Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Ps3 or Xbox 360.. which do YOU think is better?

Ps3 or Xbox 360.. which do YOU think is better?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 22nd, 2005, 7:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

my dad went to best buy at 930 and a guy walked out with the last one, im so mad. My expedition to get one will extande 2 tomorrow. The 399 package is deffinetaly the way to go, and Miscrosoft had some great displayes ready for the 360. Sony is in problems right now and are getting sued by Texas, and they always have problems with launces, like the PSP. I managed to get on the day it came out but the stores had SMALL amounts. JPE its awesome and the music, photo, and video features r pretty cool. As for the 360, i also went to sams later int he day ( about an hour ago) and they only got 20, and a lady said there was a fist fight over them, lol. Good luck to anyone getting one!

Post November 22nd, 2005, 7:17 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

JPE - If you prefer racing...PS is NOT the system. GT has officially been dethroned by Forza Motorsport on the XBox and when they do a version 2, I have a feeling its going to put GT wayyy behind. Sure, GT was the greatest but it had no competition. Now it does and it cant handle it IMO. Ive played all versions so Im not naive to it. I found 2 to be the best. 3 and 4 focused too much on graphics and not enough on realism.

Plus, arent most of the footy games on both platforms? Same for Timesplitters...great game, have it right now from a friend.

Seriously, Real, you shouldn't say that people who prefer PS series are biased because they don't give the other system a chance, because you come across this way. And I don't know about Forza beating out GT...it definitely has some things that GT4 lacks, but GT4 makes up for it in other areas...they are both pretty equal in my mind.

I love both systems, and will probably buy both at some point in the next year or two...I have a PS2 and XBox. I've definitely found my XBox to be a bit more reliable, as one of my PS2's has had recurrent problems reading discs, and I have to clean the lens regularly to ensure games read correctly. However, I don't think I could live without Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It's my favorite game I've ever played, and would probably buy PS3 just for the next GTA game. On the other hand, Halo is great, but I suck at it...

Post November 22nd, 2005, 7:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
^I never talked about the PS in that post, only about GT.

The only area GT excels is in the amount of cars. However, no damage modeling, less modding options, lack of realism (plus not having triggers like XBox automatically means you cant get realism in the acceleration and braking area). I played all of em and I found GT2 to have the most depth, loved it. 3 was good and 4 was an improvement but I felt like they fell from their roots.

Plus I am more of a simulation person. GT feels far more arcade than Forza does.

Probably why so many people like GT more than Forza...its easier to play with a more arcade like atmosphere which is fine. Im 55% through Forza and its taken me quite awhile even considering I turned it on Hard with other options off to make it harder and beat most races on first try. However now Im into the hard stuff and I had to retreat to Medium difficulty.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,179.00 Points

PS3!!! X-Box 360...sure it goes online, but that's too big of a focus for it. Plus, I have my PC for that, and I still don't care if it's $50 a year (that's cheap compared to WOW or Evercrack) and PS3 is much more powerful system then the 360.
Plus, Metal Gear Solid series is my fav. and MGS4 looks amazing. Final Fantasy games will look awesome! The survival horror games like Silent Hill will be amazing, too.
But the bad part is none of the awesome games come out on launch. I usually wait a while.[:p]

And Real, well, with Forza realeased...don't you think maybe the people doing GT are going to make improvements? I don't care, I suck at every racing game.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 7:56 pm

Well, the guys at GT (I forget the name) are way to perfectionistic. I think GT4 was moved back for release like 5 times or something. I cant imagine them trying to make a game that combines GT4 and Forza.

It would take them like...10 years.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
^yeah, or the averge amount of time you put into your coasters (all worth it)

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

how about this, just wait till the the ps3 is released, then compare them. You really cant compare a system thats already out to a system that isnt out. You dont know if the ps3 is complete or how fast it is cus you havnt played it. Im tired of heating one set minded comments about a system. For a lot of people Sony has been burned permanently into their brains. Those people dont give other game systems much of a chance. Cus they think the PS2 is the almighty god of all consoles. What BULL.

I perfer the xbox cus there is more games that i would play on it, plus its faster, and other reasons(i cant quite remember them, but I dont have a one mind set on a console). I also like the Gamecube for is classic nintendo character games. The only games I would ever want to play on the PS2 or 3 is the final fantasy games and the metal gear games. I will get the PS3, just probably when the price drops. I will eventually have all three next gen consoles and next gen handhelds.

I favor xbox for more reasons than any other system.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:02 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Real what you said about PS online is complete jiberish as i play it every week and its fine and there is no way im paying 50 friggen bucks a month for online play and the reason people say PS online is really bad is because u need to have broadband i have it and it is really fast even with WIRELESS!!!

EDIT:GO BURNOUT!!!!!

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:04 pm

Yeah...Lol, I know what you're saying Real. GT5 probably won't come out till the end of the PS3's life.

For me, actually, I'm agree with masterchief101, I'll wait to see what games are out for X-Box360 if I get it, same with the Revolution. And I don't know what you guys are talking about with the PS3 being cheaper...it's going to cost like $500...or something. The Revolution is said to ship at $200.[:p]

Oh, and P.S. We're all forgetting ONE BIG THING. The average gamer...they really don't care which system can spin their discs faster. They care about the games.[;)]

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,355.00 Points
I have the first Xbox and I was impressed with their line up. Star Wars KOTOR 1&2, Splinter Cell series, Ninja Gaiden Black, and the first Halo. Beyond that most of these games went to PC as well (by the way Oblivion has been delayed to next year). In truth I am dodging this next generation counsel war fare, until it cools down a bit. First off their will be two more DVD formats out their (Blue-ray and HD-DVD). Next for some of these video cards by next year will double the graphics capacity of the next-generation systems. For instance I do not think they will be able to do a counsel version of F.E.A.R. or even Civilization IV. Finally I have been hearing rumors that both sides (Sony and Microsoft) are looking at ways to sabotage each other. Either by putting bugs into each of their products so the competition can't use it in theirs (this includes Windows Vista).

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:17 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
It seems like Nintendo's new consoles are always $200, looks like we won't be able to see luminosity and transparency AA in the rev, but hopefully it's at least powerful enough for the games to look fairly decent.

It looks like the PS3 is going to be the most powerful, then the 360, then the Rev, but Nintendo isn't releasing the Rev's specs I've heard. Hopefully they're not trying to hide stuff and make it another gamecube.

But I do like the Rev's controller, the videos there show a lot on what could be done on it.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,506.00 Points

OK kraken15 you are freakin retarded the xbox 360 is gona cost $300 for core system and $400 for premium package the ps3 will cost about $500 to $600

O ya the xbox360 rocks [:p]

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:25 pm

Originally posted by RRollergod

there is no way im paying 50 friggen bucks a month for online play

xbox 360's base xbox live(what they had on the original xbobx) is FREE. You only have to pay for the gold membership which gives you like 2 or 3 extra things. So no more 50 bucks!!

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:26 pm

Originally posted by coasteragent99

It seems like Nintendo's new consoles are always $200, looks like we won't be able to see luminosity and transparency AA in the rev, but hopefully it's at least powerful enough for the games to look fairly decent.

It looks like the PS3 is going to be the most powerful, then the 360, then the Rev, but Nintendo isn't releasing the Rev's specs I've heard. Hopefully they're not trying to hide stuff and make it another gamecube.

But I do like the Rev's controller, the videos there show a lot on what could be done on it.

On that stupid G4 channel they had an interview with the president of Nintendo. He saoid the graphics on the Rev will be "good enough" and a lot of rumors say that it won't be as good as the PS3 or 360. But with that whole backwards capability with every nintendo console...that's pretty awesome.

Edit: ARGH! $50 bucks a year is NOTHING! That doesn't comapare to the $130 a year you pay for Evercrack or World of Warcraft! Stop complaining!

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:43 pm

hehe sence my dad is military i just ordered Call of Dutty 2(which many gamers say is number one launch title) from the navy-nex online store. Im getting it for the 59.99 but no tax nor shipping, and it ships in two days! I hope to have it by friday or saturday. now i just have to get my system! im going to call stores everyday looking for when new shipments come in!

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:45 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Originally posted by w00tism

Originally posted by coasteragent99

On that stupid G4 channel they had an interview with the president of Nintendo. He saoid the graphics on the Rev will be "good enough"

Well, good enough usually means no shaders, textures that don't tile right, and overall, lower geometric and texture detail. (well, in the mario games at least lol) And for the DS, they should've at least used some texture filtering... Oh well...

But how would it be backwards compatable with all other consoles? I'm going to have to sack my SNES and N64 if that's the case to save some room.

Post November 22nd, 2005, 8:59 pm

You download all of the games onto the system's harddrive (or something, no one really knows) and play them from there. I don't know about any payment mehtod or anything (i'm assuming they're cheap) but I think that's going to be awesome to play the old school games like Zelda and Mario and all those other SNES and N64 classics.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 5:13 am

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

RCTfansMal818 - PS3 may have 4x more space but XBox will have the HD AND as I said above, PS3 will be almost 4x slower when reading from the DVD so its pretty pointless to have all that room when you cant read it to the processor fast enough.

Its like having a brand new computer with a 12x CDROM. You wont get nearly the potential out of it.

Princess G - XBox 360 is backwards compatible as well ;)

Well even so, I don't think it is worth the outrageous $500.00 price tag for the system. And that is not even counting the games or any extras you might need or want. The PS3 will be cheaper, plus there are more games that I like for that platform than any other platform. I usally don't run out as soon as a new game system is released but I probably will do that for the PS3, or I might preorder it. With games I usually wait until the prices go down or when they switch over to the greatest hits line, that's the best way to do it to save money.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 8:04 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
Originally posted by Princess_G

Well even so, I don't think it is worth the outrageous $500.00 price tag for the system.

$500 ?[xx(]You can get an XBox 360 all-in for $300 here..

Post November 23rd, 2005, 8:05 am

the system costs 299.99 and the premium pack is 399.99
i guess you were maybe considering two games or something Princess G

Post November 23rd, 2005, 9:18 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

IMO the Xbox 360 will mercilessly rule over the PS3 any day.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 9:22 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
IMO, PS's are better, they have just the ultimate controller, i was used to play an xbox and gamecude controller at some of my friends'( i don't have consoles, think they are a waste of money) but when one of then got an ps2, woah, that was really THE controller

as for gamewise, PS has got very good games as allways, and i don't really care about graphics prizes and cpu-speed

Post November 23rd, 2005, 9:27 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Originally posted by Princess_G
With games I usually wait until the prices go down or when they switch over to the greatest hits line, that's the best way to do it to save money.

I completrely agree the greatest hits boxes are like 10 bucks cheaper and sometimes include bonus content!

Post November 23rd, 2005, 10:15 am

Points on hand: 2,016.00 Points

I have no ps2, nor an Xbox.

Still i have my thoughts about the new machines, and im not going to buy they for sure. a few why's:

I am not going to spend that much money for a gaming only machine. remember that you can do more on 1 gaming pc for less than on 1 xbox + 1 lowbudged pc.

Online gameplay is way better on the PC, Xbox live came close.. but because of the controllers lots of games have been turned down on speed to make them work on there. the new Live sounds good btw, but ps3 and online..

almost all ingame footage of the ps3 has been "faked".. they were made by a graphics company (how cheap :P). The Xbox 360 has shown some real ingame footage, gotto say damn it looked good. But i bet those HDTV thingies costed a lot :P.

Although the power under the hood might sound astonishing.. they are not going to use it. Who has a HDTV at home at the moment? To be able to play the Xbox 360 or the Ps3 on the top notch way you will have to spend 100, maybe 1000 of bucks on a good television and sound set. Besides that 0 of the games that are going to be launched at the release will benefit from the full power of them.

I can play whatever game i want on my PC. the Xbox 360 will have a backwards compatibility of around 200 titles in europe, ONLY if you buy the special HD wich costs you about 100 extra bucks. ($400 in total then) And nice games like 50 cent: bullet proof wont play at all. (but heck they do at my pc :-D)
No idea what the Ps3 does yet..

Well, its kinda clear im a PC lover :P.
But maybe i change my mind when the launch day is there. Usualy its "I want to have played on it before i choose" here. :).

Post November 23rd, 2005, 10:28 am

Actually, you dont need a special HD, just the one that comes with the 400 package. And since you get a host of other things for 100 bucks, it makes that HD cost like 40 when I bet since I hear its a 40gig it shoudl cost quite a bit more.

Also, I know at least one person with 5.1 Surround and a 64inch HDTV Widescreen. So, they are out there. The regular XBox looks AMAZING on that TV and I cant imagine how much better the XBOX 360 will look.

As far as Live vs Computer goes...I prefer live. I have been a PC gamer for nearly a decade and while its gotten better, it all depends on the server you hook up too. At least on Live it finds people with good connections and if not, they pretty much bomb out and you reset. Plus with Live if the host drops from the game, it reconfigures and you keep playing. Something servers for the PC cant do.

I think it was just my 6 years playing Counter-Strike that frustrated me with PC gaming but it worked.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion