Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Stealth Pov's

Stealth Pov's

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 30th, 2006, 2:55 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post March 30th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

see you in 3 years Big John after you get out of prison
[edit]- but after watching rollercoaster pros one that looks awthentic because its stable and the camera is in th dead center. that may be one thats got permision
Making screams come true

Post March 30th, 2006, 3:02 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next to the coaster force one as well, it says they had permission to take the camera on.... WTF?!

The guy wouldn't even let us film in the station, let alone on the love train!?

Post March 30th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
DROOOOOLLLLL [:D][:D][:D]

Quote from the site!
"""NOTE: The ride operator granted permission for the secured camera to be taken on."""

All you had to do was ask for a secure camera gaz, or did you???

Post March 30th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

where the hell do i get a secure camera.
Making screams come true

Post March 30th, 2006, 4:06 pm

Points on hand: 226.00 Points
People, just e mail the park and ask them. If you just go and try they wont let you. Take it though the right channels to get permission. W asked BGA to get permission to get an On ride of there coaster, they said no. They did give us there footage that they have. Take it though the right channels and you can get them. Its not that hard.

Post April 1st, 2006, 5:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

Next to the coaster force one as well, it says they had permission to take the camera on.... WTF?!

The guy wouldn't even let us film in the station, let alone on the love train!?

Its called clout. Robb Alvey will do the same thing. When you own a huge website with professional photos like that of RCP - then all you need to do is prove that you generate traffic to your site (considerable) and that in turn you generate publicity for the park then you can do this sort of thing.

You just need credentials - something not many, if anyone here has. I would like to try for type of "status" after another year or two worth of photographs and getting them somewhere where they generate alot of traffic.

Post April 1st, 2006, 5:35 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

RCP doesnt get much traffic, we get a hell of alot more on here. Source www.alexa.com

Alright videos, doesnt look too great a ride from the videos but i'm sure its awesome in real life

Post April 1st, 2006, 6:58 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post April 1st, 2006, 8:33 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Its not just traffic in general. Its noteriety. His pictures are well known as some of the best (next to mine of course :P)

The traffic just helps. I couldnt open up a web gallery of coaster pictures then expect a park to look at me and say "Yea, hes legit". I need people behind me and I need the traffic plus a good following to make that happen.

How do you think some sites get access to media events and others dont? Your content. You have to offer quality content and generate traffic because of it.

You could have a ton of traffic on your site - like this one. But if its not for the right reasons (Video/Photography) then it means nothing.

Post April 1st, 2006, 9:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

I would like to try for type of "status" after another year or two worth of photographs and getting them somewhere where they generate alot of traffic.
A year or two? That ought to be enough time for what I want to do ... call me when you are ready Anthony.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions