Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster How to make loops?

How to make loops?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post July 16th, 2005, 9:22 am

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
I can make a loop, but the segments keep spinning when I am going vertical so they keep the coaster in a normal position, instead of upside down. So the coaster goes on the top of the loop instead of inside it.

So what is the trick to make the segments upside down? Do I have to use some kind of special (steel?) rails that allows me to go upside down?

Post July 16th, 2005, 9:42 am

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Thanks, that was a quick answer.

Well, another question, where can I learn the lingo (banking, pumping,etc.)? I tried to google these terms but couldn't find a site explaining all these terms...

Post July 16th, 2005, 10:30 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Banking is the bank of the track. Corners are normally banked (save slow sections and wooden coasters) and straight track isnt.

Heartlining is when the track rotates around the riders heart position in order to reduce laterals.
Example: http://nldc.interfix.net/i1265
Notice how the track moves out and around the path of the riders heart (right around where the camera is)
NoLimits Example: http://www.real-coasters.com/dl/heartline_guide.zip
Inside are 2 examples - one proper one not.

Pumping is a phenomanon where the track radius changes more than twice over a certain element (single turn, single loop, etc). This can be seen by watching from the back of the train. If when it goes through a turn the front of the train seems to wiggle (pump side to side) thats pumping.
For a hill, if the train seems pull more than once while going up and over, thats also a pump.
NoLimits Example: http://www.real-coasters.com/dl/pump.zip
First hill is how it SHOULD look. Second Hill is how it should NOT look.

That should cover those common terms.

Post July 16th, 2005, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

also to add to reals comments on hartlines:
http://www.rcdb.com/ig1412.htm?picture=19 that is a pic of colossus's quard hartline roll, notice how the track is designed in like a circle and not in a straight line.

Post July 27th, 2005, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,891.00 Points
Why don't you just insert a loop using the "Insert Element" feature?

Post July 27th, 2005, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Cause they have pretty bad pumping, best bet is to use Elementary.

Post July 27th, 2005, 4:54 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Lots of people like to make their own elements, to make the coaster feel more customized.

Post July 27th, 2005, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Erm, actually, at the risk of sounding all noobish (which i guess i am actually, never mind) when i use elementary to create a loop, it comes out banking out to one side rather than a perfect loop. By that, i mean the loop is perfectly shaped, but the track angles out to one side. Any help with that?

Post July 27th, 2005, 6:13 pm

^ Bank it. The elementary doesnt take into effect the use of relative roll when banking so you have to bank it yourself.

Post July 27th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Euch, ok, i figured as much, more patience required then. Thanks, i guessed it might be that simple, but hoped there was an easier way. I should really work on my building in nl. Anywho, thanks Real

Post July 29th, 2005, 10:01 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Heres a question thats similar to the loop problem. How do you make dive loops in elementary. I've figured out pretty much every other element, but I'm not sure about the dive loop. Any help.

Post August 1st, 2005, 10:30 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
idk what the elementary is, could someone explain?

Post August 1st, 2005, 12:05 pm
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

It's a tool for nolimits that makes elements based on math formulas.

Making a diveloop is hard and I finally succed in doing it but you should better ask real cause he can explain it better then me;-)

Post August 2nd, 2005, 1:24 pm

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Any help Real. I would send you a PM but I think you should explain here (if you want) so others can see how it is done. Thanks in advance.

Post August 2nd, 2005, 5:23 pm

I dont make things in the elementary. Im not that good with math.

Redunzelizer is the man for that. But then again, to make a generic one isnt his thing. Hes more of a custom man.

Post August 2nd, 2005, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Making diveloops and immelmans in elementry is rather hard....

With the current available formulas you can just enter some numbers and have one popout. You need to make it out of a few differently made elements using the hsak formula.
half loop part - roll over part - exit part (or entrance depending on whether you are making a dive loop or immelman)

Post August 2nd, 2005, 5:30 pm
ish User avatar

What, you don't make things with elementary? Is rogue wave a ''handbuild'' track?

Post August 2nd, 2005, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
I dont use elementry, its way to confusing for me. Im all hands, But I have used the heartliner on a few of my recent projects.

Post August 2nd, 2005, 5:43 pm
ish User avatar

Three months ago I didn't even know what elementary and AHG is, but then I found tylers e-book.
And now I build with elementary AHG and the purg. Sure there are a lot of thung that I don't know but I can make a proper coaster with those things.

Post August 2nd, 2005, 6:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
you can make a diveloop from two formulas. Basically you need a half cork and a half loop. Connect the two, voila

Buster.

Post August 3rd, 2005, 3:47 am
ish User avatar

Post August 3rd, 2005, 9:49 am

Post August 4th, 2005, 1:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Real
Redunzelizer is the man for that. But then again, to make a generic one isnt his thing. Hes more of a custom man.

Basically you're absolutely right about the "custom man" [:D]

But let me tell you that there are two particular Elementary formulas in the making, one delivering true "Anton" loops, the other one very handy for creating clothoid Half Loops and Wingovers, then quite B&M style. [8D]

redunzelizer

Post August 4th, 2005, 9:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
wut is AHG? By the way no limits is sounding a lot more confusing now i dont think im gonna get it(jus kidding im gonna get it but like i said sounds confusing there has to be some tutorial)

Next

Return to No Limits Coaster