by a 13yr old. I would have expected with al the money they must be making to at least get a professional web site design

I was thinking the same, at first I was thinking, wow they finally got enough money to make a website, now it looks like a cheap website job. Doesn't really have much except for pictures, it looks more like an on line brochure. I think Gravity Group has the best site, personally, with the nicest engineers.

Post July 8th, 2005, 10:53 am

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

almost all of the coaster companies site's out there sucks.

intamin's sucks.
B&M's sucks.
S&S's sucks.
vekoma's is ok.
and apparently GG's is good.

it might seem like they need to spend big money on a vancy site, but they really dont when you think about it. there products speak for themselves.

Post July 8th, 2005, 11:50 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

If you actually think about it though all the site needs to do is make their rides look nice. Nothing more nothing less. To get actually info you have to contact them, meaning only parks can actually get the info. I think the site is okay, it does what it is set out to do.

I must admit the GG site is good, they provided lots of pics and stuff of Hades while it was being built, but i think that was more to get some recognition. It was like them saying, "This is who we are, and what we can do. We can make awesome coasters!!!!!" LOL.

I dont like the Intamin site, the photos of the rides arent even impressive. And the S&S one used to take forever to load.

Post July 8th, 2005, 12:53 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by ragan

vekoma's is ok.

vekoma WAS good, they used to have blueprints a few years ago....not anymore, to bad

Post July 9th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Tell me why they suck.

Try to look at it from the companies point of view, not ours.

Post July 9th, 2005, 12:57 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

maybe some background info, more challensing design, list of coaster built, 3d-models could be nice...

Post July 9th, 2005, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
i think you mean WOULD be nice acctully it would be very nice

Post July 9th, 2005, 5:07 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

i think you mean WOULD be nice acctully it would be very nice

i do mean that

Post July 9th, 2005, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,694.00 Points
...I'm thirteen and I could make a better site. It must be designed by an 8-year-old.

Post July 9th, 2005, 11:56 pm

Originally posted by hyyyper

maybe some background info, more challensing design, list of coaster built, 3d-models could be nice...

Who needs the background info on the site?

Challenging design? Ever take any design classes? Anyone who has knows that simplicity is the #1 thing when designing. They accomplish this very well. Its how you tell an 8 year old from an accomplished designer.

List of coasters? They do have a list of the types. No need for every single ride they make. If any park is interested they will most likly get the other examples sent to them as References.

3d models are pointless.

Again, look at this from not a coaster enthusiast but from their perspective. All they need is something to say "Hey, we build roller coasters. We build these types. Contact us for more information"

Frankly, Im sure most parks know about them anyways. Their reputation precedes them.

Post July 10th, 2005, 4:21 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

background info: what the company actually is, their history
degisn: more like rcdb, if you get what i mean
list of coaster: so pll and parks can see which coaster are from them and get ideas for their future coasters
3d-models: to give an impression of what the rides look like

and your absolutly right about the rep., if i was a themepark i'd know about b&m even without the site...

Post July 10th, 2005, 9:46 am

You are still not looking at it from a parks point of view. You want details which are pointless. Thats why they have a "contact" page.

Plus, have you ever emailed them or noticed how secretive the companies are? What they do is highly lucrative. I would be the same way if I was a company as such.

The only thing I could remotely see on the site is some background info but its irrelevant. List of rides still doesnt make sense and especially 3d models. How hard is it to obtain pictures and video of their rides? You can get it anywhere, ESPECIALLY if you are a park. You can get B-Roll footage without much problem. Same for media.

Post July 10th, 2005, 10:06 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

allright allright, you win, but i still think they should consider doing us a favor, where basically their fans ;)

and what's a B-Roll?

Post July 10th, 2005, 10:56 am

B-Roll footage is normally just footage taken by the park or the parks own collection of footage.

Most all parks have POV of every ride in their park along with various shots. They hand it out to the media in the event they want some footage to play on the news.

They "could" help us out with information but as I said, they are stingy and I dont blame them. They do highly lucrative work and the only ones who get the details are those involved with them. Unless you can disect stuff like we do then we grab bits and peices from them.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions