Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions 2005 Coaster Draft

2005 Coaster Draft

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 27th, 2005, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

The 2005 WWS/CC Coaster Draft!!!

Ok if anybody has any questions or concerns, just post them here and I'll answer any questions that you have about the 2005 coaster draft. The draft will start sometime in September and coasters that opened this year (Hades, Hydra, SheiKra, Kingda Ka, etc) will be included in the draft.

Object and Order of Events: First we will have everyone sign up. There are only 10 slots, so jump in ASAP. Next I will randomly choose the order of the first round of choosers. We will go down the list from 1-10 with each person choosing a coaster of their desire. After we have been through all 10 people, we will do it again with a reorganized list of people. We repeat the process until each person has 12 coasters in their park. Then, we will start the voting.

Just to go over a few of the important rules:

Banned: If for any reason you are banned during the draft, you will forfeit any picks that come up during the time you are banned, no exceptions. Also, if it is a permanent ban, you are eliminated from the draft. So stay out of trouble.

Coasters: Coaster can be from anywhere and they must be active coasters. If a coaster is experiencing downtime, this does not mean it's not considered an active coaster. But if a coaster has not run in over a year or so or is not even standing any longer, it's not active. Also, once a coaster has been picked, you may not pick it. However, if there are clones of that coaster, you can pick those. Be specific in what coaster you pick by also naming the park it resides at.

24 hours: When it is your selection, you have 24 hours from when the person before you has selected their coaster to pick your coaster. Also, depending on the situation, if I see that you are online and posting elsewhere and are neglecting to check the Coaster Draft, I will PM or IM you to remind you it is your turn. If you still haven't picked within a six hour span, the next person will be able to choose.

You can't be online all the time: If for some reason, you think that you won't be online during your pick because of any reason, PM or email me at coastercraverjim@msn.com your selection of coasters in the order that you would want them and I will pick for you on your behalf. It also helps if I have your MSN s/n. Feel free to IM me if you need anything.

Voting: The winner will be determined by voting from any WWS/CC member. Members will PM me their choice of the top 2 parks giving them points based on their order. The first park on their list gets 100pts, and 2nd 50. I will add up the points and the person with the most in the end, WINS!

Sign-up will begin on Friday night. Please post any questions you have before then, if you have a question after Friday, PM me it. If this goes well and everybody likes it, it will become an annual event.

Credit for the idea goes out to Coasterlove from TN.

Thanks for participating,
Jimmy
Last edited by jimths08 on August 1st, 2005, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 27th, 2005, 4:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Why only coasters from within the USA?

I'll sign up though.

Post July 27th, 2005, 4:48 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
just some questions.
- For what simulation is this?
- What are we actually suppost to do?

Post July 27th, 2005, 4:57 pm

I fixed the USA coasters thing FN, that was something I overlooked. Coasters can be from anywhere as long as they've operated since June 1st 2004.

Dirk, its not for any simulation. Its just normal real-life coasters. What your trying to do is make the best theme park with a variety of real coasters. They can be from any park. Just imagine that your taking a coaster from one park and putting it in yours. After everybody (if nobody forgets to choose) has 12 coasters in their park, the members of WWS/CC that weren't in the draft will individually vote on their 3 favorite parks based on the variety of coasters included and if they like the coasters included in the park. I will then tally up the scores and post the top 2 parks.

Also, If you want to join, PM or Email me saying "I'm in the 2005 Coaster Draft."

Post July 27th, 2005, 5:13 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
wow, this is a really wierd game. I won't join, i'm away for august so no thanks.

Post July 27th, 2005, 6:12 pm

I know its new to this site yea, but once it gets going for a round, its really simple and straightforward. All you have to do is pick a coaster you like when its your turn.

Also, just for incentive, I might put up a prize. Maybe a $20 gift card or something little like that. Just to get people to join it.

Post July 27th, 2005, 7:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

O_o did you get the contest game fever last night or something? LOL

Post July 27th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post July 27th, 2005, 7:23 pm

No, it came from thrillnetwork.

It does seem pointless when reading it but the doing it is different.

Post July 27th, 2005, 8:41 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

"i will NOT enter this sounds so pointless"

"No, it came from thrillnetwork."

hmmm, i think TN and pointless are one in the same ;) i really didnt understand this there, and i still dont over here. doesnt make sense either, TN and CC are the same age group, but TN seems to be more into REAL coasters then CC, as people here are more into simulations. just my opinion though.

Post July 27th, 2005, 9:22 pm

Thats true and I noticed that alot. Much more based on vids and sims, but a game doesn't hurt much. And I'm sure you can all name 12 coasters that you would choose to have in your "perfect park".

Theres nothing to lose, the most you have to do is think of a ride you like, and post it. If you don't like it, just quit. All that will happen is we'll move to the next person.

I agree its hard to get the concept of it but once you do, its a breeze. At this point in the game, all you have to do is send me an email or PM saying you want to join, and your in! Next just name a coaster you like! If you read the rules, it states I'll PM you a reminder if your still active on the site. Meaning that if your posting elsewhere on WWS, then I'll send you an email reminding you that its your turn. Simple. Then the voting comes. This is from people who weren't a player of the game. We get 3 winners out of that and its over! IDK, maybe admin will award points to the winners or something to make it more of a contest on who can make the best park.

No sims are involved, just you picking a coaster you like when its your turn.

Post July 27th, 2005, 10:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Forgive my ignorance ... but what is the point of this game? I mean, really ... because one site has it does it have to be elsewhere?

Note: I am just asking jimths08 so before your panties get too far up your groin you have time to pull them out before it hurts you -- I was just wondering so don't take offense.

Post July 27th, 2005, 10:22 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ its something to do, thats the only point!Insert
Sign me up![pshades]

Post July 27th, 2005, 10:26 pm

Exactly, there is no heat over it. Its a game and something to laugh over. I don't take offense to what TConwell said because I said the same thing as all you others did; "no point", "weird". Then I got into it, and its fun! There is also strategy. You don't want all B&M in your park do you? NO! You want Intamin, Arrow, CCI, Vekoma, CGI, and B&M. Variety gets you a better chance of winning. And someone else might get your coaster before you do so you have to choose carefully. You can trade with each other and stuff.

Post July 27th, 2005, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2005, 8:49 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2005, 9:40 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,953.00 Points
So we can pick any ride from any time as long as it operating.
SIGN ME UP!!!

Post July 28th, 2005, 12:27 pm

Man this site is really biased towards other sites... I like this site but I also like TN.

I allready signed you up Dugie...

Post July 28th, 2005, 12:54 pm

O yea i forgot that i seny u a PM yesterday. But u didn't answer my question. You can pick and coaster as long as its operating.

Post July 28th, 2005, 1:10 pm

OOO, I thought that was a statement, like thats why you signed up. Yes you can pick any coaster in the world as long as its operated since June 1, 2004. You can choose The Dragon Wagon if you were really desperate.

Post July 28th, 2005, 1:49 pm

Points on hand: 226.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2005, 2:40 pm

OK thank for all the help can't wait for it to start

Post July 28th, 2005, 3:30 pm

Well, the sooner we get 10 people to sign up, the sooner it starts. There has to be at least 10 people but the more, the better. If we don't have 10 by Aug 10th, we'll start with however many we have. So far we've got 5. thats 50% of what we need and its only been 1 day so we should have enough by the 10th.

Post July 28th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions