Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Universal Studios Trip Report (Apr 06)

Universal Studios Trip Report (Apr 06)

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Since ECG wrote a great trip report that practically mirrors mine from Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios (http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic ... C_ID=11146) -- here just some pics from there so I do not have to write a year-long TR.

Some notes though before we begin:

1. Lockers are provided for free at basically every "ride". They were really cracking down on carrying stuff aboard (including cameras), so there are no POV shots or anything like that.

2. Fire kicks Ice's butt -- big time. Surprise airtime hill -- good stuff.

3. We rode every ride, but I only chose to use pictures which would be decent for a coaster site ... no need in showing the outside of a 3D show -- but on that note, Spiderman was truly an impressive ride that was unexpected, you must get on it.

4. Finally, Revenge of the Mummy - yeah, you need to ride it in the front just once -- you will not be disappointed.

Enjoy.
------------------------------------------

Dueling Dragons:

Image Insert:
35.05 KB

Image Insert:
32 KB

Image Insert:
29.12 KB

Image Insert:
30.65 KB

Image Insert:
23.62 KB

Hulk:

Image Insert:
20.84 KB

Image Insert:
21.27 KB

Image Insert:
20.33 KB

Image Insert:
13.92 KB

Revenge of the Mummy:

Image Insert:
26.52 KB

Image Insert:
31.86 KB
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post May 9th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

One of two with their hands up, nice. Looks like you had a great time there. I found Fire to be the better of the two also.

Post May 9th, 2006, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Mummy is good in any seat. So is Fire. They both rock. Those are short sentences.

Post May 9th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post May 9th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post May 14th, 2006, 4:12 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Awesome pics T-Conwell.
Glad to see you went, looks like you had as much fun as me on The Mummy [:)]. Great picture[lol].
The pictures just puts the cream onto my cake of a trip report[:)]. And as of you, i now dont have to upload my pictures.
Keep it real dude.
EcG[:)]

Post May 14th, 2006, 6:11 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

2. Fire kicks Ice's butt -- big time. Surprise airtime hill -- good stuff.

I don't know why most people think that Fire is far superior to Ice. The only reason why I like Fire better is simply because it doesn't really leave you feeling incomplete like what Ice does. For example if Ice had some awsome helix at the end, I'd probably like it better, but since it doesn't, I prefer Fire slightly simply cuz it feels more complete.[;)]

And Mummy... Wow! The latty air time stuff is in tense! Although, I didn't really get to much air off of the drop after the room with the fire on the ceing when I was sitting in the front seat, but overall, its just an awsomely violent ride. I just wish it wasn't half way accross the US for me.[:(]

Post May 14th, 2006, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post June 25th, 2006, 3:18 am

Points on hand: 5,694.00 Points
I liked fire better for one simple reason: I rode fire in back, and ice in front. Front just feels so slow on the dragons. Or maybe fire really was just that much better?

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports