Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Making a coaster video

Making a coaster video

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post August 28th, 2005, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

I am making a coaster video. I t is currently i nthe editing process. Coors Light Balloon Fest, Dorney Park, Hershey Park, Sylvan Beach, New York State Fair, and seabreeze will all be featured in the video. I am currently using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 and me and my dad have continously tried and tried and tried for a god dang month and absolutely nothing has happened. I was hoping for someone on this sitew that knows how to use it and please tell me how to cut out parts of my video, add in music, and to make a black screen while showing the name of the park to announce where it begins.

Post August 28th, 2005, 4:35 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Heres a tip, use Windows Movie Maker. It is so easy and simple to use and you dont have to learn how to use a whole new program. Also windows movie makers comes free with your PC (Usualy) and will automaticly cuts the clips into sections for you to use. I tried usuing Ulead software and really disliked it, i highly recommend Windows Movie Maker. Another program that is highly recommened is Adobe Elements or Adobe Premiere, again relativly easy to use (once you know general adobe layout for things) and is also quite a professional program.

I am sure a movie making buff will be alone soon also to answer any of your questions

Post August 28th, 2005, 4:59 pm

I already tried Windows Movie maker, and it is giving me alot of problems. i have no idea how use all this stuff, since this is my first time in DVD editing. when I imported a part of the video in Real Player format, all i get is audio.

Post August 28th, 2005, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
You might also try iMovie for video editing. I don't know if there is a Windows version.

Post August 28th, 2005, 11:09 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I would recommend Pinnacle PLus! or Adobe Premier Elements. They are both priced at $100 each but are totally worth it. Pinnacle allows for easy custom DVD menus while Adobe allows for professional looking DVD menus, and a more extensive editng software, I would reccomend eather.

Post August 29th, 2005, 8:23 am

thecool326, is it Pinnacle PLus! or Pinnacle Plus!

Post August 29th, 2005, 8:30 am

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

Using Fraps together with Windows Media player works also.

Post August 29th, 2005, 8:59 am

What about Pinnacle Studio 9? MY dad might look into that, will it do what I want and will it be easy to use unlike Ulead?

Post August 29th, 2005, 10:17 am

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

Post August 29th, 2005, 10:38 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i think we had pinnical studio, it was really for caputuring video, But i've never worked with it so.

IMO you should go for Adobe Premiere elements. It's a good program and now i'm using that too for my video's. If you don't wanna buy, download it [:D][;)]

Post August 29th, 2005, 1:28 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Tanks4me

What about Pinnacle Studio 9? MY dad might look into that, will it do what I want and will it be easy to use unlike Ulead?

IT has the same thing, except Pinnacle has more professional affects, like picture zoom, and Picture in Picture, and other effects and fades, but other than that, its good. But Pinnacle Plus comes with a free Green screening clothe, all you have to do is light it appropriately. (and buy more)[lol]

Post August 29th, 2005, 1:57 pm

All I want is something with easy instructions to cut out parts of the video, add music from my CDs or MP3 disc, and make custom titles on a black screen to announce where the parks start on the DVD. I don't want any hard core special effects or anything like that because that will confuse me given this is my very first time on DVD editing.

Post August 29th, 2005, 2:03 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

All I want is something with easy instructions to cut out parts of the video, add music from my CDs or MP3 disc, and make custom titles on a black screen to announce where the parks start on the DVD. I don't want any hard core special effects or anything like that because that will confuse me given this is my very first time on DVD editing.

then u should use WindowsMovieMakers, it's simple, fast and pretty easy to use, you only have to know how to import pics (for the black announcements) movies (your dvd) and sound. Next thing, drag them to the timeline/storyboard and add effects. Then make the movie at your selected size,
mail me if you need more info in how to use WMM
hyyyper@hotmail.com

Post August 29th, 2005, 2:13 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
hyyyper look at one of his first posts:

I already tried Windows Movie maker, and it is giving me alot of problems. i have no idea how use all this stuff, since this is my first time in DVD editing. when I imported a part of the video in Real Player format, all i get is audio.

He tried already windows movie maker. IMO, that program is already *u**ed up! It never worked here like it should, edit 1 time and save it after that edit, or else it did CRASH! Not normal anymore in here. After almost every edit i had to save it just to be sure i don't have to do it again if it crashes!

That's why i did quit with WMM and now i'm working on adobe premiere elements and i'd really like that program [:)]

Post August 29th, 2005, 10:03 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Pinnacle and Adobe are the easiest and most powerful programs I have ever used, its so easy, as long as you have an idea, you can create anything with it.

Post August 30th, 2005, 4:01 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

hyyyper look at one of his first posts:

He tried already windows movie maker. IMO, that program is already *u**ed up! It never worked here like it should, edit 1 time and save it after that edit, or else it did CRASH! Not normal anymore in here. After almost every edit i had to save it just to be sure i don't have to do it again if it crashes!

That's why i did quit with WMM and now i'm working on adobe premiere elements and i'd really like that program [:)]

i know, that's why i offert some help with WMM, if he needed it...

Return to Off Topic Discussion