Board index ‹ Roller Coaster Games ‹ Hard Hat Area ‹ Orion

Orion

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 3rd, 2005, 9:59 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
It seems that we have not seen a true Giga in a while so I decided to begin making one. I've been working on the layout for about a month. I've finally got one I loke and I'm sticking to it. Supports begin soon.

http://nldc.interfix.net/p836


p.s. I looked around for my original topic on Orion but went through pages and pages and could not find it....
Last edited by dac on August 3rd, 2005, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post August 3rd, 2005, 10:03 pm

Posts: 2260
Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Location: MI, USA
Offline
You could've searched for it.

Anyways, for your screens, I would post an overall view (preferably one from the simulator)

Post August 3rd, 2005, 10:19 pm

Posts: 3018
Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
looks good nice job any 3ds?

Post August 3rd, 2005, 10:32 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
It will have a 3D station for sure....maybe some tunnels....

Post August 3rd, 2005, 11:15 pm

Posts: 480
Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points
Location: Johnson City, TN, USA
Offline
looks painfull [xx(]

Post August 4th, 2005, 2:26 pm

Posts: 3018
Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
thats just the view he has it, i hope!

Post August 13th, 2005, 10:55 am
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
Updated layout...now its on to supports and terrain.

http://nldc.interfix.net/p836

Post August 13th, 2005, 11:51 am

Posts: 480
Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points
Location: Johnson City, TN, USA
Offline
no it's not LOL

Post August 13th, 2005, 4:45 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
meaning what?

Post August 29th, 2005, 5:46 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
Final layout is complete, I decided to go with a B&M Mega. I've never made one so I wanted to give it a shot. Here's a look at the final layout.....

http://nldc.interfix.net/p836

Post August 29th, 2005, 5:48 pm

Posts: 3185
Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
Not bad. I'll certainly download.


Edit: Agree with FN.

Post August 29th, 2005, 5:53 pm

Posts: 5852
Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Offline
http://nldc.interfix.net/i5931

that helix looks nice

Post August 29th, 2005, 6:08 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
That helix took quite a while, I would be embarassed to say how long......Finally figured it out though.......just took about 7,304 attempts.

Post August 29th, 2005, 6:14 pm

Posts: 3185
Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
So the helix took you like...hmmm lets see here...about 5 days to do? Possibly more?

Post August 29th, 2005, 6:54 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
About a week's worth of swearing and I had myself the helix...

Post August 29th, 2005, 7:11 pm

Posts: 3185
Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
So I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 swear words said?

Post August 29th, 2005, 8:34 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
I wish it were only 1000.

Post August 29th, 2005, 9:00 pm

Posts: 3185
Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
Wow, over 1000. Thats some serious frustration.

Post August 29th, 2005, 9:45 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
The leadout was giving me the most trouble....and thus, it was the object of my frustrations

Post August 29th, 2005, 9:53 pm

Posts: 3185
Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
Ahhhhhhhh. I find it hard to make good helices too.

Post September 4th, 2005, 5:45 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
Update to the project, made some adjustments to it and am starting the supporting and theme. Here's a look....

http://nldc.interfix.net/p836

Post September 4th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Posts: 3185
Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
The 3d track connection flanges look good. They really add to a coaster.

Post September 4th, 2005, 10:31 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
yeah but they are not fun to place.

Post September 4th, 2005, 10:32 pm

Posts: 3185
Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Location: USA
Offline
Do the flanges create more swearing?

Post September 4th, 2005, 11:10 pm
dac User avatar

Posts: 109
Points on hand: 82.00 Points
Location: Cleveland, Oh, USA
Offline
This whole ride is one big obscenity.

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member
Next

Return to Hard Hat Area