Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions SW6 ( new wooden coaster for alton towers)

SW6 ( new wooden coaster for alton towers)

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 11th, 2005, 6:59 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Image Insert:
101.96 KB

a new generation intamin woodie was supposed to come to alton this year that didnt happen i think its comming in 2007 can anyone lse confirm this
Last edited by english coaster guy on August 11th, 2005, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 11th, 2005, 8:51 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Urgh! That picture was made by Coasterforce.Com and although there were plans for the ride they were refused planning permission, so unless they change it, it's not happening anytime soon, definitely not 2006 and i dont see 2007 an option either. Plus Rita has taken the space it was suposed to occupy. Seriously, its like your 2 years behind on the news here coasterguy [lol]

Post August 11th, 2005, 9:44 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Wow dude, that news is OLD! [lol] I opened this thread thinking that the plans were back on or something, but noooooooo, get my hopes up and then slash me down why don't you [lol]

Post August 11th, 2005, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Me too. This was rumoured before Rita, long before, actually before the Alton Towers booster bike plans even. I think we will see a woody in the future, just not so soon. John Wardley really wants to make one, but its not all up to him. Now alton have said they are spending over ?????????10 million on a new project next year, but no one knows what it is. For a while lots of people thought it could be a new woody, but it seems unlikely now with altons court case and stuff. Then there was a few rumours of a 4d but to my knowledge there was no proof what so ever. Lets wait and see what comes for 2007. It must be something exciting or big for over ?????????10 million but then again it doesnt havent to be a thrill ride if you think about it.

[:(]

although there were plans for the ride they were refused planning permission, so unless they change it, it's not happening anytime soon, definitely not 2006 and i dont see 2007 an option either

It wasnt refused planning permission. Alton removed the plans themselves before they were refused, so they could make necessary changes and then the booster bike and rita plans came forward.

Post August 11th, 2005, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Wait for Dragon2000 to reply to find out what is happening in Alton Towers [lol]

Post August 11th, 2005, 12:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Yeah, he always has some inside info from somewhere. He has some pretty good sources, and he got to go on that behind the scenes trip to Alton i think. I would have loved that!!!!

Post August 11th, 2005, 12:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
ok thanks for the information, a friend from accross seas sent me that photo lol he really had my hopes up aswell im sure one will come in the future tho (hopefully)

Return to General Theme Park Discussions