Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Walibi World (SFH) Trip - August 17 2005

Walibi World (SFH) Trip - August 17 2005

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post August 17th, 2005, 7:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
It's been a few years since i have had as much fun as i had yesterday. I'll give a relatively brief report of the whole day, and a quick review of the big rides. I was originally going to take loads of photos, because it was a beautiful day, but i forgot my bloody camera, so that went down the pan.

My day began with arriving at the park...at 12:00pm! The reason for this is that the park was open, just for the day, until midnight. Normally i would've gone at normal time and stayed all day, but alcohol ruined that idea. Still, no problems, 11 hours of Walibi fun.

Upon entering the park, the ride which i was immediately drawn to was Goliath, like a moth to a flame (more on the rides themselves later). This turned out to be our longest queue time of the day, clocking up at 40 mins. From here, we preceded to Robin Hood, my first (and so far only) wooden roller coaster. Interspersed with smaller rides, we continued on this path first back to Goliath, then to La Via Volta, The Flying Dutchman Gold Mine, Xpress (formerly known as Superman), and El Condor. At the end of the day, we went back to Robin Hood and then finished with Goliath in the dark, which was a bit of a special experience with the green lighting etc.

Despite the strong Vekoma domination in the park, it offers a lot of variety, although i still stand by my opinion that the park would benefit from a B&M, and probably a Stand-Up, to complete the roster.

Overall, i had a fantastic day at the park, and it was all enhanced by the dutch, who are amazingly nice and easy to get along with. If i could've spent longer, i definetely would have, and i advise all who get a chance to go, even if just to ride the intamin mega coaster. So anyway, onto the rides.

Goliath
Make - Intamin AG
Model - Mega Coaster

This is, without a doubt, my favourite ride in the world. The entire thing is a work of genius, from the great airtime over the crest of the lift hill to the stengel dive to the three, airtime-filled bunnyhops at the end. It may not be the tallest of coasters (despite being the tallest that i have ridden) but it packs a punch that is supposedly far greater than most. I also love the headchoppers going through the helix/carousel. Just awesome. Best seat, right at the front on the left, imo.

El Condor
Make - Vekoma
Model - SLC

Nuff said really, although it should be pointed out that it seemed smoother than in previous visits to the park. Definetely best at the front, because of the added footchoppers. Also quite sentimental, being the first of it's kind, and therefore better hehe.

La Via Volta
Make - Vekoma
Model - Boomerang

We all know it, and it's the same as the others. If you don't, get out now.

Xpress
Make - Vekoma
Model - LSM Coaster

Well, this is a really rough spaghetti bowl type coaster, which is really just above average aside from one thing. Its launch at the beginning, although not to a particularly high speed, is accompanied by strobe lighting in a tunnel, which gives a fantastic effect. Definetely worth at least one go, probably not more than that though.

Robin Hood
Make - Vekoma
Model - Wooden

Yep, another vekoma, and guess what?... It's rough as hell, but that's all part of it's charm. I love this ride, and i can only guess that others are better. The unstable feeling is really something, and the bumps just add to that. Another really entertaining ride.

Flying Dutchman Gold Mine
Make - Mack
Model - Wild Mouse

This was fun, because i love laterals. Not really much to say though. It's a wild mouse, simple as.

A great day, well worth a go, and then some. Also, note brits and americans, this park comes in at 24 euros, or about 18 pounds, so it's amazing value as well. All great stuff.

One final note, they said that should a coaster enthusiast site contact them, they would be willing to discuss special offers and priveleges for the purpose of research and review. Something to think about.

Any questions, just ask [:)]

Not so brief i guess, oh well.

Carl

Post August 17th, 2005, 7:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Rbind Hood was rough? Robb and Elissa were just there with video and it looked exceptionally smooth. They actually think its smoother than alot of other steel rides.

Post August 17th, 2005, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Sounds like you had an awsome time, Robin Hood looks fun.

Post August 18th, 2005, 1:59 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
hey carl, i wished i knew you where going, cos i was there to till midnight, but i didn't forgot my camera [:)], so be ready for some onrides

btw, my link
http://coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9000

Post August 18th, 2005, 5:21 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
hey carlos, returning a 2nd day sometime? maybe we could meet together somewhere [:)]

Post August 18th, 2005, 6:58 am

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Well, i have nothing to compare RH with, but i thought it was really quite a shaker. The cushioned seats were definetely needed, but i liked it like that. Last time i rode it it was a lot smoother than this time. I elbowed the person next to me a couple of times. It is a really nice ride though, especially the drop on the left of this picture, from the back.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig771.htm?picture=3

It just drags you down the drop at a fair pace and really throws you. Awesome.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports