Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Wanna buy Six Flags?

Wanna buy Six Flags?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post August 25th, 2005, 9:42 am

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Six Flags Inc. on Thursday said its board of directors has unanimously decided to sell the company through an auction process, one week after a dissident shareholder offered to raise his stake in the amusement-park operator and replace its management.

What does everyone think of that? Will this help or hurt Six Flags? I certainly hope that whoever buys the company has a customer service propensity as that has by far been Six Flags biggest problem over recent years. Maybe Cedar Fair would give us the greatest gift of all time and buy out Sucks Flags (Sorry, Fruedian Slip). We can only hope.
[:)]
Last edited by pdonahue on August 25th, 2005, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 25th, 2005, 9:47 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post August 25th, 2005, 9:53 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Ooooo I wanna buy!!!!!

Hopefully Cedar Fair will buy them out and improve the quality of some of those parks, and also do some retracking on those extremely rough woodies. Also they could give some new paint on some coasters that really need it (Mr. Freeze).

Post August 25th, 2005, 10:42 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

Cedar Fair already has 18 parks to take care of, they dont need 1000 more to sink money into.

CF is the way it is because they have focused on keeping the parks they have nice. They didnt "thin" themselves out and then have 2-3 good parks with the rest being crap.

Someone with a ton of money will buy them, probably keep the same management since shares were going up and what should happen is that SF just gets into the black money wise and starts moving forward again instead of backwards.

Post August 25th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,368.00 Points
You've got to think outside the box. Not everyone in the world wants a cutomer service for Six Flags. The Majority of people I know would really care less if they built another Batman clone or TTD (why complain, there's only 2! don't see ya complaining about Medusa clones or Mr. Freeze clones!) clone because they'd be thrilled not matter what.

That...and anyone is going to but it, they better have a lot of money to improve the crapped out parks. But as Real said, Cedar Fair has enough parks.

But anyway, hopefully Coke will buy it...or Sony. [:p]

Post August 25th, 2005, 1:08 pm
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
???? coke ???? sony ???? what are you sniffing/injecting/smokeing/ mabey more. all I can say is I hope some one who is beter than six flags buy it.

Post August 25th, 2005, 1:23 pm

Points on hand: 2,368.00 Points
I was joking! Jesus...no one can laugh at this site! NO ONE!!! LAUGH!
But to be honest, I smoke Cool brand cause they're cheap.

Come on...tell me who would want to rummage threw the crap the Six Flags left behind? WHO?!?[:p]

Post August 25th, 2005, 3:43 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I wonder who will buy them out. Hopefully not Comcast. Lol, they tried to buy out Disney.

Post August 25th, 2005, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Post August 25th, 2005, 4:33 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Paramount's own parks are up for sale last time I heard.

Post August 25th, 2005, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

psht screw six flags, maybe new management (or old if it works out like real said) will try to make their parks more fun and sell off some of their parks so they can concentrait on a few awsome parks like CF

Post August 25th, 2005, 9:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
They had just reported gains for the first time in years so they seem to have the right track going now. It seems like they just need the backing and this is how they want to get it.

Return to Off Topic Discussion