Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Flamingo land Rise and Fall

Flamingo land Rise and Fall

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 31st, 2005, 3:47 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Have you heard of the new rumours that there will be a new Inverted Coaster at Flamingo Land?

Well I was searching on the RCDB and found this. http://www.rcdb.com/id2985.htm At the moment it seems to be an unknown project.

Also it seems like the great Schwarzkoph coasters will be packing there bags. As found on Scream Scape http://www.screamscape.com/html/flamingoland.htm

Image Insert:
65.54 KB
Last edited by coasterboaster on August 31st, 2005, 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 31st, 2005, 7:51 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
it was rumored that a Vekoma SLC or a custom coaster similar to the one in asia was gonna be put either in the place of the bullet, im not sure about magnum force u might wanna ask jpecool hes got more info on flamingoland

Post August 31st, 2005, 8:03 am

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
They have already marked up the site for the SLC it's going where Bullet is and extending into the Lost Kingdom, it is supposed to be a copy of Shenlin at Happy Valley. The layout for the coaster will be 360 degree first drop (or more or less) vertical loop, cobra roll, zero g and a helix, I have made a rough video of what it might look like if anybody is interested.

Post August 31st, 2005, 8:19 am

Post August 31st, 2005, 8:27 am

Post August 31st, 2005, 11:44 am

Looking at that picture I have the layout slighlty wrong My cobra roll goes from left to right. looking at that picture the cobra roll on the Flamingo
Land one is going to be above the pathways. which should make for interesting viewing

Post August 31st, 2005, 12:44 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
another slc for flamingo, at least drop the slc somewhere else then, not in flamingo, they have only vekoma and a 2nd slc is less...

Post August 31st, 2005, 12:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Looks to me like they are making a mistake. Bullet looks way better than than mini coaster. I mean yeah bullets small but its ment to be!!!

Post August 31st, 2005, 1:04 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

imo they should build the ride somewhere else, that swarchkopf bullet looks pretty unique! So why removing that? I'd rather have a unique ride somewhere then another SLC! 2 slc's is just already too much! Build somewhere else, but leave that bullet alone! [:D]

Post August 31st, 2005, 1:09 pm

Bullet cost a lot of money to run and maintain and so does Magnum Force
remember both of these rides where built in the 80's. Derk you have confused me by saying another SLC for Flamingo Land as they don't have one.
You have to remember they don't have the cash to buy Intamin or B&M which is why they used to buy second hand rides. The park has come on in leaps and bounds in the last couple of years and I think the SLC will be a good addition. I read somewhere else that this was going to have a first for an SLC so maybe they will use there outside running rails.

Post August 31st, 2005, 1:19 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Derk you have confused me by saying another SLC for Flamingo Land as they don't have one.

as first: It's DIRK!
and as 2nd: Woops, got confused with Fantasy Island then... [sillyme]

Post August 31st, 2005, 1:34 pm

i agree bullet is very unique, forceful and alot of fun. i think the same colour scheme as shenlin would fit perfectly in the zoo section of the park

Post August 31st, 2005, 1:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Owen Jay that rumour that it was supposed to have a first on an SLC, was that it was going to be the first SLC with a zero G roll. But then people found that Shenlin at Happy Valley already had one. Thats when we found out the layout was basically the same as the one on Shenlin at Happy Valley. Im not sure if they are exactly the same, i havent heard much about it, although when i went to flamingoland on August 5th (my bday YAY) they had already started to prepare the land a bit. So that means we may see some progress soon, and then hopefully will find out the EXACT layout. But we can say it is basically shenlin at Happy Valley, give or take a turn. LOL.

Im interested in that video BTW.

Also they are getting rid of the 2 schwarzkopf coasters for the reasons Owen Jay said and the fact that flamingoland have now come into a bit of money, and want to lose that 'permanant fairground' look. Which i think is fair enough, its just a shame it means both Bullet and Magnum Force have to go, which are both great rides IMO. Bullet is insane for the time it lasts, and then Magnum Force is what it says in the name, FORCE. But also the new Booster bike at the park is good, and if the SLC is as good as that then there isnt too much of a problem. I must say i enjoyed Velocity alot.

Post August 31st, 2005, 3:16 pm

Show me where I can post it it's not brilliant but I think it will give a rough Idea of how it might look

Post August 31st, 2005, 3:28 pm

Post August 31st, 2005, 4:51 pm

Here you go as you can tell I didn't spend tou much time doing the track a couple of hours and as I said earlier the Cobra roll and helix are wrong

http://media.putfile.com/flamingo84

Post August 31st, 2005, 5:12 pm

Post August 31st, 2005, 5:27 pm

^^ Thats just his fast coaster aswell. [lol]

Thanks owen jay, so i guess the layout is that but just with the cobra roll and helix the othr way around?

Post September 1st, 2005, 1:33 am

English coaster Guy just practice like I said that didn't take that long to build.(it's not brilliant but it was for fun), I think the lift will be straight out of the station the Cobra will go right to left and the zero g will go under the lift, I think the lift will face towards Magnum. Off course this is all speculation but I look forward to going next year.(didn't get my credit on Velocity this year as it wasn't running)

Return to General Theme Park Discussions