Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines Few Qs

Few Qs

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post August 5th, 2005, 4:42 am

Points on hand: 3,231.00 Points

Hey everyone, well after having Sm for awhile I managed to find out very many things, althought 3 more questions I have to ask that keep on going thru my head!

Q1-How do you create custom supports on woodies(When I do it with the right hand corner things wooden beams don't appear.)Am I missing something?

Q2-Can you do perfect heartlines or corksrews without having to cross it 2 nodes whcih causes a bit of pumping?(For Example: when making a corksrew you usually use two track nodes, one to begin it, one to end it. So when it crosses to the second node of track, can you minimize the pumping?[Besides using the 3rd option on the left hand side that starts with the C, because it still won't do it well)

Q3-What is Bank End and Bank Start mean on the left hand side?

Post August 5th, 2005, 11:04 am
rob User avatar

Points on hand: 3,083.00 Points
Well I have SM but usually use NL but I know the answer to Question 3. Bank end and bank start have a little line that you can move horizontally. The more you move it one direction that adjusts where the bank on that track vertex starts or ends. For example: If you are adjusting the bank start for a piece of track and you move the arrow thing to the right, the banking on that piece of track will start more at the begining of the vertex instead of in the middle. Same with bank end. The banking will end sooner or later based on how you move that arrow. Hope this helps.

Post August 5th, 2005, 5:09 pm

Thanks for Q3, now I understand :P, I still neew to know about the rest though.

Post August 6th, 2005, 2:25 am

Points on hand: 2,690.00 Points
Q2 - The easiest way to avoid pumping is to make sure equal tangents is turned on. Corkscrews/flatspins are probably the hardest element to make correctly. I'll be honest here and say that I haven't tried to build a real track in probably 3 years so I'll leave it up to someone else to give more help on that part [:)]

Q1 - Doing custom supports on woodies is just like any other track style. You just need to cycle through the available support piece styles until you reach the wooden ones.

Post August 6th, 2005, 3:30 am

Q1 - Doing custom supports on woodies is just like any other track style. You just need to cycle through the available support piece styles until you reach the wooden ones.

The wooden beam doesn't appearn in the cycle actually, its confusing because last time I was able to do custom supports without even going to the custom supports tab.

Post August 6th, 2005, 4:00 am

Points on hand: 5,058.00 Points
Q2 - I know ballerboi has come close to perfect corkscrews on one of his inverted coasters, but he had to use linear banking and very jerky transitions. The pumping is minimized, but I honesly have never made a corkscrew anything close to that. I try to use 4 nodes, using the top two segments banked harder for a more realistic effect, but unfortunately, no matter how much time I spend trying to refine it, it never comes out properly.

Q1 - Try a reinstall...it should work like any other and wooden beams should show up...and how do you do custom supports without even going to the supports tab?! That's interesting...could you explain it a bit more?

Post August 6th, 2005, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,690.00 Points
Originally posted by italianpnoy112
The wooden beam doesn't appearn in the cycle actually, its confusing because last time I was able to do custom supports without even going to the custom supports tab.

I just double-checked since it's been such a long time since I've used SM1. The wooden beam is in the cycle as long as you are using either the wooden style or the mine train style. It won't appear when using any other styles. If that isn't the problem, try reinstalling [:)]

Post August 6th, 2005, 4:02 pm

Oh ok well I'll see(LOL)

and how do you do custom supports without even going to the supports tab?! That's interesting...could you explain it a bit more?

I know its weird LOL.. Well I was playing around with Redwood Runner(In the downloads section) when I clicked on Start with the Prefab woodie supports. I suddenly accidently clicked again start and next thing I knew custom supports showed up. It's wacky and now-a-days when I try it, it won't work and I'm mad.

Post August 6th, 2005, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 5,058.00 Points
I think you may have hit the "add>normal" and clicked on the track somewhere and thought they were custom supports. If so, those aren't cusotm supports, but rather default "recommended" ones that can be auto generated.

Return to Scream Machines