Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Sirocco - Terrain B&M from JPE - UPDATE (10/06/06)

Sirocco - Terrain B&M from JPE - UPDATE (10/06/06)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Hey dudes. I got some work done on this cool little B&M inverter i had going today. Check it out at http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p2032

Its going well at the moment. Track work is done! Im not making changes to it, i dont have the time and its only a little project, but it may turn into a bi one if i can be arsed to do all the 3ds it should have. Anyway its loosely inspired by Anaconda at Gold Reef City by Giavanola (sp?), you can see the type of helix seen on Anaconda, and it also is inspired by Black mamba and Nemesis obviously, but only loosely, as they are all great rides, and would be stupid to try and create something that i thought was of that level. Not only would it be stupid, but it would be insanely arrogant to say it was. lol. ANyway, feedback?
Last edited by jpecool on June 10th, 2006, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Looks pretty good JPE. How many Gs does that helix have?

EDIT: D'oh, didn't read the NLDC. 5Gs.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Looks pretty cool. I really like the layout, especially the Giovanola style helix. My only gripe is that the leadup to that helix looks like it's really dull and boring. It's just so straight and uneventful. But since you're not going to change the track work, maybe add some 3ds around it to add a bit more interest and excitement.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 5:58 pm

Im thinking of doing a kind of Mediterannean type of feel to the ride, with buildings and trees all around it. AFter all i do have 10 weeks off this summer since i leave school. And i finish exams in 2 weeks basically so YAY. So, i guess i could theme this majorly! If people think its worth it. If i do lots of 3ds for this track, that helix was going to have a Greek type of Lighthouse (not red and white, just white :)) inside it, and have rocks all coming down that straight section with a water fall, with the pathway beside it. But it would take alot of work..... hmmmmmm.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 6:03 pm

It'd be well worth it. That'd really make that pullup a lot more fun.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 6:11 pm

Yeah i think so too :) Okay, i will cast aside one of my woodies for this project as i do really like it :) And i already have 2 other woodies going [:)]

5 more pics

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p2032

Post June 3rd, 2006, 6:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Oh yeah. I love the word for the secret element you devised, sounds better than 'lateral air whip of doom' that i came up with doesnt it.
Great work, as usuall Jason[:D].

Post June 4th, 2006, 10:38 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
9 picture update

Okay, so im supposed to be doing maths revision for my exam tomorrow, bu i couldnt resist doing a few hours themeing work on this. So i decided to put angels and airwaves on, and do a little themeing work, and after about 2 hours i have this so far! The lighthouse with some rocks. It needs some work still, but it looks so much better than i imagined it already [:)] It does just pass tunnel test, i made sure of it. The footchoppers and everything make the helix seem so fast, even near the top, when in reality its only just going over 25mph near the top, and 45 towards the bottom. IT also has huge Gs at the bottom aswell....5.2g lol. Anyway work is going well atm, dont expect an update fr a while now because of exams! [:(] Comments anyone?

P.S. The new pictures were taken in reals CCI steel environment because of that beatiful blu sky which gives it a mediterranean feel [:)] Im going to attempt making my own environment for it for the actual release, but i might use this, and give real credit of course

Post June 4th, 2006, 10:45 am

Awesome work jpe. Those near misses and rock interactions look incredible. That must be amazing to ride, including 5.2g's. Can't wait to see the rest of this project. [:D]

Post June 4th, 2006, 11:51 am

Jason, this looks to be one of your best yet.
Just the fact that we was disgussing you starting it just yesterday is amazing. I thought this would be one of you 'abandoned' coasters. But no.
Absolutely mega work jason, top marks already ;).

Post June 4th, 2006, 12:24 pm

Thanks guys! [:D]

Yeah, not bad for 2 days work eh sam? [:D] lol. You up for testing it when your next on msn? [:D]

Post June 4th, 2006, 12:27 pm

Post June 4th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Firstly thanks for letting me test, and all i will say is "Black Mamba eat your heart out".
Its great. Needs the slightest smoothing in 2 places to get 100 percent on Technical. Perfectly controlled g's throughout the circuit, and i bet it was hard keeping the lats contained in the shimmy element, but you provailed yet again[lol].
The Anaconda inspired helix passed all the tests, and even the tunnel test as thats a pretty close foot-chopper.
Absolutely beautiful camelback through the smoke tunnel and also well paced.

3d's were ship shape, well placed and nicely terraformed. And the fact you did this all in what, 2 days max.
Your not far from finishing, so keep on top of this as i dont want you to abandon this as of your other coasters[lol].
Remember to give me a shout when you have supported the track, and i will be happy to test again.
Make sure its smooth, because this coaster is awesome, and i dont want some tight ass, to rate low on it as of a tiny jerk.
Keep going Jason. Shows what you can do when you put your mind to it.
EcG[:)]

Post June 4th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Thanks man. Glad you like it dude! And im really glad you like the "shimmy shimmy" heheh! And the crazy helix of death! Look for updates soon guys!

Post June 10th, 2006, 6:52 pm

UPDATE

6 new pics added showing themeing around the first drop being constructed. It is supposed to look like a greek village on the hillside, just with a coaster running through! lol [lol]

comments?

Post June 10th, 2006, 7:10 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post June 10th, 2006, 7:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

That really looks good so far JPE. Shaping up to be your best ever, by far.

Post June 11th, 2006, 1:42 am

This looks amazing. It's starting to remind me of Black Mamba.

Post June 11th, 2006, 1:55 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
looks really nice jpe, cant wait to try that nioce ride.

Post June 11th, 2006, 6:41 am

Thanks guys, i appreciate your comments. Anyway, there probably wont be another update for another week as im only getting work done on this at weekends because of exams so [:(]

Return to Hard Hat Area