Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Ps3 or Xbox 360.. which do YOU think is better?

Ps3 or Xbox 360.. which do YOU think is better?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 23rd, 2005, 11:18 am

Points on hand: 2,179.00 Points

Originally posted by Real
As far as Live vs Computer goes...I prefer live. I have been a PC gamer for nearly a decade and while its gotten better, it all depends on the server you hook up too. At least on Live it finds people with good connections and if not, they pretty much bomb out and you reset. Plus with Live if the host drops from the game, it reconfigures and you keep playing. Something servers for the PC cant do.

I think it was just my 6 years playing Counter-Strike that frustrated me with PC gaming but it worked.

Bleh...Counter-Strike has and will always be full of hackers and people who think their internet connection is good. But I'm a big FPS fan and I'm sticking with PC cause I can get the same expierience from the Halo games. (UT2004 owns Halo)

almost all ingame footage of the ps3 has been "faked".. they were made by a graphics company (how cheap :P). The Xbox 360 has shown some real ingame footage, gotto say damn it looked good. But i bet those HDTV thingies costed a lot :P.

Erm...whoever told you that was horribly wrong. All footage from the PS3 games were live action, not pre-rendered. Those games you saw (Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2) were live action game-play. But I can assure anyone they are not coming out 2006!!! And if you've played the MGS series, you'd know they don't switch to pre-rendered graphics during cut-scenes.
I believe the all the consoles start off with good, but not the best in the graphics department (like...one step above the last console) until the developers get a hang of it.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 11:34 am
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Xbox 360's graphics will be nearly identical to those of PS3. Xbox 360 is being released before christmas, and probably cheaper too. Microsoft has already won the competition. All the soccer mothers were at the department stores getting them to please their little children. Oh ... and to give Xbox the lead again, it has the Halo series.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,179.00 Points

Ahh...the Halo series. Halo = The average PC FPS. I'm not saying it's bad...(at least one console has a good FPS) but I'm just saying it's overrated. Half-Life 2 was a lot better than Halo 2...and you X-Box people should see why soon when it comes out. And UT2004 still is the best FPS with vehicles.

Still, Sony is going to win this. I mean, they have the MGS series, GTA series, GT series, Tekken series, and all those survival horror seris, and many other platformers and stuff. And Sony always manages to pull out many gems PS3.[;)]

Oh yeah, and hopefully the soccermoms know which package to get! Lol.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 1:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,016.00 Points

Erm...whoever told you that was horribly wrong. All footage from the PS3 games were live action, not pre-rendered. Those games you saw (Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2) were live action game-play. But I can assure anyone they are not coming out 2006!!! And if you've played the MGS series, you'd know they don't switch to pre-rendered graphics during cut-scenes.

Ah game that doesnt come out in 2006 shouldnt have any ingame footage at all :P. usually the first movies etc are released not more than 6 months before the release ;).

Besides that, lots of the Ingame footage shown on the E3 by sony was fake.

"At the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo, Sony floored the press with a staggering visual montage of PlayStation 3 footage. However, it was later discovered that some of the footage was nothing more than CG renders of what PS3 titles should look like upon completion. "

http://gamedaily.com/general/feature/?i ... 001&rp=750

especially thisone looks faked:
http://crazyhamzters.com/video/killzonetrailer.html
its just to good to be true, admit.. if it really was like that i would rush to the local store and buy the ps3 + this game. (i know its Killzone 3, scheduled for late 2006..)

Post November 23rd, 2005, 2:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,003.00 Points
Yea totally I agree with all u ps3 fans. Halo is the most overrated FPS and game in history. Only ppl with low IQ's would ever play Halo or the xbox.O and if u ppl who don't get Xbox 360 ur really not missin out. Ps3 has equal graphics, has better resolution, more space, and morew controllers. Once again i bet ppl will be selling their xbox's once ps3 and Nintendo Rev. come out. We got mario, zelda, GTA, Gt, Mgs, and all the other big sellers on Ps3 and Nintedno!

Post November 23rd, 2005, 2:12 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post November 23rd, 2005, 2:49 pm

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I think that the playstion3 is better becuse I have alot of playstion2 games so I will buy the playstion3 when it comes out it looks relly good I like michersoft but I like soney lot to so I will bye the playstion3 when it comes out the gratis are gettig better on the playstation 2 look at the new harry potter game on the playstion2 it looks relly good and the catese look like the ones form the moive and the same on the 3 harry potter game it just keeps geting better and better I have all of the nascar thunder games form 02 to 06 and 06 looks has relly good grafits on it so I like playstation alot better some of the games on xbox are'nt avable on playstion2 like the indycar o5 racing game and I have been looking for it on the playstion2 for a long time so I still like the playstion alot better.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 3:18 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
Only ppl with low IQ's would ever play Halo or the xbox.

Damm, you say my IQ is low? I bet mine is much higher that yours.

We got mario, zelda, GTA, Gt, Mgs, and all the other big sellers on Ps3 and Nintedno!

Okea if you want it this way. We've got :Elder scrolls 4 : Oblivion, HALF LIFE 2(you know ,the best FPS ever made), Project Gotham racing(tge best racer ever made).

And now to make ,the people who say PS3 will have more games,keep their mouth shut. The reason of the high number of games for PS is becasue of the recuierments. To make a Xbox360 game you will have to pass more than 2000 recruierments. For the PS games you'll only have to pass 1000 of those things.

So you see,be smart and buy Xbox360]

And as extra argument to buy Xbox(as real told you before), You can play online for free.No costs on that.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 8:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

Originally posted by Jakizle

the system costs 299.99 and the premium pack is 399.99
i guess you were maybe considering two games or something Princess G

Some stores here are selling it for $499.99. Full system or not, it's simply not worth the money. That $399.99 price must be a sale price or something.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 8:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

its not the sale price, just your stores must be overpriced, or they are selling the 399.99 package w/ an extra controller and maybe a game, which stores like eb games and game stop do. Thats why i love best buy, plus at best buy you can get reward zone which gives great benefits

Post November 23rd, 2005, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

Actually, to play games on xbox live, you need xbox live gold, which is only $50 a year, the same as xbox live on xbox. Also, to verify, the controller does not make up the whole system, also, the playstation controller is a little weird for me, I feel much comfortable with an xbox controller. Gamecube's is a little weird, but easy to get use to. PS3's controller just looks weird with those long handles.

PS comes out with to many games to fast that are just crap, or not very good. They do come out with games are good, but they only make up a small porportion of the many games. Xbox has some good games i like, and it happens to be more. and it looks like the 360 is coming out with a fair amount of good games on its release.

Now, we can sit here and argue endlessly about which system is better, and mostly we will get a lot of one set minded people who think the system they like is the best, and "Want" it to be the best.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 9:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

dude you can play games without gold. Gold gives you the marketplace and video chat and some other stuff. Its bonuses, not the actual xbox live

Post November 24th, 2005, 6:37 am

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

I really don't see the point of any of these next gen games having the capability of online play. That's the whole point of computers. It seems to me that the only reason the console companies have this feature is to try and steal the pc's thunder and consumers' money. I am more interested in the graphics and gameplay of a system, and I've just always liked the Playstation. I remember when it first was released and I was trying to decide between purchasing it, a 3DO, or a Sega Saturn (needless to say I'm glad I didn't pick one of the other two [lol]). I was working at Circuit City at the time and we had a PS and a 3DO display running at the same time. One of my co-workers was helping me decide which system to get, and he put a demo disc in each of the same game so I could compare and the rest as they say is history. I think that if the PSX and the PS2 both blew my mind then why go anywhere else to get my game on? I can't wait to see what GT will look like on the new system, not to mention the FF games. It's going to be great. [:D]

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion